The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serine Soul
A positive of me missing my offer is that I won't have to see that ugly pic I sent to Newnham of myself ever again

This is the bonus of having siblings at Cam - I knew, so I took a decent picture XD
That's true, and my brain might explode with all that work

And, Lamebridge is for losers

(The closer we get to results, the worse I think I've done :redface: )

"Lamebridge" :rofl:

Exactly! Nervous breakdowns may be prevented if we don't get in and I won't be as far away from the family

(Dw I feel the same, started off quietly confident and have ended up silently scared)

Posted from TSR Mobile

DoS on my Grade U in D1.
Viewpoint 1:
He obviously didn't need alot and so he didn't try it at all and went for a bare minimum.
Viepoint 2:
Is he that dumb that he couldnt't even get an E in D1, it is literally learning an algorithm. Fuks sake PM.
And yes, my DoS will call me physicsmaths that is my real name on my passport.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
DoS on my Grade U in D1.
Viewpoint 1:
He obviously didn't need alot and so he didn't try it at all and went for a bare minimum.
Viepoint 2:
Is he that dumb that he couldnt't even get an E in D1, it is literally learning an algorithm. Fuks sake PM.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg! I know I got a U in D1 too since I thankfully didn't need to do that well; hopefully DoS will have viewpoint 1 ;s

Posted from TSR Mobile
tumblr_nj6cg4I6Xh1trbh6do1_400.jpg

This is a image of the AT looking a my FP2 result.
Original post by DesignPredator
tumblr_nj6cg4I6Xh1trbh6do1_400.jpg

This is a image of the AT looking a my FP2 result.

Haha Edexcel FP2? If so, I'm in the same boat
Original post by Mathemagicien
"Lamebridge" :rofl:

I'd like a more rounded university experience thank you, like the one offered at the great bastion of knowledge, Oxford.

Original post by Medic_12345
Exactly! Nervous breakdowns may be prevented if we don't get in and I won't be as far away from the family

(Dw I feel the same, started off quietly confident and have ended up silently scared)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh where are you from? I may be moving quite far from family too

Original post by physicsmaths
DoS on my Grade U in D1.
Viewpoint 1:
Viepoint 2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:

I always think 'Prime Minister' when I see 'PM'
I probs got a U in D1 too (._.) Doesn't help that I didn't do so well in c4 either
(edited 7 years ago)
Cambridge could potentially be a boring place to live for 3 (maybe more) years..
All I could come up with

(hopefully you'll make it and this was not needed) :smile:

I assure you, it is the complete opposite.
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Haha Edexcel FP2? If so, I'm in the same boat

Yep :biggrin:, my first B ever in a public exam!
I'd like a more rounded university experience thank you, like the one offered at the great bastion of knowledge, Oxford.

Ooh where are you from? I may be moving quite far from family too

:rofl:

I always think 'Prime Minister' when I see 'PM'
I probs got a U in D1 too (._.) Doesn't help that I didn't do so well in c4 either

East London πŸ™ƒ you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is better to say in a personal statement:
Triggered my intrigue or Sparked up my interest?
Original post by Protoxylic
I assure you, it is the complete opposite.

I feared that may be the case, it seems so beautiful πŸ™ˆ was just trying to make myself feel better if I don't get in πŸ˜‚

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep :biggrin:, my first B ever in a public exam!

That moment when you have to rely on FP3 to bring your FM grade up πŸ˜’
(Holy sh** your UMS is so good)
(edited 7 years ago)
East London πŸ™ƒ you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Manchester, basically :biggrin:

Original post by BioOx

Sparked my interest
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
That moment when you have to rely on FP3 to bring your FM grade up πŸ˜’

FM is fine for me (I think),as FP3, M3 and S2 went fantastically for me. But my confidence was knocked after FP2, only after FP3 and S2 could I say I have got it.
FM is fine for me (I think),as FP3, M3 and S2 went fantastically for me. But my confidence was knocked after FP2, only after FP3 and S2 could I say I have got it.

Yeah S2 and M2 were fine for me but I would be very happy to just get an A in FM and A*s in my other two subjects tbh 😁
Original post by BioOx

The choice between both phrases will make as close to no difference as possible. Stop worrying about how to word your personal statement, they are not looking for poems or literary art, they want to see your clear interest in the subject without trying to pretty it up to compensate.

Spoiler

I feared that may be the case, it seems so beautiful πŸ™ˆ was just trying to make myself feel better if I don't get in πŸ˜‚

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the end of the day, it's not the end of the world. A degree will help you with your first couple graduate jobs, thereafter, a lot more weight it put on your experience. And also you could always go back for a postgrad :smile:
Original post by Protoxylic
At the end of the day, it's not the end of the world. A degree will help you with your first couple graduate jobs, thereafter, a lot more weight it put on your experience. And also you could always go back for a postgrad :smile:

True, as long as I'm studying Medicine I guess it doesn't matter too much which uni it is.. But still would like to go Cambridge πŸ™ˆ

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest