The Student Room Group

Muslim women are the "least successful group in society" report finds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by inhuman
Really? This has been done over and over on TSR...

Well I haven't seen or been directed to these many many threads to be aware of this
Original post by oShahpo
I am not pretending any of that. As I said, Islam, and Orthodox Judaism, are the two most misogynistic religions there are. Religion was never born to free women, religion was never born to free anyone.

But you said that Mohammed covered up women to give them dignity, he did not.

Women go uncovered to signal availability. Mohammed made women unavailable by marrying them to some man and forbidding them to ever leave him (although he could leave them whenever he wanted). He covered up women to signal that they weren't available.

That had the effect of increasing the Muslim birth rate and the rate of transmission of the Muslim religion to children. It's one of the main reasons Islam survived and thrived.

Was it bad for women? Unclear. They had less sexual freedom when they were young but more care and support when they were old. Their long term relationships with their children may have been more meaningful than the short term relationships they lost out on with various men (that is largely personal preference).
I'm muslim and I want to work, I'd like to be a secondary school teacher. It's up to the individual, many like to stay home and care for their family.
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Well I haven't seen or been directed to these many many threads to be aware of this

Then google it.

Or stay ignorant. I don't care either way. I am not going to waste my time on you to come back with different interpretations. You're not fooling anyone.
Original post by inhuman
Then google it.

Or stay ignorant. I don't care either way. I am not going to waste my time on you to come back with different interpretations. You're not fooling anyone.

So I won
So I won

Have you proven that he made life better for women?
Original post by inhuman
Have you proven that he made life better for women?

You refused to provide a legitimate answer for your raping allegation.
You refused to provide a legitimate answer for your raping allegation.

And you are now refusing to prove your initial claim that he improved life for women.

You can't have your cake and eat it, too. If you require prove of others, you need to prove your own assertions.
Original post by inhuman
And you are now refusing to prove your initial claim that he improved life for women.

You can't have your cake and eat it, too. If you require prove of others, you need to prove your own assertions.

Well here's a quote to rubbish your rape claims, I'll be back shortly about women in general quotes
"O you who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should you treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the dowry you have given them - except when they have become guilty of open lewdness. On the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If you take a dislike to them, it may be that you dislike something and Allah will bring about through it a great deal of good." [Noble Quran 4:19]
Original post by squish562
Lol you're just one person. There are 1 billion Muslims. You might just be an exception.

There are 1 billion Muslims right here in the UK?
Original post by inhuman

And for women are rights over men similar to those of men over women." [Noble Quran 2:228]
The Quran, in addressing the believers, often uses the expression, 'believing men and women' to emphasize the equality of men and women in regard to their respective duties, rights, virtues and merits.
Reply 271
Im gonna change that \m/
Or atleast not suffer the same fate :| :tongue:

Not surprised tbh since the majority have like 20 children and oppressive husbands and cant speak English

Wait for the second generation - i.e. this one and the stats will prob change
Well here's a quote to rubbish your rape claims, I'll be back shortly about women in general quotes
"O you who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should you treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the dowry you have given them - except when they have become guilty of open lewdness. On the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If you take a dislike to them, it may be that you dislike something and Allah will bring about through it a great deal of good." [Noble Quran 4:19]

"And (as for) those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, if you have a doubt, their prescribed time shall be three months, and of those too who have not had their courses; and (as for) the pregnant women, their prescribed time is that they lay down their burden; and whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah He will make easy for him his affair. " 65:4

But do tell me, why do you just accept a quote from the Quran? Why not from history books? Those will actually tell you what happened. Or is it because you know the books show Mohammed to be a bloodlusting warlord that just created Islam to control the lands he conquered.
Original post by inhuman
"And (as for) those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, if you have a doubt, their prescribed time shall be three months, and of those too who have not had their courses; and (as for) the pregnant women, their prescribed time is that they lay down their burden; and whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah He will make easy for him his affair. " 65:4

But do tell me, why do you just accept a quote from the Quran? Why not from history books? Those will actually tell you what happened. Or is it because you know the books show Mohammed to be a bloodlusting warlord that just created Islam to control the lands he conquered.

The winners write history. History textbooks are incredibly unreliable and often the truth is bent, we'll never truly know what happened in those eras as we haven't lived there. The only objective source there is, are direct quotes from the Quran.
"of those too who have not had their courses"
Refers to the waiting time before having sex with a woman who just never got her period. Some women unfortunately never start their menstrual cycles.
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
I grew up this way.

No, I'm not racist, I don't think women should be stoned to death for sex before marriage or any of that nonsense.

In all honesty you are correct when you say that women working is good for the economy, however there is the long term negative effects. I've seen your posts and I've noticed you don't seem to like Islam very much, well you're going to have to get used to it and more of it because of just how far below replacement Western birthrates are, an economy which fails to maintain itself without hundreds of thousands of outside workers isn't actually doing so well if you ask me.

Countries with better humans rights tend to be more prosperous because they are more stable and have much lower levels of corruption, you don't do business in Pakistan unless you local sheriff is your cousin or you at least know who to bribe.

You are right.

The future of the West will be dominated by Muslims, Orthodox Jews and very right-wing Christians, Atheism is dead, they have no legacy, nobody will even come to their funerals. I saw this chilling speech by a Muslim cleric screaming that Europeans 'desire death' and how his people will go to Europe and give them life, obviously he's a crazy lunatic, but he's also right.

Atheism isn't dead it's on the rise amongst the younger generation in the west?
The winners write history. History textbooks are incredibly unreliable and often the truth is bent, we'll never truly know what happened in those eras as we haven't lived there. The only objective source there is, are direct quotes from the Quran.
"of those too who have not had their courses"
Refers to the waiting time before having sex with a woman who just never got her period. Some women unfortunately never start their menstrual cycles.

No we don't. But what we can see is how Muslim majority cultures have passed on their values. And that doesn't look too good for your argument.

ps I am sure that is exactly what it means.
Isn't the BBC article talking about Muslim women being unemployed because they aren't able to find jobs and are discriminated against because of their identities as a Muslim?
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
A Muslim woman who has no job but is a good mother and wife, is more successful than a single 40 year old White woman with more money but less family life.

I love what you said but I felt compelled to point this out. A white woman can be Muslim. Although, this not so common, I see it on a few occasions.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Saba XD
Yeah, when you did not find anything wrong in my comment, you resorted to criticise my grammar. Even though, everyone makes mistakes here and there but because I did, you called me out. You are not perfect either. No one is. And, before you fix someone else's grammar, maybe you should concentrate on your own? It is not 'if you want to make a success, it is either 'if you want to be successful' or 'if you want to succeed'.

Just returning the favour, hon :wink:.

"If you want to make a success" is perfectly correct. Please explain what grammatical rule is broken?
Give me the proof he raped girls. Actual quotes from the Quran please, no hearsay will be accepted.

It is in Sahih Hadith, one of the most respected and authentic Hadiths in the Islamic world. In it Aisha narrates that she was 9 when Muhammad he sex with her and he would have been in his 50s. As no 9-year-old can meaningfully consent to sex it is rape.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending