The Student Room Group

No longer interested in attending my firm or insurance, what do I do?

So I've secured an offer from Portsmouth (BBB) and Nottingham Trent (BBC) to do Psychology, but I've decided over the last few months that both of these uni's really aren't for me, and I want to try and go somewhere else, preferably within London.

How do I go about getting the offers from those two voided so that I can go through adjustment/clearing on results day? I am also prepared to take a gap year and reapply if I HAVE to, but obviously would rather not have to.

Do I wait til results day to get my offers from Portsmouth and Notts Trent voided or do I do it now?
Did you get conformation for A-Levela today??
Original post by grunday
So I've secured an offer from Portsmouth (BBB) and Nottingham Trent (BBC) to do Psychology, but I've decided over the last few months that both of these uni's really aren't for me, and I want to try and go somewhere else, preferably within London.

How do I go about getting the offers from those two voided so that I can go through adjustment/clearing on results day? I am also prepared to take a gap year and reapply if I HAVE to, but obviously would rather not have to.

Do I wait til results day to get my offers from Portsmouth and Notts Trent voided or do I do it now?

Call both of them TODAY and explain that you no longer wish to take up a place and would like to be placed into Clearing ASAP.

Ask what they need in writing to ensure this is done by the morning of results day.

Ask for (and keep a record of) the name and job title of the people you speak to, the number you called and what they said.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Call both of them TODAY and explain that you no longer wish to take up a place and would like to be placed into Clearing ASAP.

Ask what they need in writing to ensure this is done by the morning of results day.

Ask for (and keep a record of) the name and job title of the people you speak to, the number you called and what they said.

The only reason I was apprehensive to do this was because I'm looking to do better than the BBB offer I was given by Portsmouth and therefore stay in London, but then if I'm placed into clearing I assumed I wouldn't have access to adjustment courses. Is that correct?
Reply 4
Original post by ludd-sama
Did you get conformation for A-Levela today??

Not sure what you mean
Original post by grunday
The only reason I was apprehensive to do this was because I'm looking to do better than the BBB offer I was given by Portsmouth and therefore stay in London, but then if I'm placed into clearing I assumed I wouldn't have access to adjustment courses. Is that correct?

There's no listing for adjustment - only clearing courses.

Most universities use clearing and adjustment interchangably.

You would only be eligible to use adjustment if you got ABB or higher. But adjustment is very high risk and high pressure (5 days from results day and a lot of universities manage to mess up acceptances).

If you want to go to university in London then get placed into clearing ASAP - don't wait to see *if* you can use adjustment.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
There's no listing for adjustment - only clearing courses.

Most universities use clearing and adjustment interchangably.

You would only be eligible to use adjustment if you got ABB or higher.

So clearing and adjustment are essentially the same listings? If so that's good, will call both uni's now.
Original post by grunday
Not sure what you mean

I mean, how did you find out you were accepted by your Universities today?
Reply 8
Original post by ludd-sama
I mean, how did you find out you were accepted by your Universities today?

Oh, I don't know if I have yet, but either way I dont want to go to my firm or insurance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending