The Student Room Group

Need movie recommendations plz:)

Am dying of boredom atm bc my summer holiday is going really badly so I decided to watch movies.However idk what to watch.Recommendations would be really helpful thx:smile:

Am into animation,action,adventure,fantasy and sci-fi:smile:
And no love movies please.I can't stand sob stories:smile:
And it would be really kind of you to post/link the trailers(you don't have to)

:smile:thx
Original post by tamil fever
x

Fantasy, action, adventure and animation (sort of) all in one. It's as if the Japanese Robin Hood was filmed like 300.

If you can't handle subtitles then try this:
Reply 3
Event Horizon or Outpost I/II
The Maze Runner, Divergent, Jump Street films.
Original post by tamil fever
Am dying of boredom atm bc my summer holiday is going really badly so I decided to watch movies.However idk what to watch.Recommendations would be really helpful thx:smile:

Am into animation,action,adventure,fantasy and sci-fi:smile:
And no love movies please.I can't stand sob stories:smile:
And it would be really kind of you to post/link the trailers(you don't have to)

:smile:thx

American beauty, american history x, requiem for a dream, shawshank redemption, the dark knight, fight cluv, LOTR trilogy, the matrix, pulp fiction, the grand budapest hotel, goodfellas, the silence of the lambs, se7en, the usual suspects, leon, the green mile, interstellar, gladiator, memento, the prestige, dhango unchained, resevoir dogs, a seperation, the sixth sense, v for vendetta, shutter island, 12 years a slave, donnie darko, the martian, prisoners, imitation game, catch me if you can, moonrise kingdom, barfi

I've watched all these movies and I would rate them all out of 10/10.
Original post by Light is Justice
American beauty, american history x, requiem for a dream, shawshank redemption, the dark knight, fight cluv, LOTR trilogy, the matrix, pulp fiction, the grand budapest hotel, goodfellas, the silence of the lambs, se7en, the usual suspects, leon, the green mile, interstellar, gladiator, memento, the prestige, dhango unchained, resevoir dogs, a seperation, the sixth sense, v for vendetta, shutter island, 12 years a slave, donnie darko, the martian, prisoners, imitation game, catch me if you can, moonrise kingdom, barfi

I've watched all these movies and I would rate them all out of 10/10.

You put in only one bollywood movie......and out of the ton loads of movies in Bollywood........you find just Barfi?

Barfi??!

Really?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dhanny
You put in only one bollywood movie......and out of the ton loads of movies in Bollywood........you find just Barfi?

Barfi??!

Really?

Posted from TSR Mobile

lot of bollywood movies are cultural and don't have western appeal unlike barfi, I've watchesd loads of bollywood movies like fanaa, munna bhai etc
Serenity is great for a sci-fi / action fix and if you enjoy it there is a TV show with the same cast called Firefly.
Reply 9
Original post by Dhanny

Barfi??!

Really?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You didn't like Barfi? How come? :s-smilie:

Original post by Light is Justice
lot of bollywood movies are cultural and don't have western appeal unlike barfi, I've watchesd loads of bollywood movies like fanaa, munna bhai etc

I think you'd have a difficult time finding a Hindi movie that doesn't embody Indian culture in some way. They all need to have something to appeal to the audiences they're aiming for. The ones that seem to have most Western appeal are the ones aimed at the NRI market and that are filmed in the West. Look at My Name Is Khan, DDLJ, KKKG, London Dreams, Namastey London, Salaam E Ishq, Love Aaj Kal etc.
Original post by SeanFM
The Maze Runner

Two thumbs waaay waaay up
Ballers 👍🏼
Suicide Squad
Focus
Bad Neighbours
Fast & Furious 7
The Good Dinosaur is really cute!
Ex Machina
Don't watch the trailer, gives far too much away, it's awesome though
Harry Potter movies