The Student Room Group

As a Muslim female I think it's unfair that women have to cover everything but men ca

Just had a moment today I went for a walk and as usual I was wearing my Hijab (head covering) and a long top which covers my arms and I had two layers of clothing two tops and a long skirt. It was so hot and what pisses me off is how Muslim Men can just wear shorts and a top only and flip flops how the ****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk is that fair ? I really want to enjoy the weather without being covered head to toe it's so hot.................How is it fair that Muslim Men have it so easy ????
It pissesssss me off, I saw some Muslim women in burqas like wth would you wear that???

Scroll to see replies

I get this
thats a shame your muslim
Reply 3
Got a problem, convert :smile:
Remove the headscarf, wear shorter sleeved tops.

You don't have to do something you don't want to
Reply 5
'As a Muslim female I think it's unfair that women have to cover everything'

You are your own person. You don't 'have' to do this. It's your choice so don't complain because you yourself can do something about this.
Original post by Anonymous
Just had a moment today I went for a walk and as usual I was wearing my Hijab (head covering) and a long top which covers my arms and I had two layers of clothing two tops and a long skirt. It was so hot and what pisses me off is how Muslim Men can just wear shorts and a top only and flip flops how the ****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk is that fair ? I really want to enjoy the weather without being covered head to toe it's so hot.................How is it fair that Muslim Men have it so easy ????
It pissesssss me off, I saw some Muslim women in burqas like wth would you wear that???

There is hijab(covering) for men as well. Most Muslims just forget. Granted, they don't have to cover as much as we do. If the heat is really your problem, check your fabric and layers. An abaya made of breathable fabric is more comfortable than layering two tops.

Are you serious? Men also need to remain modest i.e wearing trousers up to their ankles.

Consider wearing a maxi dress or an abaya so you dont need to layer. Also, I advise you to remove the hijab because you should be wearing it for the right intentions, i.e its not just a scarf.
Original post by ReeceM1

You are your own person. You don't 'have' to do this. It's your choice so don't complain because you yourself can do something about this.

lol muslim women do have to
Your religion is misogynistic and treats women like dirt. I'd recommend leaving behind an ideology that you do not agree with or find unfair.
Original post by Serine Soul
Remove the headscarf, wear shorter sleeved tops.

You don't have to do something you don't want to

My mum will be upset if I do bless her she's even pushing me to wear the burqa because as she says just a hijab isn't enough for her
Original post by ReeceM1

i have the same issue swell, if i could i wouldn't wear such clothing but i live with my parent and have to abide by their rules
Reply 12
It's called social norms and we all have them, men and women.
So it's not unfair, you just need to grow up and realize everyone has problems, not just entitled snowflakes like you

The hijab and covering yourself modestly is like a commitment between you and god. No one can force you to wear the hijab, you must do it out of your own will. If you don't like wearing it... you know what to do. There are a lot of debates about what men can wear e.g cover up to ankles. ( Sorry if I sound like I'm attacking you and I have a great amount of respect for people who wear the hijabs with abaya). Btw I don't believe you need to cover your face with a veil but if people want to wear them let them. :biggrin:
Original post by 41b
Got a problem, convert :smile:

No why should I I'm muslim and proud
My mum will be upset if I do bless her she's even pushing me to wear the burqa because as she says just a hijab isn't enough for her

I understand how you feel, my own parents dislike me wearing 'revealing' clothes (t shirts lol) but they just have to accept it. Perhaps start off with loose fitting tees, paired with your long skirts, and keep your hair neat and tidy in a half up, half down style. That will still come off as modest
Traditional clothes in saudi arabia has the men covering up.

wear what you want
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Are you serious? Men also need to remain modest i.e wearing trousers up to their ankles.

That is a lie. Men have to cover the area between their knees and navel, that's it.

You don't have to wear it, you can still be Muslim, pray, follow the pillars of Islam and worship Allah, but do it your way.
(edited 7 years ago)
No why should I I'm muslim and proud

then you should have no problem wearing a hijab etc

Latest

Trending

Trending