The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by inhuman
I spoke nothing but the truth.

The fact that the only comeback you have is to attack me instead of making rational points against my argument says enough.
Reply 81
Original post by GUMI
The fact that the only comeback you have is to attack me instead of making rational points against my argument says enough.

I answered in my second reply to you.

If you don't acknowledge that and continue saying nonsense, then yea, I will attack you personally.
Imagine wearing a burqa in like 40°C temperature :eek:
Wow.

I have always wondered how Muslim women cope.

I feel for you but in all seriousness, your parents should understand and comprehend that its way to hot for a black covering head to top.
Original post by Lord Samosa
**** this website

Look, a lot of people simply do not like Islam and its teachings, and I understand that you as a Muslim may find this offensive, but in the end, I bet you a 100 pounds that 99% of people on this forum have absolutely nothing against the majority of Muslims.
It's okay to have your beliefs criticised, you should look at such criticism with an open heart, because it will either derail you from what you believe, or it will strengthen your beliefs. In the end, this is just the internet, where you can very, very easily stay away from things that might offend you.
Original post by WhereIsTheLove??
Allah's words to cover up were aimed at the Prophet's wives at a time when covering yourself was a means of protection. Nowadays sadly dressing in an "Islamic way" would not protect you but instead single you out!
All the Quran asks for is modesty which is pretty subjective. Its about dressing for only yourself and not trying to sell your looks to others. For me modesty is covering my legs and not having a neckline that exposes.... to much.
I dont think showing hair has the same connotations that it had at the time Islam came about, so I personally dont think covering it is necessary.
But hey ho do what you believe is right.

It was aimed at the believing Women in there

“O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments {jilbab} over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”[4]

And this one
“O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments {jilbab} over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”[4]
Original post by WhereIsTheLove??
Allah's words to cover up were aimed at the Prophet's wives at a time when covering yourself was a means of protection. Nowadays sadly dressing in an "Islamic way" would not protect you but instead single you out!
All the Quran asks for is modesty which is pretty subjective. Its about dressing for only yourself and not trying to sell your looks to others. For me modesty is covering my legs and not having a neckline that exposes.... to much.
I dont think showing hair has the same connotations that it had at the time Islam came about, so I personally dont think covering it is necessary.
But hey ho do what you believe is right.

It was aimed at the believing Women in there

And this one
“O ye who believe! Enter not the Prophet’s house, - until leave is given to you, - for a meal, (and then) not (so early as) to wait for its preparation: but when ye are invited, enter; and when ye have taken your meal, disperse, without seeking familiar talk. Such (behaviour) annoys the Prophet: he is ashamed to dismiss you, but Allah is not ashamed (to tell you) the truth.
And when ye ask (his ladies) for anything ye want, ask them from before a screen {hijab}: that makes for greater purity for your hearts and theirs. Nor is it right for you that ye should annoy Allah’s Apostle, or that ye should marry his widows after him at any time. Truly such a thing is in Allah’s sight an enormity.”[3]
Original post by oShahpo
Look, a lot of people simply do not like Islam and its teachings, and I understand that you as a Muslim may find this offensive, but in the end, I bet you a 100 pounds that 99% of people on this forum have absolutely nothing against the majority of Muslims.
It's okay to have your beliefs criticised, you should look at such criticism with an open heart, because it will either derail you from what you believe, or it will strengthen your beliefs. In the end, this is just the internet, where you can very, very easily stay away from things that might offend you.

If it was halal and if there was an objective way of proving this, I would happily take that bet.
Have you tried wearing light colours (white especially) as these tend to reflect the heat more. Oh and cotton in the summer will help keep you cool too. Try a cotton hijab in a light colour as I'm guessing your hot gets hottest during the day?
Really though, you don't have to wear it. Give it some thought though first.
Original post by oShahpo

Exactly, this is why I'm done with this website and the bigots on here.
Original post by Lord Samosa
Exactly, this is why I'm done with this website and the bigots on here.

You don't needs to stay away from the website, you can always ignore the religious threads. I mean, if you started abandoning websites because of offensive comments, I am pretty sure the only website you'll be visiting is this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies
post this on ummah.com not tsr.
Original post by oShahpo
You don't needs to stay away from the website, you can always ignore the religious threads. I mean, if you started abandoning websites because of offensive comments, I am pretty sure the only website you'll be visiting is this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies

I've been on here for a while, and it's seriously gone to ****. This is the last I'm talking about this subject.
Original post by Cobalt_
This is the "dumbest" comment ever.

You dont just leave Islam. You cant simply just wake up and leave Islam one day because you've decided to "Grow a pair". There are so many factors you havent considered.

Once you've been indoctrinated into a belief, it takes a lot more than one verse or one idea to change your entire view on the world. It took me a good three years to go from a religious muslim to someone who describes themselves as an atheist.

In most cases leaving Islam means leaving ALL your family/friends. Its a choice between choosing your beliefs and therefore getting disowned by most people you love. A choice in which you need to be financially stable in case (highly likely from what ive seen) you become homeless. Do you know how many lives ive seen been ruined because they decided to leave Islam, students which have been forced to leave university because they cant afford it no more after being left alone by their families after leaving Islam.

Leaving Islam is a hard, long and unfortunately leads to a lot of problems with love ones.

Sincerely,
An Ex Muslim.

Then she should stop complaining about wearing the extra clothing. That is like having your cake, eating it, and then saying you are above cake and want to completely change it. If your friends/families disown you because of your beliefs (especially in the west) than they weren't very good supporters to begin with and you should tell them to get lost.
Original post by Angry Bird
post this on ummah.com not tsr.

That place is full of nutters
Original post by Anonymous
That place is full of nutters

you aren't gonna get a good answer to your question cos this place is full of haters
Original post by Cobalt_
This is the "dumbest" comment ever.

You dont just leave Islam. You cant simply just wake up and leave Islam one day because you've decided to "Grow a pair". There are so many factors you havent considered.

Once you've been indoctrinated into a belief, it takes a lot more than one verse or one idea to change your entire view on the world. It took me a good three years to go from a religious muslim to someone who describes themselves as an atheist.

In most cases leaving Islam means leaving ALL your family/friends. Its a choice between choosing your beliefs and therefore getting disowned by most people you love. A choice in which you need to be financially stable in case (highly likely from what ive seen) you become homeless. Do you know how many lives ive seen been ruined because they decided to leave Islam, students which have been forced to leave university because they cant afford it no more after being left alone by their families after leaving Islam.

Leaving Islam is a hard, long and unfortunately leads to a lot of problems with love ones.

Sincerely,
An Ex Muslim.

Wow. What kind of parents abandon their own offspring simply because they have left their religion? Surely , just out of instinct, you stick by your kids through thick and thin whatever they do? And yet how often do we hear how "perfect" Islam is? How "Only Muslims" are following the most perfect religion ? If Muslims, who are supposedly following the "perfect" religion believe that religion makes them turn their backs on their children forever more for leaving said religion i'd say those people have been brainwashed into believing something not perfect, but something cult-like and wicked. Jesus said "Beware the false prophets, who are wolves dressed in sheep's clothing".
Then remove the hijab as it isn't compulsory in Islam. You can still be a Muslim and wear completely normal clothes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by oShahpo

While you're correct about most of this, I wouldn't put it at 99% with some of the threads and posts that I've seen.
Original post by lucabrasi98
What's the point of following a religion when you're picking and choosing which rules to ignore.

I'd just become atheist. Either that or continue believing in whatever god but not label myself as muslim.

the Qur'an doesn't say you have to wear a hijab or burka.*

Latest

Trending

Trending