The Student Room Group

Feel like I've failed already.

I need ABB to do my course. Feel like I will get ABC or ABD. I was feeling confident that I would get a C in English but since yesterday I have just felt like I'm going to get a D. I have a B in my coursework and I feel I have a B in one of the exam modules. What's really worrying me is that last year in my AS I got a D in English with an E in my exam, I repeated it this year and feel like it went better but I keep comparing It to last year as I feel like I just haven't made a difference. I just keep going over and over it in my head and its really stressing me out
Try not to worry about anything yet, as stressing out about your results won't change them, nor help you. You may be pleasantly surprised and done better than you think!

My own little results story:

I got Cs in both of my AS Geography exams, giving me a low C overall. I retook the Unit 1 exam, but I felt it had gone even worse than the first time! I'd run out of time to revise (due to focusing on my A2s instead), all the things I hadn't revised came up, and I misread one of the exam questions, meaning I wasted about half an hour writing about the wrong topic before realizing and having to start again! It later turned out that I'd got an A in the retake exam, and that pushed my A2 grade up to a B, which was what I needed for my degree!

I hope that gives you some hope that all is not lost! Wait and see how you do on the day, and then take things from there. Depending on the popularity of the course and how lenient your uni is on results day, they may accept you even if you miss a grade, so try not to panic too much. Best of luck! :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
Try not to worry about anything yet, as stressing out about your results won't change them, nor help you. You may be pleasantly surprised and done better than you think!

My own little results story:

I got Cs in both of my AS Geography exams, giving me a low C overall. I retook the Unit 1 exam, but I felt it had gone even worse than the first time! I'd run out of time to revise (due to focusing on my A2s instead), all the things I hadn't revised came up, and I misread one of the exam questions, meaning I wasted about half an hour writing about the wrong topic before realizing and having to start again! It later turned out that I'd got an A in the retake exam, and that pushed my A2 grade up to a B, which was what I needed for my degree!

I hope that gives you some hope that all is not lost! Wait and see how you do on the day, and then take things from there. Depending on the popularity of the course and how lenient your uni is on results day, they may accept you even if you miss a grade, so try not to panic too much. Best of luck! :smile:

Thanks a lot mate, that's very thoughtful and I'm glad you did well
Try not to worry about it as you can't change it now and it will only make your life miserable. Also remember, a lot of unis accept people anyway when they don't meet the requirements of their offer. When I applied yo University of Edinburgh to study English Lit. the offer was for AAA; I got AAB and was still accepted. Also a lot of my friends didn't meet their offers and still got into their chosen uni regardless. Remember, there is also clearing. Good luck.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest