The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A positive of me missing my offer is that I won't have to see that ugly pic I sent to Newnham of myself ever again
Reply 2521
Original post by Serine Soul
A positive of me missing my offer is that I won't have to see that ugly pic I sent to Newnham of myself ever again

I remember the sinking feeling when I realised the SAQ picture would be on my student card...
Original post by alow
I remember the sinking feeling when I realised the SAQ picture would be on my student card...

I don't even know what's worse. I took a pic at my insurance for a temporary library card and my friends are telling me that goes on my ID.
At least in the SAQ pic my eyes look the same size.

Lol! I literally took a little selfie from my sitting room, didn't realise its significance

hahaha XD Stealing my rep :wink:
Original post by newblood
You cant say that. They may well have got 1,2. The Alevel results will not sway their decisions on missed offers or summer pool spots. Essentially everyone who misses their offer does because of step and very many get 3,4,5 or even 6 A*s

Then theres me.
A*A*BB after 3yrs of a levels.
Im a ****ing retard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If only I had known that they use it for your ID card...
Original post by alow

well thank **** im not going to cambridge coz i look like an actual terrorist in that pic
Original post by Student403
well thank **** im not going to cambridge coz i look like an actual terrorist in that pic

at least you don't look like a 12 year old
Original post by physicsmaths
Then theres me.
A*A*BB after 3yrs of a levels.
Im a ****ing retard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aint here to disagree broski
Original post by Medic_12345
Lol! I literally took a little selfie from my sitting room, didn't realise its significance

I took it in my bathroom lel
Original post by EnglishMuon
hahaha XD Stealing my rep :wink:

:tongue:
Original post by Insight314
at least you don't look like a 12 year old

:lol:

The only positive with the SAQ/Camcard photo (and my photo is horrific) is that nobody knew and so it's not like everyone else has a nice photo and you are the only one with a bad one.
Anyone have any idea what sort of work they might set for Medicine if results go alright?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by otherdan
Anyone have any idea what sort of work they might set for Medicine if results go alright?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wasn't even aware they would set work... >.< Assumed they would let us enjoy the summer
That is true. They could have gotten anywhere from 2,2 downards.

My point is that many (hundreds) will have excellent alevels, all A*s, and missed their offers due to STEP but it doesnt mean they obtained a terrible score.

Sadly, the Alevel grades are practically negligible at this stage, only carrying importance if they have been missed

Thanks for that last part appreciate it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wasn't even aware they would set work... >.< Assumed they would let us enjoy the summer

Oh yh another positive of missing my offer is that I don't have to do that work I was set

Got two so far, looking for more
Original post by physicsmaths
Thanks for that last part appreciate it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

im here to help (and impart guidance and wisdom)
Oh yh another positive of missing my offer is that I don't have to do that work I was set

Got two so far, looking for more

Cambridge could potentially be a boring place to live for 3 (maybe more) years..
All I could come up with

(hopefully you'll make it and this was not needed) :smile:
im here to help (and impart guidance and wisdom)

Keep you wisdom and truth to urself bruv.
All i need rn is false hope that i will get in with my 240 UCAS points.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cambridge could potentially be a boring place to live for 3 (maybe more) years..
All I could come up with

(hopefully you'll make it and this was not needed) :smile:

That's true, and my brain might explode with all that work

And, Lamebridge is for losers

(The closer we get to results, the worse I think I've done :redface: )

Latest

Trending

Trending