The Student Room Group

Gcse triple science ocr helpp!

So the academic year that just went i moved schools for some reasons which will be too much to explain on here but it was a realistic reason. So when i moved i chose the options textiles, foodtech and geography. I didnt want textiles but i chose it cos i dropped ART as it was getting stressful for me. I kept asking my science teacher i wanted to do triple knowing its going to take a lot of hard work.

So i went upto him the day before school ended for the summer and he finally said yes. But he said if i dont perform well next year he may take me off the course. I really want to do this i know i can do it but the work load is starting to de-motivate me. Any useful tips? I mean i have to self-study most of the modules. I've covered most of B1,C1,P1,B2,C2,P2 and a bit of B3,C3,P3. I need motivation and study tips!!! And if you have already done the exams how did you find it?? Im starting triple science in year 11 i dropped textiles. I know i can do this i just need the right guidance

THANK YOUUUUUU 😊😄😄😄
Reply 1
Hi. I have just done OCR Gateway B-triple. I will say, that the course can be really hard, there is a lot of content involved which needs to be learnt and revised. So my recommendation would always to be going over the content you have just learned. The way I did this is through past papers. LOTS of past papers!!! Just do any that test you can (even the core and additional ones) and then mark it yourself as you will start to remember the content more and also know what you need to do to get the marks, as there will be lots of patterns in how to get the marks. Triple can also be fun and it is not as hard as people say, as long as you put the effort in, and ask your teacher for help with the things you don't get you should be fine. :smile:
I've just done ocr gateway b triple science and past papers should be your best friend now as there's a lot of content. Are you doing gateway b or 21sr century ocr?
Is this about OCR Gateway B? If so, it's not hard to self teach. Just do ALL the past papers and the legacy papers. Memorise responses to repeating questions. Look at the spec!!
Triple science is not that bad, just get your note making out of the way vert early ( that's what i did) and you won't be stressed.

If you want my notes for each module, i can email them to you. PM me your email address.
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by lovelybow
Is this about OCR Gateway B? If so, it's not hard to self teach. Just do ALL the past papers and the legacy papers. Memorise responses to repeating questions. Look at the spec!!
Triple science is not that bad, just get your note making out of the way vert early ( that's what i did) and you won't be stressed.

If you want my notes for each module, i can email them to you. PM me your email address.
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh thanks!! Im doing OCR 21st century science A btw
Reply 5
Original post by ChemGeek16
I've just done ocr gateway b triple science and past papers should be your best friend now as there's a lot of content. Are you doing gateway b or 21sr century ocr?

OCR 21st century
Reply 6
Original post by Tom1699
Hi. I have just done OCR Gateway B-triple. I will say, that the course can be really hard, there is a lot of content involved which needs to be learnt and revised. So my recommendation would always to be going over the content you have just learned. The way I did this is through past papers. LOTS of past papers!!! Just do any that test you can (even the core and additional ones) and then mark it yourself as you will start to remember the content more and also know what you need to do to get the marks, as there will be lots of patterns in how to get the marks. Triple can also be fun and it is not as hard as people say, as long as you put the effort in, and ask your teacher for help with the things you don't get you should be fine. :smile:

Thank you 😊
Original post by sweetsmile
OCR 21st century

Am doing OCR 21st Century as well. Have you brought a revision guide? If not you might want to look into investing in one. Unless your school are going to sell some in year 11.

I found some extremely useful resources on GetRevising which I would recommend using. Are you going to module 4 5 6 and 7 in year 11? If so that would take a whole lot of effort and probably the majority of year 11 perhaps.
Original post by sweetsmile
OCR 21st century

Ah can't really give any specific help then
Reply 9
Original post by Daydreamer3
Am doing OCR 21st Century as well. Have you brought a revision guide? If not you might want to look into investing in one. Unless your school are going to sell some in year 11.

I found some extremely useful resources on GetRevising which I would recommend using. Are you going to module 4 5 6 and 7 in year 11? If so that would take a whole lot of effort and probably the majority of year 11 perhaps.

im doing 4,5,6 and 7 as well . Thanks for the resources i will look into those! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest