The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sup gang. Received 2 of my grades 2 days ago as I did CIE Geography and French, got to wait till the 25th for my other 8. I ended up with 2 A*'s, and I messed up the coursework in geog so I have no idea how I got that lol. I kept refreshing the page just to make sure haha. But let me tell you I was absolutely *****ing myself when I opened them, I thought I would be ok but I really was not lol. No point worrying about the 25th now, just enjoy ur summer and let future you worry about that:smile:
Original post by AdeptDz
I enjoy my economics summer task, cuz it allows me to research brexot and immigration.. But I've only done 600/1000

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's your economics summer task? I was only made to read a few books and answer a sheet of questions.

What is it I'm looking at?
Original post by AdeptDz
Depends where you study tbh, you can do English and maths along side your a-levels so you have less time and you need to revise for it but some sixth forms may not accept you without a c in English and maths (don't mean to scare you just being truthful) I think colleges are more lenient but I don't know

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'v chose English Language A Level so if I do fail my English Language I will be doing resit GCSE instead of A Level?
Original post by AceOfSpade
Firstly you basically copied me. Secondly I'm not really sure if my medicine is for me but I keep being pushed towards it #MedicineIsItForMe? Why do you wanna be an investment banker and have you done any work experience yet?

Naa 😂 medicine just seems so long, I do enjoy it but I cbb for so much competition and time which is hard to find a job (from what I've seen and heard)

I've always wanted to work In a bank since like year 5 (when I got gifted and talented in maths I don't know why I'm like anyone else) so I just associated banks with maths, so that was my goal... Then frok like year 7-11 this didn't really change but I didn't really care about school or the future, but after exams I realised I'm getting close to uni I should start thinking (as my brother is it year 13 and he don't know what he wants to do and is panicking) so I wanted to be sure and stress tree so In the summer I Startrd researching banking and came across investment banking and yh I chose this, and then since then I've been motivated to work, before I'd never revise now I'm revising on the holidays so yeah it was good and I've just been researching it a lot and asking questions so I can learn more :smile:
And no, I've only worked in a nursery? But I'm going to try get some experience on a bank this year

I wrote a book basically

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ak143244
I'v chose English Language A Level so if I do fail my English Language I will be doing resit GCSE instead of A Level?

No I think you do them both at same time and English exam at November

Posted from TSR Mobile
@AdeptDz and @AceOfSpade love the sexual tension between you two.
What's your economics summer task? I was only made to read a few books and answer a sheet of questions.

It's a 1000 word essay on something like :
How does immigration affect the UK economy (positives and negative)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz
No I think you do them both at same time and English exam at November

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay. Thanks!
Original post by caitlinford3
What is it I'm looking at?

"(13 days...)"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz

oh bloody hell enough of that !
Original post by sahil19

I think all those hours of watching Man U has rotted your mind and made you lose your sense of judgement:tongue:
Original post by sahil19

"sexual" 😂 didn't even know ace was a girl, if he/she is

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think all those hours of watching Man U has rotted your mind and made you lose your sense of judgement:tongue:

:dry:

I agree 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz
Naa 😂 medicine just seems so long, I do enjoy it but I cbb for so much competition and time which is hard to find a job (from what I've seen and heard)

I've always wanted to work In a bank since like year 5 (when I got gifted and talented in maths I don't know why I'm like anyone else) so I just associated banks with maths, so that was my goal... Then frok like year 7-11 this didn't really change but I didn't really care about school or the future, but after exams I realised I'm getting close to uni I should start thinking (as my brother is it year 13 and he don't know what he wants to do and is panicking) so I wanted to be sure and stress tree so In the summer I Startrd researching banking and came across investment banking and yh I chose this, and then since then I've been motivated to work, before I'd never revise now I'm revising on the holidays so yeah it was good and I've just been researching it a lot and asking questions so I can learn more :smile:
And no, I've only worked in a nursery? But I'm going to try get some experience on a bank this year

I wrote a book basically

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow you've done actual work this holiday! Writing a damn essay.. too much work for the summer. I had work experience last week at MUFG, an investment bank, some parts were a bit tedious but other than that it was AMAZING. We got to do job shadowing and visit Bloomberg and use their software to observe stocks live. It was awesome!
Original post by AdeptDz
"sexual" 😂 didn't even know ace was a girl, if he/she is

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ace is a girl. An awesome one btw if you haven't already realised

The girl who has just had an internship at a national bank of Japan, yet still has Spongebob in her avi. Tears in my eyes.
Wow you've done actual work this holiday! Writing a damn essay.. too much work for the summer. I had work experience last week at MUFG, an investment bank, some parts were a bit tedious but other than that it was AMAZING. We got to do job shadowing and visit Bloomberg and use their software to observe stocks live. It was awesome!

Yep I'm motivated and determined for success!
Nice, good start.. How did you get that?
What parts were tedious?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhh shame I did not realise

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest