The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not in the league but want an opinion on my team:

Butland
Bellerin-Van Dijk-Alderweireld-Shaw
Sigurdsson-Xhaka-Kanté-Ayew
Aguero-Gray

Bench: Mandanda, Koné, Ozil, Benteke

Will sub out Benteke if he stays at Liverpool but he was tempting at the price. No prizes for guessing who I support either.
Original post by Simbwayo
Not in the league but want an opinion on my team:

Butland
Bellerin-Van Dijk-Alderweireld-Shaw
Sigurdsson-Xhaka-Kanté-Ayew
Aguero-Gray

Bench: Mandanda, Koné, Ozil, Benteke

Will sub out Benteke if he stays at Liverpool but he was tempting at the price. No prizes for guessing who I support either.

Way too much spent on defence. Should be playing 343 or 352 imo. Downgrade a 6.5 and a 5.5 to a 5 and a 4.5. Ozil and Benteke at those prices should be playing vast majority of games so downgrade Kante to a 4.5 who plays who can sit on bench instead. Upgrade Xhaka (and Benteke if he hasn't moved by GW1).
Reply 182
pm'ed instead :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Finally got over the hideous UI and have made my team- The Invincibles.

Really not feeling confident about this season, I've just jumped on all the bandwagons and hoping that gives me a decent enough start to build on.
Joined, AsanofThingsToCome is team name
Would like to join a H2H league too. @sr90 are we doing that this year?

Will be on a plane tomorrow so if possible could you PM me or add me to a h2h league!
Original post by RedDevil014
Finally got over the hideous UI and have made my team- The Invincibles.

Really not feeling confident about this season, I've just jumped on all the bandwagons and hoping that gives me a decent enough start to build on.

I did email them to enquire about the availability of an alternative scheme to vomit, or whether there is an option to scale the layout for laptop, before my knuckles seize up and leave me with a clenched ball on the end of my left arm

Hi Joe,

Thanks alot for your feedback relating to the site's layout, which we'll pass onto the development team. It is not possible to revert to the layout from previous seasons.

*Regards, *Fantasy Premier League Support*
(edited 7 years ago)
Team Name: We're Dier.

Team: De Gea
Shaw, Evans, Vertonghen
Silva, Drinkwater, Eriksen, Martial
Aguero,Costa, Musa

Thoughts on the team? Struggling to find the money to improve it tbh? Any Ideas?
haven't started picking my team, time to write off the next 24 hours? :biggrin:
Original post by samiz20891
Team Name: We're Dier.

Team: De Gea
Shaw, Evans, Vertonghen
Silva, Drinkwater, Eriksen, Martial
Aguero,Costa, Musa

Thoughts on the team? Struggling to find the money to improve it tbh? Any Ideas?

Solid team - I've also gone with Musa.. I really hope he plays, but I'm a bit scared that Vardy will keep him out! I think WBA will struggle this season so Evans might be a bit risky, but then again Pulis knows how to set his team up.

I think Costa might be someone that could be swapped out, but we shall see how he performs. Sometimes it's just best to leave it until a couple of weeks in. Last season I changed it loads at the beginning and cost myself loads of points :colondollar:
Thoughts on my team?

Foster
Lovren-Walker-Bellerin
Silva-Willian-Mane-Ibe
Gray-Ibrahimovic-Aguero
Original post by The.Joker
Thoughts on my team?

Foster
Lovren-Walker-Bellerin
Silva-Willian-Mane-Ibe
Gray-Ibrahimovic-Aguero

Bellerin is great.. but I would not go near an arsenal defender for the first few weeks, considering it looks like we will be playing against liverpool/leicster with two kids at Cb (holding, chambers)

If we sign mustafi, and kos returns, then maybe, but until then, all arsenal fans are really worried about our defense.
Original post by PugDevil
Solid team - I've also gone with Musa.. I really hope he plays, but I'm a bit scared that Vardy will keep him out! I think WBA will struggle this season so Evans might be a bit risky, but then again Pulis knows how to set his team up.

I think Costa might be someone that could be swapped out, but we shall see how he performs. Sometimes it's just best to leave it until a couple of weeks in. Last season I changed it loads at the beginning and cost myself loads of points :colondollar:

I agree with Costa, tempted to improve on Drinkwater and get another striker but the options are quite limited with the budget, probably will leave it a couple of weeks before making a decision. I usually go for a stoke defender but having a feeling defensively WBA will keep more clean sheets throughout the season.
From the Leicester games I have seen this pre-season, I think Musa really needs to start and will definitely be at least a bench option as if Osasaki starts e normally only lasts 45-60 minutes. I think Musa will be more clinical and I know it is a risk but I feel he will score if he plays on a regular basis. He is also rapid and strong so I can see him being a real threat and worth a gamble at 7.5m
Original post by samiz20891
I agree with Costa, tempted to improve on Drinkwater and get another striker but the options are quite limited with the budget, probably will leave it a couple of weeks before making a decision. I usually go for a stoke defender but having a feeling defensively WBA will keep more clean sheets throughout the season.
From the Leicester games I have seen this pre-season, I think Musa really needs to start and will definitely be at least a bench option as if Osasaki starts e normally only lasts 45-60 minutes. I think Musa will be more clinical and I know it is a risk but I feel he will score if he plays on a regular basis. He is also rapid and strong so I can see him being a real threat and worth a gamble at 7.5m

Yeah exactly the same thoughts about Musa. Everyone seems to have Aguero but he just costs so much :frown: If he doesn't get an injury in the first couple of weeks then I may put him in.

Its a shame because Drinkwater is a good midfielder but for FF you need midfielders who are going to get assists or goals.. I'm hoping Pogba does just that for me! Also I feel like Stoke aren't as defensive as they used to be, but normally Shawcross was a good pick.
Reply 194
Original post by sr90
32 people in the league, not bad, will be nice to get 40 before the season starts!

Only 8 in the H2H

You got my message yeah? Where is the H2H code btw
Reply 195
Kun and Ibrahim just cost so much monies. My midfield is crap lool

Also I'n hoping my Courtois will pay off, can see Chelsea keeping a lot of CS this season
Pogba's been suspended for the Bournemouth game, take him out of your squad!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feel very nervous going without Vardy. Reckon Leicester will batter Hull tomorrow, Mike Phelan has already come out and said Hull can't compete

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to join the league if that is alright? Not sure how much I will be on here in a month or two mind you!

FF.jpg

^ my final team
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone got the H2H code?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest