The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I didn't worry about AS as much, I think :s-smilie: - idk I can't remember as far back as yesterday how can I remember my AS levels :bawling:

I get it, this year is different I guess. You really need something to fill up your time :tongue: there's not that long to go. :rofl: if you want I can send you over an entire book series I like, it'll keep you occupied for like years :yep: but really, summer isn't over yet, find summat to do ya know. The beach is nice :wink:
Original post by tanyapotter
why go anywhere else other than cambridge/imperial/warwick for maths if you're capable of getting A*A*A*A*A at a-level tho

But he got rejected tjough? Hence he's obviously not capable of studying there
Original post by Sacred Ground

Yes for the top unis for maths you need to do well in step thats the best indicator of how well youll do in a math degree. A levels cant compensate for a bad stepnperformance
Original post by Sacred Ground

he probably was capable, just had a bad day with STEP. looks like he's doing fine now anyway, which was the whole point of the article
Original post by SeanFM
I get it, this year is different I guess. You really need something to fill up your time :tongue: there's not that long to go. :rofl: if you want I can send you over an entire book series I like, it'll keep you occupied for like years :yep: but really, summer isn't over yet, find summat to do ya know.

Okayyyyyy I'll find something to do... :hmmm: Something which isn't reading - I'll watch modern family, I started it but never finished. :nope:

The beach is nice :wink:

NOnonoNonONONONOnonoNO. :slap:
Okayyyyyy I'll find something to do... :hmmm: Something which isn't reading - I'll watch modern family, I started it but never finished. :nope:

NOnonoNonONONONOnonoNO. :slap:

I understand, you'll probably get bored of reading stuff after semester 1 week 1 :lol: yesssss. Omg. It is literally life changing.. at least for me it was :colondollar: how far in are you? If I remember correctly the first season or two aren't great but it picks up from there.

:toofunny:
So bored of waiting, but I'm so scared to find out my results... trying to find the middle ground but struggling 😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm reading the new Harry Potter play to pass the time...anyone else read it?

It's not great...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3708
In the off chance that I get rejected but actually achieved my offer do I call up the uni and correct them or is it too late?
Original post by SeanFM
I understand, you'll probably get bored of reading stuff after semester 1 week 1 :lol: yesssss. Omg. It is literally life changing.. at least for me it was :colondollar: how far in are you? If I remember correctly the first season or two aren't great but it picks up from there.

:toofunny:

I'm already bored of reading. :emo:

Season one... Erm, probably 7-ish episodes, or more, I watched them absent mindedly bc they were a bit boring :erm: I heard it gets better so I was willing to endure how painfully mediocre the episodes were. :erm: Life changing? :rofl: Can I skip the first two seasons? :beard:
Original post by Aph
In the off chance that I get rejected but actually achieved my offer do I call up the uni and correct them or is it too late?

You should definitely call them
Original post by Nahimjustaworm

It's not great...

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's pretty damn appalling. i wanna change my username and everything
Original post by Nahimjustaworm

It's not great...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and yes I really liked it. I think what most people aren't used to is the form it's in and because of it, it doesn't offer a lot of description and character development as such because it's meant to be seen and spoken aloud as opposed to read internally.

I really did enjoy it though, and I have tickets to see it ahhh can't wait!!
Reply 3713
Original post by ninjass
You should definitely call them

Yeah, that's what I thought but I wouldn't want to embarrass myself by misunderstanding my offer thinking I should've been accepted but shouldn't (not that it's too complicated)
Original post by tanyapotter
it's pretty damn appalling. i wanna change my username and everything

I thought it was MENT to be good?
I'm already bored of reading. :emo:

Season one... Erm, probably 7-ish episodes, or more, I watched them absent mindedly bc they were a bit boring :erm: I heard it gets better so I was willing to endure how painfully mediocre the episodes were. :erm: Life changing? :rofl: Can I skip the first two seasons? :beard:

Should have done a maths degree :lol: (just kidding, there is more reading than you think... :frown: but not as much as other degrees :tongue:) yeah I don't blame you, not sure where I'd skip to though.. maybe try season 2 episode 1 and see how it goes, but you can probably skip it and learn stuff about the characters (which helps for the jokes to a certain extent) as you go.

... I think I'm hyping it up too much :colondollar:
Original post by Aph
Yeah, that's what I thought but I wouldn't want to embarrass myself by misunderstanding my offer thinking I should've been accepted but shouldn't (not that it's too complicated)

I thought it was MENT to be good?

i got too sick of it to finish it - maybe it gets good. i'm so far not impressed, however
all the rumours about it reading like a bad fanfiction: believe them
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lularose83
I'm actually really scared about my EPQ result as well 😥

Did you not get told your result? I got 58/60 pre-moderation apparently... :biggrin:
Does your school take the EPQ seriously? I knew a few people that plagiarised basically 3/4ths of their dissertation and got an A when we did it first year lmao:biggrin:.
Idek if the exam board take it seriously if they didn't run it through a plagiarism check
Original post by JMACM98
What are people's plans if results day goes badly and you're rejected? Clearing? Gap year?

in all serious probably find a bridge or some rope
Original post by Number Nine
in all serious probably find a bridge or some rope

Don't forget to mention ur exam boards in the suicide note lol

Quick Reply

Latest