The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by future doctor x
Guys a questiom ...

I was thinking of filling a "register your interest " for clearing for a uni , will this affect my current application in any way like they're asking for ucas id and all and im just worried my current firm uni wont be affected by me signing up to get clearing alerts from this uni ?

It shouldn't do, I did this for Manchester Uni and they've just been sending me automated emails. It can't affect your application because they don't ask for your UCAS number/clearing number/etc. It's a good idea to register interest and have a Plan B just in case things don't turn out the way you're hoping :smile:
These past few days have flown by... argh 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cadherin
Anyone get their results emailed to them? I get my results emailed to me at 6am which is brutal, I'd rather go into school tbh... :frown:

Yeah and texted to me .. smh :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I cant take it anymore the wait is getting to me.. my little brothers think I'm mad I keep screaming "GUYS WHAT IF I FAIL" and shaking them 😂👌
I was fine till I started reading this thread. Now I feel like armageddon is coming.
had a dream that i got a meaty 5 UMS on my D2 paper : )
Original post by tanyapotter
i think my plan is this:
6 - 8am: refresh track constantly until it updates and i know if i've made it or not
8am onwards:
- if i've made my firm offer, celebrate quietly at home and hold off collecting my results for as long as possible because 1. i know they still won't be as good as i want them to be, 2. i don't care because i got into university, 3. i don't want to face teachers/peers who are better than me so i'll wait til the crowds die down LMAO
- if i've missed my offer, get my sorry ass to school ASAP to look for clearing spaces and see just how badly i ****ed up

if i've missed my offer then i'll have to face my teachers and discuss what to do next with them, but if i've made it then i couldn't care less and that's my association with my school done forever lol

Good plan - same with me! I think I'll wait as long as possible if I've made my offer, as then there's more of a chance of being able to hide amongst the year 12s. :smile:
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
image.jpg

I had to make that my wall paper after my C3 exam. I instantly lost hope
I'm scared of seeing grades that I'm not expecting at all. Well, at AS, I lost my exams virginity with a D in Lit and I'll probably see a D in D1, but I'm actually afraid of seeing D/E grades in my other papers, especially in Bio, you can never predict what happens with Bio :redface:
Original post by Pato1
Wish it was easy to predict English Lit, you literally have to write pages of garbage and hope you get a good mark. Not to mention 27/30 is an A ._.

That was probably what I ended up doing :rofl:
Original post by Serine Soul
I'm scared of seeing grades that I'm not expecting at all. Well, at AS, I lost my exams virginity with a D in Lit and I'll probably see a D in D1, but I'm actually afraid of seeing D/E grades in my other papers, especially in Bio, you can never predict what happens with Bio :redface:

Biology is the worst!! I thought I was good at it then I was slapped with a C last year. The way they mark is so specific especially edexcel bio what exam board do you do?
I did AS English Language last year, got D's and E's in every homework essay I did and did zero revision, and got 2 marks off an A in the exam. I don't understand how they mark those things.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lularose83
I'm actually really scared about my EPQ result as well 😥

I did EPQ as well! :smile: Did you get told your grade before it was sent off though? I was told a rough estimate, but it gets marked a few times by the teachers before it is sent off, so their estimate has to be close.
3 weeks or so left and I still haven't even started my EPQ artefact... I think results day nerves are also kicking in now - I have nothing to worry about because what's done is done but there's that little fear of a potential mistake in the marking (but I don't doubt the examiners).
Original post by Mariochan
Biology is the worst!! I thought I was good at it then I was slapped with a C last year. The way they mark is so specific especially edexcel bio what exam board do you do?

I do AQA, which is probably the worst :redface: I'm especially scared about the EMPA, the practical. It is small but it's probably gonna be what brings me down from the grade I need
Original post by TheHammeredDog
I did AS English Language last year, got D's and E's in every homework essay I did and did zero revision, and got 2 marks off an A in the exam. I don't understand how they mark those things.

I did AS Language last year and I got 2 marks of an A as well! :rofl: I got an A overall, but I only got a C in this year's coursework and heaven knows what I got in the exam so I'm hoping a B :biggrin:
Original post by QueenBee98
I did EPQ as well! :smile: Did you get told your grade before it was sent off though? I was told a rough estimate, but it gets marked a few times by the teachers before it is sent off, so their estimate has to be close.

I did EPQ too. Got told I had a B, but it was only a mark within the B boundary. I'm happy with a B but worried that it will drop to a C :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheHammeredDog

Lol I was the opposite to that, every homework/assignment was an A, my coursework was practically full marks, then bam, D in LITB1

I remember laughing when I saw it, then crying
Original post by QueenBee98
I did AS Language last year and I got 2 marks of an A as well! :rofl: I got an A overall, but I only got a C in this year's coursework and heaven knows what I got in the exam so I'm hoping a B :biggrin:

I dropped it, I couldn't stand English, hence the lack of revision. The only reason I took it was for Law at university, and I realised in the January of that year that Law was not the subject for me.
I did the EPQ but my teacher didn't hint my mark/grade at all :'(

I probs got a C though

Quick Reply

Latest