The Student Room Group

Ladies, do you find guys who are unimpressed, or not trying sexier?

I'm just looking for advice. I am told I'm very attractive but am not a success with women at all. Are women, attractive women such as I'm sure there are here, turned on by a guy who seems to have options, not care about impressing them, unimpressed by them....more attracted to this guy? Be honest, because people do like high value, inaccessible thing at times. Then I would have to balance this with getting noticed. The trick is to get noticed without trying hard.

Can any women give me advice? I love women and think they are hot but not enjoying that side of life.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I love women and think they are hot

Freak.
Definitely, I'm sure women love a lazy and boring man.
Reply 3
Original post by Davalla
Freak.

Are you being serious?
Women want to be pursued, this idea that women go after men who ignore them is a total lie, most women would interpret that as a lack of interest and find another man.
I'm just looking for advice. I am told I'm very attractive but am not a success with women at all. Are women, attractive women such as I'm sure there are here, turned on by a guy who seems to have options, not care about impressing them, unimpressed by them....more attracted to this guy? Be honest, because people do like high value, inaccessible thing at times. Then I would have to balance this with getting noticed. The trick is to get noticed without trying hard.

Can any women give me advice? I love women and think they are hot but not enjoying that side of life.

When it comes to wanting to be in a relationship, absolutely not. I want a guy to be interested in me and want to impress me (obviously not overly so if I barely know you), the unimpressed and bored guy comes across as thinking he's better than everyone and I would never want to be with them.
The placement of that comma in your title has given me a headache
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
Women want to be pursued, this idea that women go after men who ignore them is a total lie, most women would interpret that as a lack of interest and find another man.

This is pure and utter COPE.

Do you think a guy with 9/10 face and body doesn't get women throwing themselves at him? just lol.
Original post by richpanda

Do you think a guy with 9/10 face and body doesn't get women throwing themselves at him? just lol.

The point in having a 9/10 face and body as a man is that everything happens on your terms, you do the selecting and the dumping.
Reply 9
When it comes to wanting to be in a relationship, absolutely not. I want a guy to be interested in me and want to impress me (obviously not overly so if I barely know you), the unimpressed and bored guy comes across as thinking he's better than everyone and I would never want to be with them.

Not being rude, but I'm told some women say the opposite to what they want. Could many privately be attracted to unimpressed 'negging' at initial/sexual level?
If maybe there is complexity underneath....

Because theonly conclusion I've ever formed from being told I'm attractive, and getting no success with women, since I don't act this way-is that I get too impressed by the, find them too attractive, might get a bit nervous or excited, and they sense this and find it a turn off. That woman back there said 'freak' for saying I find women fascinating,so maybe this is it..
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
The point in having a 9/10 face and body as a man is that everything happens on your terms, you do the selecting and the dumping.

That was a slight exaggeration, but my point still stands. I'm probably a 6.5/10, 7/10 on a good day but I've still had my fair share of being pursued rather than being the pursuer. Obviously nowhere near as much as a 9/10, but it still happens. Social skills are very underrated.

Yes. Ultra feminist times mean women are held in high esteem, and very high demand. Men do not have this view of themselves, they may see they are fine compared to other guys, doesn't mean they think that women will give them a shot
That was a slight exaggeration, but my point still stands. I'm probably a 6.5/10, 7/10 on a good day but I've still had my fair share of being pursued rather than being the pursuer. Obviously nowhere near as much as a 9/10, but it still happens. Social skills are very underrated.

Women will do stupid stuff for your attention, but they won't pursue.
This really was a thread asking for female advice, it's turned into a male ego fest.
Not being rude, but I'm told some women say the opposite to what they want. Could many privately be attracted to unimpressed 'negging' at initial/sexual level?
If maybe there is complexity underneath....

Because theonly conclusion I've ever formed from being told I'm attractive, and getting no success with women, since I don't act this way-is that I get too impressed by the, find them too attractive, might get a bit nervous or excited, and they sense this and find it a turn off. That woman back there said 'freak' for saying I find women fascinating,so maybe this is it..

Sure, some women may be drawn to these guys without knowing it. But from my experience and the girls I know (me also being a girl) I find a guy that acts unimpressed as thinking he's all that, when often he really isn't, and he comes across as uninterested so we just turn our attention to someone who is interested.

If a guy is really forward (for me at least, I know it's different for others) it can scare me a bit, but showing no interest puts me off massively. I think guys that get excited and nervous around girls may just be a bit too forward for the girls they're pursuing? I'm not too sure what you mean by nervous and excited, sometimes nerves can be cute and show interest, but if it's over the top it's just a bit weird.
Sure, some women may be drawn to these guys without knowing it. But from my experience and the girls I know (me also being a girl) I find a guy that acts unimpressed as thinking he's all that, when often he really isn't, and he comes across as uninterested so we just turn our attention to someone who is interested.

If a guy is really forward (for me at least, I know it's different for others) it can scare me a bit, but showing no interest puts me off massively. I think guys that get excited and nervous around girls may just be a bit too forward for the girls they're pursuing? I'm not too sure what you mean by nervous and excited, sometimes nerves can be cute and show interest, but if it's over the top it's just a bit weird.

I wouldn't be too forward but the nerves stem from sexual excitement, adrenaline when someone hits you, and maybe I find it hard to concentrate on what I'm doing but also quite hard to speak to them without conveying attraction.. I think this may be the problem- I've convinced myself conveying attraction is a bad move so I can end up aloof, dealing with the intense longing I feel for physical union with that person, I repress it maybe.
Reply 16
I personally wouldn't be interested in this type of guy and yes that's me saying exactly what I mean. I would pursue a guy if he looks confident and has a big personality, not looking bored. But it is true that women see their role as showing interest, e.g eye contact across the room, but it's the guys job to pursue and seem interested. You can be an ugly fck but be confident and youll pull girls, trust me
Yes. Ultra feminist times mean women are held in high esteem, and very high demand. Men do not have this view of themselves, they may see they are fine compared to other guys, doesn't mean they think that women will give them a shot

ultra feminist times just means that the top echelon of men get more attention, and the lower echelon get less
Original post by zoex101
I personally wouldn't be interested in this type of guy and yes that's me saying exactly what I mean. I would pursue a guy if he looks confident and has a big personality, not looking bored. But it is true that women see their role as showing interest, e.g eye contact across the room, but it's the guys job to pursue and seem interested. You can be an ugly fck but be confident and youll pull girls, trust me

I must have bad technique. I have had some interest very occasionally but not been pursued much.
ultra feminist times just means that the top echelon of men get more attention, and the lower echelon get less

Yes, I think theres something quite entitled and aggressive about that, it's quite ruthless. Maybe if you win in it it's quite hot though. I have noticed.
I think I must be boring tbh, or too abstract/introspective.

Are you male or female?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending