The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gladiatorsword
We're all prospective or first year university students. No one on here is a investment banker

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can vouch for the above user ^^ he really is an IB :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have noticed that for CS only IB and Technology (IT) divisions are open for Spring Insight. Will more open later on (for example Finance) or will it be only those 2?
Original post by magicaorso95
I have noticed that for CS only IB and Technology (IT) divisions are open for Spring Insight. Will more open later on (for example Finance) or will it be only those 2?

Those are the only two.

IB one is generalist FO

IT one is all of BO/MO

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2
I can vouch for the above user ^^ he really is an IB :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Princepieman. Yeah he's my protoge
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Princepieman. Yeah he's my protoge

Nah, gr8wiz is who he meant aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 285
Original post by Princepieman
bruh, swear I answered these for you last year

1st of a three year course or 2nd of a four year, or third of a five year etc

It's specifically for UGs

Yes, do a search and find some yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the nice reply :smile:
Everywhere bar GS/Nomura/JPM/BP/BNP, Barclay's I'm unsure of.

Posted from TSR Mobile

May I rephrase my question?

Do you know which banks do numerical tests as part of their admission process? Thanks.
Original post by Adrono
May I rephrase my question?

Do you know which banks do numerical tests as part of their admission process? Thanks.

Answered it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah alright. I had read somewhere that some banks don't do numerical but only verbal-reasoning (for example) types of test.
Original post by Adrono
Ah alright. I had read somewhere that some banks don't do numerical but only verbal-reasoning (for example) types of test.

That is incorrect. Most banks that do tests will have numericals only or a mix of numerical + logical + verbal, the ones I said above have no tests whatsoever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know of any website/app which lets you know of finance related events in London?
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Does anyone know of any website/app which lets you know of finance related events in London?

Finance related? How do you mean?

Surely just keeping up with the various firms' websites should be enough..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finance related? How do you mean?

Surely just keeping up with the various firms' websites should be enough..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I keep up with firms' websites but there's like 20+ of them plus unis hold campus events - last year I missed LSE SU's conference's deadline by a couple days. It's really hard to keep up!
I keep up with firms' websites but there's like 20+ of them plus unis hold campus events - last year I missed LSE SU's conference's deadline by a couple days. It's really hard to keep up!

Yeah, unfortunately there isn't a site that complies events - unless you want to make one? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, unfortunately there isn't a site that complies events - unless you want to make one? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eventbrite has all of them I see :/ Oh well guess we'll have to think further for another start-up
Eventbrite has all of them I see :/ Oh well guess we'll have to think further for another start-up

Darn, would have pitched in too :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Darn, would have pitched in too :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

They have a site but not an app. :wink:
Reply 297
Have people already sent off some apps? Or are you waiting for a level results first?
Nah, gr8wiz is who he meant aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly, if you don't end up as an IB I'll lose all hope for myself😂 you're literally the perfect example of a future IB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rkai01
Have people already sent off some apps? Or are you waiting for a level results first?

Yes but because I'm a second year on a 4 year course. Definitely wait.
Applied to 3 firms