The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brahmin of Booty
You don't have to wear it, you can still be Muslim, pray, follow the pillars of Islam and worship Allah, but do it your way.

This x100
You don't have to follow a discriminatory religion.
Reply 22
If you looked into the reasoning behind it and understood your religion, you wouldn't find it unfair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is not as easy as 'don't like it? don't do it'. Even if people wanted to they'd have nutty parents/relatives/communities pressuring them into things. )Nutty as in being far, far too controlling over someone else's life)
Original post by Serine Soul
This x100

Nobody is perfect, but she can still be a good person so there's no need for any guilt.
You deserve it for following such a idiotic and backward ideology.
Reply 26
Original post by HAnwar
If you looked into the reasoning behind it and understood your religion, you wouldn't find it unfair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This and there are several ways to keep yourself cool and covered :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Just had a moment today I went for a walk and as usual I was wearing my Hijab (head covering) and a long top which covers my arms and I had two layers of clothing two tops and a long skirt. It was so hot and what pisses me off is how Muslim Men can just wear shorts and a top only and flip flops how the ****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk is that fair ? I really want to enjoy the weather without being covered head to toe it's so hot.................How is it fair that Muslim Men have it so easy ????
It pissesssss me off, I saw some Muslim women in burqas like wth would you wear that???

Pretty sure you're trolling because the post is pretty weak...
But anyway, it's your choice so don't do it if you disagree. Take off your headscarf, wear shorts or whatever you want- everyone has their own interpretation of religion, you do your thing. And don't freaking ridicule other people's choice to wear a burqa just because you can't make your own decisions. lmao, thinking they're ridiculous for wearing a burqa in the sun when you're pretty much wearing the same thing. It's literally just a loose long sleeved top and skirt in one. :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some of you are too harsh
**** this website
Reply 30
Original post by Hashtosh302
thats a shame your muslim

What does this mean?
My mum will be upset if I do bless her she's even pushing me to wear the burqa because as she says just a hijab isn't enough for her

By the burka you mean she wants you to even cover your whole face?

:s
Just had a moment today I went for a walk and as usual I was wearing my Hijab (head covering) and a long top which covers my arms and I had two layers of clothing two tops and a long skirt. It was so hot and what pisses me off is how Muslim Men can just wear shorts and a top only and flip flops how the ****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk is that fair ? I really want to enjoy the weather without being covered head to toe it's so hot.................How is it fair that Muslim Men have it so easy ????
It pissesssss me off, I saw some Muslim women in burqas like wth would you wear that???

Your choice. :smile: If you don't wanna wear, then don't. Btw, men also gotta have to wear appropriate clothes. Not necessarily females..it's just society points out females more than males but both have to cover for modesty.
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
You don't have to wear it, you can still be Muslim, pray, follow the pillars of Islam and worship Allah, but do it your way.

Exactly. No one is forced to do anything in Islam.
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do tell us why this is fair. And don't just come up with some BS response about non-Muslims 'not understanding', actually tell us with real justification why women being forced to cover up whilst men are not is fair and not in any way misogynistic.

OP, you don't need to wear it if you don't want to. You're right, it is immensely unfair. But in the same vain, as you're "a Muslim and proud" and rejected the idea that someone else posed about converting, then we've identified the source of the problem: you appear to disagree with one of the tennants of an ideology that you refuse to leave, or even just personally adjust to suit your own beliefs. So you essentially have three options, which are to either leave the religion (which you don't appear to want to do), accept the religion in its entirety and simply live with the fact that Islam is unfair towards women, or to continue to pray and undertake whatever religious duties you wish to, but not undertaking those you personally disagree with, including this.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

So if I wore a t shirt and my arms were showing I don't understand what's so sexy about my arms that I have to cover it?
I totally get you, I wear the hijab as well, just try wearing thinner clothes and not as many layers, and guys do have to be modest as well but most feel like they can do whatever they want for some reason.
No why should I I'm muslim and proud

You're proud to be part of a religion that you're complaining is unfair to you?

I don't judge anyone for their beliefs, but you are only Muslim because you were raised as one. Had you been born into a Christian home you would have most likely been believing in Christianity. But look, I think your gut is telling you that they way you are being treated is wrong. Go do some research and weigh out the pros and cons of your religion and see if you still want to be part of it.

Your choice and like I said, its not really my business.
Original post by Sana_Akram
I totally get you, I wear the hijab as well, just try wearing thinner clothes and not as many layers, and guys do have to be modest as well but most feel like they can do whatever they want for some reason.

It's their attitude I don't like they want Women all covered up whilst at the same time they can choose to dress as they please

You were wearing two layers and two tops underneath? You might have felt cooler if you only had one top underneath.

Dont be so strictly dressed if you dont want to. It will make you go crazy in the long run.
A hijab and a normal dress should be fine. Otherwise just dress how you like and be happy.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending