The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Trans Muslims may wear full body coverings. No h8, just making a perceptive comment.

Plus I'm pretty sure devout Muslim women are only obliged to wear headscarves. Choose a light colour for your headscarf, as that can reflect more heat and keep you cooler. Although most Muslim wear black, you don't have to. Black would be a no-no for me: it absorbs the heat radiation and can thus make you ill.

Hope this helps. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Just had a moment today I went for a walk and as usual I was wearing my Hijab (head covering) and a long top which covers my arms and I had two layers of clothing two tops and a long skirt. It was so hot and what pisses me off is how Muslim Men can just wear shorts and a top only and flip flops how the ****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk is that fair ? I really want to enjoy the weather without being covered head to toe it's so hot.................How is it fair that Muslim Men have it so easy ????
It pissesssss me off, I saw some Muslim women in burqas like wth would you wear that???
Yes, historically, Islam developed within a heavily patriarchal environment, and as a consequence heavily discriminates against women.

It discriminates females with regard to marriage, divorce, custody, inheritance, political rights... Women are basically being treated as eternal minors, permanently under the authority of fathers, husbands, walis

So, I would say that the dress code is just one element of discrimination among many, even if it has assumed a symbolic value, since it is very visible

so, if you dislike being discriminated against, and don't want to leave the religion, you should work for the development of a more progressive, female/friendly Islam

best
(edited 7 years ago)
so just don't wear it. my friend is a muslim but she doesn't wear a hijab even though her mum does. its weird how some muslims say its a must and others say that all women need to do is dress modestly

but yeah if its a MUST then that is a pi** take
Just had a moment today I went for a walk and as usual I was wearing my Hijab (head covering) and a long top which covers my arms and I had two layers of clothing two tops and a long skirt. It was so hot and what pisses me off is how Muslim Men can just wear shorts and a top only and flip flops how the ****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk is that fair ? I really want to enjoy the weather without being covered head to toe it's so hot.................How is it fair that Muslim Men have it so easy ????
It pissesssss me off, I saw some Muslim women in burqas like wth would you wear that???

You obviously have a few disagreements with your religion, that cant be great from the start, I suggest you evaluate the situation and see whether you really do believe in the Hijab or the body coverings, religion should not be constrictive or force you to do things if you dont feel that it fair/right/you should, so if it isnt working for you then reassess that.

If I were you I would remove the hijab and stand up to a religion which still to this day its followers think it is ok to treat women as objects and supress them. We need equality and women of all religions and races need to stop living by outdated books and stop taking them teachings word for word. Yes be a muslim, yes worship, but take your own interpretation of the religion (like many christians do) and make your own choices.

I cannot stand the fact that any religion supresses women so much, be free to be who you want to be, you only have one life to live.
Original post by WBZ144
While you're correct about most of this, I wouldn't put it at 99% with some of the threads and posts that I've seen.

The website is visited by thousands, most of whom do not engage in political threads anyway. 1% would be at least 10 people, which is about the number of anti-Muslims in this forum.
Original post by oShahpo
The website is visited by thousands, most of whom do not engage in political threads anyway. 1% would be at least 10 people, which is about the number of anti-Muslims in this forum.

At one time a very hateful post dismissing how wrong it was for a grown man to smear fake poo in a little Muslim girl's face got over 18 reps.
Original post by WBZ144
At one time a very hateful post dismissing how wrong it was for a grown man to smear fake poo in a little Muslim girl's face got over 18 reps.

Well, given the forum is literally visited by thousands, 18 people isn't that much.
Reply 108
Original post by inhuman
I answered in my second reply to you.

If you don't acknowledge that and continue saying nonsense, then yea, I will attack you personally.

And I made a response to you, usually how a debate works is that each side takes turns responding to each other. But if you don't want to refute my points that's fine, I'm not going to say you're wrong since we obviously have different opinions.
thanks
Original post by GUMI
And I made a response to you, usually how a debate works is that each side takes turns responding to each other. But if you don't want to refute my points that's fine, I'm not going to say you're wrong since we obviously have different opinions.
thanks

One should not debate with a brick wall.

I addressed all your points. What you came back with, was drivel, not worth my time, and clearly just an attempt on your part to prolong the argument that you already lost.
Become a secular atheist. It's the only way to liberate yourself from the shackles of religion and be truly free

Just don't go to Saudi as they'll kill you for leaving Islam.
Original post by oShahpo

10 people? There are far more than that.
Original post by Lord Samosa
Exactly, this is why I'm done with this website and the bigots on here.

So because someone disagrees with a set of ideas, which a religion essentially is, they're a bigot? As long as they're not discriminating against individuals how is this bigoted? I disagree with Marxists, am I bigot towards them? How about scientologists or pagans? Is it bigoted to disagree with those set of ideas?

Or does it just invade your "safe space", so you have to go home and cry to mummy, because "Someone said something I didnt like".
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 113
Original post by inhuman
One should not debate with a brick wall.

Ahhh yes, thank you for reminding me. I will not debate with you any further then.
Thank you for your time
Original post by inhuman
10 people? There are far more than that.

10 for each thousand I meant.
Hmm
anotheronelol.jpg
Original post by GUMI
Ahhh yes, thank you for reminding me. I will not debate with you any further then.
Thank you for your time

Given that you don't actually debate...
Original post by Allie4
so just don't wear it. my friend is a muslim but she doesn't wear a hijab even though her mum does. its weird how some muslims say its a must and others say that all women need to do is dress modestly

but yeah if its a MUST then that is a pi** take

I started wearing the Hijab at the age of 8 which is way too early so now it's part of my identity and part of who I am my post was just a bit of a rant
I started wearing the Hijab at the age of 8 which is way too early so now it's part of my identity and part of who I am my post was just a bit of a rant

What would happen if you stopped wearing it? Just curious. Would your parents go apeshit?
Original post by endgametheory
What would happen if you stopped wearing it? Just curious. Would your parents go apeshit?

My dad doesn't care but my mum wouldn't be too happy about it

Latest

Trending

Trending