The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Is it normal to feel like you've tanked all of your exams, retrospectively? :redface: I remember being confident after coming out of the exam hall, but now I just feel like my answers were inadequate and blunt, no nuance at all. :s-smilie: Looking at the mark schemes (and examiner's reports from previous years) doesn't reassure me much although I know I've included lots of information that features in the mark schemes...
Original post by Cadherin
That's even worse haha...

I know, I'll just see it on my lock screen on my phone exactly what my grades are...

For example: Caitlin 0... (student pin number at college) ACD

All in the sentence so it'll be visible as soon as you look :frown:((

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Is it normal to feel like you've tanked all of your exams, retrospectively? :redface: I remember being confident after coming out of the exam hall, but now I just feel like my answers were inadequate and blunt, no nuance at all. :s-smilie: Looking at the mark schemes (and examiner's reports from previous years) doesn't reassure me much although I know I've included lots of information that features in the mark schemes...

it's totally normal. i went from thinking i had a solid A* in the bag in physics unit 5 the day after the exam, to worrying if i've even scraped a C today...
Original post by tanyapotter
it's totally normal. i went from thinking i had a solid A* in the bag in physics unit 5 the day after the exam, to worrying if i've even scraped a C today...

Thank god. :redface: I've been so worried about this because I came out of politics relatively confident and now I'm checking the mark schemes (which pleasantly surprised me) but realising that my writing was a bit... Terrible tbh, I didn't really structure anything. :eek:
I guess this is just the result of crippling expectations playing on us... :ashamed:

Completely normal, as tension increases you feel you did worse and worse. I don't know why we do it, maybe to make ourselves not feel surprised if we do less well than we want. Usually however, on the day all this worrying ends up with a pleasant surprise!
I can feel the anticipation in this thread already... get ready for the explosion that will be the 17th, when the grade boundaries are released.
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/aug/13/my-results-spelled-out-end-10-stories-of-how-to-cope-with-disappointing-a-level-results

This may calm your mind down that even if you dont do well, it could be a blessing in disguise
Anyone else do Edexcel A2 History 'Britain and the Challenge of Facism - Saving Europe at a Cost'?

Did OCR bio and chem (f214/5 and f324/5) if people want to discuss these too
track froze
fuk
Original post by ninjass
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/aug/13/my-results-spelled-out-end-10-stories-of-how-to-cope-with-disappointing-a-level-results

This may calm your mind down that even if you dont do well, it could be a blessing in disguise

Interesting read! Thanks for sharing that. However, one the people reckon they got 4 A*'s and an A and Cambridge rejected him? (He had a conditional offer) - now I'm no Cambridge expert but I don't believe they give out a 5 A* conditional offer haha
Original post by DesignPredator
Completely normal, as tension increases you feel you did worse and worse. I don't know why we do it, maybe to make ourselves not feel surprised if we do less well than we want. Usually however, on the day all this worrying ends up with a pleasant surprise!

I'm less hopeful for a pleasant surprise at my end but I certainly hope I haven't done as badly as I presume to be the case atm. :lol: I guess it's reassuring - though unfortunate - to know lots of other students feel the same. :redface:
Original post by Sacred Ground
Interesting read! Thanks for sharing that. However, one the people reckon they got 4 A*'s and an A and Cambridge rejected him? (He had a conditional offer) - now I'm no Cambridge expert but I don't believe they give out a 5 A* conditional offer haha

he probably missed a STEP offer
I'm less hopeful for a pleasant surprise at my end but I certainly hope I haven't done as badly as I presume to be the case atm. :lol: I guess it's reassuring - though unfortunate - to know lots of other students feel the same. :redface:

How worried were you about AS, and did things go well in the end then?
he probably missed a STEP offer

His insurance rejected him too though lol
His insurance rejected him too though lol

again, he probably missed another STEP offer. firming cambridge and insuring imperial/warwick is not uncommon for the best mathematicians in the country, which im guessing was his course
I took my AS exams in biology, chemistry, psychology and Spanish
I was predicted BBBA respectively, let's see what I get in 6 days! I think I'm going to get ACBA based on how I felt the exams went but who knows!
image.jpeg
Original post by SeanFM
How worried were you about AS, and did things go well in the end then?

I didn't worry about AS as much, I think :s-smilie: - idk I can't remember as far back as yesterday how can I remember my AS levels :bawling:
again, he probably missed another STEP offer. firming cambridge and insuring imperial/warwick is not uncommon for the best mathematicians in the country, which im guessing was his course

It's his own silly fault for picking a firm / insurance with near identical entry requirements then
It's his own silly fault for picking a firm / insurance with near identical entry requirements then

why go anywhere else other than cambridge/imperial/warwick for maths if you're capable of getting A*A*A*A*A at a-level tho

Quick Reply

Latest