The Student Room Group

Does anybody else get nostalgic playing old games?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ozzyoscy
Wow.

It was sarcasm.

Really obvious sarcasm.

WOW.

But come on that meme was funny :biggrin:
You don't need to reply to every post with 2-letter and 4-letter replies. No one cares if you go 'aw' or 'oh' or 'lmao'. Thank you for your input.

You don't need to be sarcastic either.

The OP can post whatever he wants - it's his thread.
Reply 22
Monkey Island reminds me of easier times. Easier times and simpler graphics.
Original post by honour
But come on that meme was funny :biggrin:

Nothing is funny after seeing it a thousand times.

The reaction that I was being serious is a tragedy.
Nothing is funny after seeing it a thousand times.

The reaction that I was being serious is a tragedy.

ur sarcasm was a tragedy m9
Final Fantasy anyone?
Original post by honour
nostalgic.png

You're an idiot. A huge idiot.
Original post by Neverdie
You're an idiot. A huge idiot.

I posted that for laughs - chill :teehee: No one was talking to you anyway, you irrelevant person.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 28
It'll have to be The Sims

Original post by honour
I posted that for laughs - chill :teehee: No one was talking to you anyway, you irrelevant person.

:laugh:
I got nostalgic about my PlayStation 1 where I played crash bandicoot and Tekken 3, and also my Nintendo DSi where I played Pokemon Soul Silver :smile:
Super Aleste (SNES)
Streets of Rage (Megadrive)
Mega Bomberman (Megadrive)
Pokemon Blue/Red (Gameboy)

Are the usually ones I opt for when I feel nostalgic. I do feel like playing Super Mario Land but I can't get my gameboy to work now..
Original post by kelvin1338
Yeah

-Dragon Fable
-Club Penguin
-Runescap
e
-Dynasty Warriors
-Crossfire FPS

My childhood

I remember playing those in my childhood.

Also played Adventure quest, Marble blast gold, Crash Bandicoot, Tekken 2 and Rumble Racers. :bawling:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MaterialBoy
(...) Anyone else get like this? haha. :redface:

Get this feeling whenever I am playing. Because the only games I am playing are good old ones. That is the purity of nostalgia.*
Original post by Zerforax
(...) *Are the usually ones I opt for when I feel nostalgic. I do feel like playing Super Mario Land but I can't get my gameboy to work now..

If your gameboy is struggling, you can get my game boy colour instead. :wink: unless you have something against playing in colour, haven't you?

Original post by NotNotBatman
Yes, I even get nostalgic just thinking about it and older games usually had better soundtracks, so that adds to it. Mario Kart 64, double dash and Zelda OOT and Majoras mask bring nostalgic feelings; pretty much anything Nintendo.

The older games have almost the better game play, because they have almost the better gaming concept (I am not talking about Zelda only). Agreement?
Original post by kelvin1338
Yeah

-Dragon Fable
-Club Penguin
-Runescape
-Dynasty Warriors
-Crossfire FPS

My childhood

My year 5 summed up was club penguin. The best day of my life was when I got membership and could go to the costume shop and finally cool outfits
Original post by Kallisto
If your gameboy is struggling, you can get my game boy colour instead. :wink: unless you have something against playing in colour, haven't you?

The older games have almost the better game play, because they have almost the better gaming concept (I am not talking about Zelda only). Agreement?

I kinda want a replacement yellow brick?

I think newer games the developers feel like they have to have a time sink in order to justify the prices. No one wants to pay £30-60 quid for a new game to complete it in 2 days so they make repetitive tasks so you have to play 40-80 hours to complete.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Definitely! Games like Return to Krondor, Gabriel Knight 3 and Theme Hospital really bring out the nostalgic feelings. :yes:

When did you play them the last time? you told me that you have hardly time to play video games...
Original post by honour

No need to get upset. You made an error, believe it or not that's ok. Don't be a keyboard warrior and take it out on others for pointing it out, it's creepy.
Original post by Kallisto

Yes, like in FPS games, they weren't as serious and focused on the aspect of fun rather than the realism, although not always; there are some amazing game concepts in more recent games. There were many seventh gen games I'd consider to be some of the best games of all time one of which being my favourite ever.
Original post by NotNotBatman
Yes, like in FPS games, they weren't as serious and focused on the aspect of fun rather than the realism, although not always; there are some amazing game concepts in more recent games. There were many seventh gen games I'd consider to be some of the best games of all time one of which being my favourite ever.

I like the older games due to the fantastical aspects and the lots of creativity in it. A reason to prefer those ones and in times of xBox and Playstation 4, it has even a golden colour. :smile:*

Quick Reply

Latest