The Student Room Group

PETA at it again.

About damn time I say, those Cochineal beetles deserve recompense for Carmine/cochineal red! It's their trademark...
I love PETA just because of the fact they floured Kim kardashian xD
Reply 3
Original post by Mathemagicien
Humans > uncivilised beasts

How hard is that for PETA to understand?

I am afraid the ">" operation is undefined when comparing living beings. What does it mean that humans > animals?
Oh dear
Reply 5

I'd have thought to argue the case the monkey would have to address the court? :smile:

It's not always easy to tell the difference in town on a Friday night.
Lets analyse your second sentence. "What does it mean that humans > animals?"

Apparently, ">" is undefined. So that leaves us with the question of "how should I deal with the section '> animals?'?".

Clearly, since it is undefined, I cannot parse ">", and thus I crash while reading the "> animals" section, so I return an error.

Error 413: Undefined operations in string, cannot parse

You're writing invisible again

*Oh deer :wink:
I'd quite like to try venison someday
PETA really are pathetic.
Reminds me of "my gym partner is a monkey"
We're being pedants are we? Okay, I'll try it too.

Apparently, ">" is undefined. So that leaves us with the question of "how should I deal with the section '> animals?'?".

Clearly, since ">" is undefined, I cannot parse ">", and thus I crash while reading the "> animals" section, so I return an error.

This is even ignoring the fact that you did not specify what you meant by "it".

I didn't mean it that way :biggrin: I meant to ask what do you mean by humans are better or greater than beasts? Do you mean smarter? Or do you mean that we have more rights? What do you mean?
Original post by oShahpo
I am afraid the ">" operation is undefined when comparing living beings. What does it mean that humans > animals?

Means monkeys don't need copyright laws.
We're being pedants are we? Okay, I'll try it too.

Clearly, since ">" is undefined, I cannot parse ">", and thus I crash while reading the "> animals" section, so I return an error.

This is even ignoring the fact that you did not specify what you meant by "it".

He's question actually had some weight to it, and was just asked in a stylised way, your answer was insanely pedantic and pretentious. Is there any particular reason to believe an animal is worth more than a human, outside of intrinsic, subjective morality?

Also, PETA do a lot of good work, lets not lose sight of that.
(edited 7 years ago)
wtf is a monkey gonna do with a copyright anyway?

This is ridiculous, I'm no zoologist but whilst I realise that monkeys in general are quite intelligent I doubt that intelligence extends to comprehending the nuances of copyright law. This is really a non argument on the part of PETA.
There are very few reasons to believe an animal is worth more than a human.

Oddly, you seem against "intrinsic, subjective morality", but let me remind you that ethics are also subjective, and PETA stands for "People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals".

" Against " it is the wrong word. It's more like I " Accept it ".
My own personal belief is that people are more important than animals, but I accept that my version of morality isn't " Right ".
Reply 16
What the **** :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending