The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I support the Palestinian's right to their own state, but only if they themselves elect a government that is committed to peace and the wellbeing of Palestinain civilians over attacking Israel.

Given that Hamas spend a disproportionate amount of their cash and aid materials on buying weapons and building tunnels to attack Israel, I see no option for a Palestinain state until they are removed.
OK, here we go again......

But what the hell, I'll try and summarise my position

I support the Palestinian people's right to resist the campaign of colonisation, expulsion and dispossession that has been waged against them for a century, and to continue to attempt to win their political rights and self-determination. Whether they want to put their efforts towards one- or two-state solution is up to them, I'm not going to tell them what to do in that regard.

I'm not opposed to a two state solution, but frankly it seems to be growing more and more unlikely as time goes on, with both the rightward drift in Israeli politics and the ever-expanding settlements. It's becoming a one state reality and eventually that's going to be realised.
Palestine :pal:
This thread is very political tho OP:redface:
Viva Israel!
It will be a one state solution.
Two state. Eradicate Hamas, and protect the palestinians with laws that prevent them from getting invaded via illegal settlements.

There, everyone is happy now.
(edited 7 years ago)
I support Israel!

#FreePalestineFromHamas
Original post by Saba XD
Do you support Palestine, Israel or would want a two-state solution?

Spoiler

"Conflict"

The war between a few ragtag groups of extremists with no advanced weaponry and little military training against one of the most militarised nations in the world.

Hamas and Fatah are supported by an ever-growing number of Palestinians due to their absolute oppression and apartheid treatment by foreign occupiers. Meanwhile this is causing the rightward shift of the Zionist population.

Truth.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DMcGovern
"Conflict"

The war between a few ragtag groups of extremists with no advanced weaponry and little military training against one of the most militarised nations in the world.

Exactly. As this article explains well, international politicians, diplomats and media have an obsession with portarying Israel-Palestine as if it's a territorial dispute between two nation-states, rather than a question of political rights.

In reality, there is only one state between the river and the sea which simply applies differing levels of de jure and de facto rule and power over all the territory, accompanied by effective different levels of citizenship rights.

It was a similar case with Bosnia - western diplomats assume everything to be a matter of ethnoterritorialism because it makes their jobs simple (if not necessarily easy), makes it easy to stay 'neutral' and avoids any serious analysis of the social and political issues involved. Media follows because it makes their stories simple and easy to present to viewers.
dont care, this is a historic argument of over 1000 years old between mohammed and some jews over who owns some dirt. dont drag rest of the world into that mess.
Reply 11
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Palestine :pal:
This thread is very political tho OP:redface:

I know. Just wanted to know the views of fellow TSRians.

#FreePalestineFromIsraeliOccupation

:pal:
Original post by Saba XD
I know. Just wanted to know the views of fellow TSRians.

#FreePalestineFromIsraeliOccupation

:pal:

:pal2:
I got Hamas confused with Humous. Enough said.
Reply 14
Original post by PrincessBO$$
:pal2:

PRSOM :biggrin:
Original post by Onde

It is my view that it is unrealistic for Jerusalem to be split between Palestine and Israel (for one to have it of course is absolutely out of the question): I think this guy has the right idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhw9Bv09xrs

Thats a superb idea! But nobody'll let that happen any time soon :frown:
Original post by anarchism101
I support the Palestinian people's right to resist

The codename for "the right to terrorize". Really good choice.. :cool:
This thread has already been made and has had thorough discussion elsewhere.
Their should be a solution but it's not going to happen. No point in debating this again.
One has to consider what would happen if the rolls were reversed and Hamas was the group with the powerful military. They were elected on a charter that clearly states they want to genocide the Jewish population and will not stop until every Jew is dead. I condemn the building of illegal settlements, but cannot support Palestine with Hamas in charge. Once Hamas are gone I will advocate a 2 state solution.
Original post by admonit
The codename for "the right to terrorize". Really good choice.. :cool:

No, that's your inference and conflation.

Latest

Trending

Trending