The Student Room Group

I have no idea what to study in college

Does anyone have any idea of what to study in college but i want to study something that will be useful and will help me in life.Any ideas and can you tell me what your studying.
Original post by sahra667
Does anyone have any idea of what to study in college but i want to study something that will be useful and will help me in life.Any ideas and can you tell me what your studying.
If you like writing essays and reading then you should study subjects such as History, Geography, Psychology, English Language etc. If you choose to study 4 AS subjects with the majority being essay based I would recommend you at least study one STEM subject in college as they form part of the facilitating subjects and would be preferred by universities. However if you like the physical sciences then you should at least study 3 STEM subjects.
(edited 7 years ago)

What are your interests? What were your grades at GCSE? (if you have them yet. Failing that, what subject was your favourite/your best?)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by _gcx
What are your interests? What were your grades at GCSE? (if you have them yet. Failing that, what subject was your favourite/your best?)

Grades aren't a problem.Well I despise maths.I'm more of an english person but I want to study something that will help me get a decent job
You should do BTEC health and social care, the health and social care sector provides a wide range of jobs for people eg, nursing

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm studying Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology.

If you're unsure, take the subjects you enjoy. If you're not fussed, try and take a range of subjects. My sister doesn't know what she wants to do in the slightest: she's taking Drama, Geography, Psychology and Sociology at A-Level.

Yes, but I'm switching to BTEC Childcare because it is too hard.

Sarcasm at its finest.

@sahra667 If you're intersted in English maybe a selection of A-Levels based around Law, Philosophy or EngLit, etc., might suit you!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest