The Student Room Group

regret.

I've been reading many discussions on here, i originally planned to apply to Aston University for psychology, but was taken back since the requirements were quite high (AAB-ABB), after reading the discussions on here, i can see that people can still get in with BBB. Really regret not applying now :frown: sucks.
Don't be regretful! There is always a small chance that the course will be in clearing and also, it isn't often that accept grades below the threshold. I believe everything happens for a reason, perhaps you'll find yourself really enjoying your time at a different uni!
Original post by Carmenleeoxo
I've been reading many discussions on here, i originally planned to apply to Aston University for psychology, but was taken back since the requirements were quite high (AAB-ABB), after reading the discussions on here, i can see that people can still get in with BBB. Really regret not applying now :frown: sucks.

Hey don't worry, you could go through adjustment and stil get in, or they may have clearing places on results day

Hi,

You should indeed be able to go through either adjustment or clearing on Thursday if your grades meet our entry requirements. Which route you go through will depend on your grade, you'll need to overshoot the grades of your conditional firm offer to be eligible for adjustment.*

Also, i got in with a BBB on the same Psychology course, so if you have any questions just give me a shout.

Good luck on Thursday

Josh*
Reply 4

Another option is if you exceed your current Firm Offer then you can apply via Adjustment instead of Clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aston University
Hi,

You should indeed be able to go through either adjustment or clearing on Thursday if your grades meet our entry requirements. Which route you go through will depend on your grade, you'll need to overshoot the grades of your conditional firm offer to be eligible for adjustment.*

Also, i got in with a BBB on the same Psychology course, so if you have any questions just give me a shout.

Good luck on Thursday

Josh*

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply. I went on the Aston uni website to check on the clearing vacancies today, unfortunately Psychology course is not on the list no more, But there is psychology and sociology course, do you think its similar? and do you think its worth still ringing Aston University in the morning to see if psychology is available?
Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply. I went on the Aston uni website to check on the clearing vacancies today, unfortunately Psychology course is not on the list no more, But there is psychology and sociology course, do you think its similar? and do you think its worth still ringing Aston University in the morning to see if psychology is available?

Hi,

Unfortunately if a course is not listed in our vacancies it will remain full for the duration of the clearing period, however keep an eye on things tomorrow.

In regards to Psychology and Sociology, half of the course is based in Psychology and half in Sociology. If you've never studied any Sociology it's similar to Psychology but focuses on the behaviour of Institutions, Societal Structures and Demographics of people, rather than the individual.

I took a number of Sociology modules during my time and found myself becoming really engaged in it, sometimes enjoying it more than the Psychology side of my degree.

Ultimately you'll have to make this decision yourself, whether the sheer subject content is more or less important than the university you attend and any additional services or bolt-ons to the degree they may offer.

Best of luck tomorrow, i'll be back on here bright and early, if you want to chat more. :smile:

Josh
Hi,

Unfortunately if a course is not listed in our vacancies it will remain full for the duration of the clearing period, however keep an eye on things tomorrow.

In regards to Psychology and Sociology, half of the course is based in Psychology and half in Sociology. If you've never studied any Sociology it's similar to Psychology but focuses on the behaviour of Institutions, Societal Structures and Demographics of people, rather than the individual.

I took a number of Sociology modules during my time and found myself becoming really engaged in it, sometimes enjoying it more than the Psychology side of my degree.

Ultimately you'll have to make this decision yourself, whether the sheer subject content is more or less important than the university you attend and any additional services or bolt-ons to the degree they may offer.

Best of luck tomorrow, i'll be back on here bright and early, if you want to chat more. :smile:

Josh

Hello Josh,

Again, thank you so much for the fast reply, i really do want to get into Aston University, and i am willing t give the course a go, thank you so much for explaining and helping me :smile: quick question, would i have to ring up my firm university choice, telling them i want to go through clearing, or shall i ring up Aston's hotline asking them if the vacancy for that course is available first?

I'm just worried that by the time my uni gives me my Clearing code, someone else would have taken my place XD.

Thanks again!!!
Hello Josh,

Again, thank you so much for the fast reply, i really do want to get into Aston University, and i am willing t give the course a go, thank you so much for explaining and helping me :smile: quick question, would i have to ring up my firm university choice, telling them i want to go through clearing, or shall i ring up Aston's hotline asking them if the vacancy for that course is available first?

I'm just worried that by the time my uni gives me my Clearing code, someone else would have taken my place XD.

Thanks again!!!

Hi,

There will be two paths you can go, it will depend on your grades in a few hours. If you exceed the offer from your firm choice university you can adjust through UCAS, this gives you a safety net as you won't need to be released.

If you're not eligible for adjustment you'll need to get released from both your firm and insurance choice universities, ringing through to their clearing lines and asking to be released. I would ring our clearing hotline to register an interest with us before doing so and attempt to secure a verbal offer before being released.

Good luck!

More information is available on UCAS: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/adjustment-%E2%80%93-if-you%E2%80%99ve-done-better-expected

Josh
Hope it goes well. *If your results are good and you really want to,go to Aston then you could take a gap year and reapply?*

What did you get?

Hi there,

I am sorry to here you haven't got into the university of your choice, but don't worry there will be a lot of psychology courses available in clearing.

We still have a couple of places left on our psychology course, so if you wanted to check out the course you can find more information here.

If you just want to speak to a member of the clearing team for some specific advice or if you would like to apply for the psychology course you can call us on 03330 432 414 or you can chat to us online using our Live Chat system.

Good luck,
Jack
University of Gloucestershire
Original post by LPauling
What did you get?

BBCC ;-;
Hi,

There will be two paths you can go, it will depend on your grades in a few hours. If you exceed the offer from your firm choice university you can adjust through UCAS, this gives you a safety net as you won't need to be released.

If you're not eligible for adjustment you'll need to get released from both your firm and insurance choice universities, ringing through to their clearing lines and asking to be released. I would ring our clearing hotline to register an interest with us before doing so and attempt to secure a verbal offer before being released.

Good luck!

More information is available on UCAS: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/adjustment-%E2%80%93-if-you%E2%80%99ve-done-better-expected

Josh

Hello Josh,

Unfortunately when I rang up aston university, they was unable to give a verbal offer since I wasn't in clearing, I didn't want to risk my firm choice, so I didn't get the place at Aston.
Anyway thanks for the help, and good luck with psychology :smile:

Why not check out University of East London? The Psychology degree is one of the best in London with a 90% student satisfaction in Forensic Psychology. The course is also part of clearing so I'm sure if you give them a call they'll provide you with more information 020 8223 3280. Hope this helps and all the best! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending