The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cadherin
I think a little higher personally, but not much.

PHYA4:
120 UMS = 65/75
108 UMS = 59/75
A = 53/75

PHYA5/astro:
120 UMS = 65/75
108 UMS = 59/75
A = 53/75

astro usually has the higher gb doesnt it?
Original post by dingdon
astro usually has the higher gb doesnt it?

Usually - but not by much most of the time. idk why...
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Ffs HOW IS IT 4 DAYS TO GO?!

:lol: not close enough or not far away enough?
Original post by dingdon
what option module did u do for phya5?

Astro
Original post by DesignPredator
Astro

I did well on the first part (37/40 perhaps?) but not very well on astro! I think I dropped 9 or so marks on it... That 3 marker at the end using ISL screwed me.
Ffs HOW IS IT 4 DAYS TO GO?!

I know, it's going so fast, but I wish it would go faster, I just wanna knowwww 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did well on the first part (37/40 perhaps?) but not very well on astro! I think I dropped 9 or so marks on it... That 3 marker at the end using ISL screwed me.

I'm the other way around, I dropped about 4 in the first section and 2 in astro.
Original post by SeanFM
:lol: not close enough or not far away enough?

I want to get it over with but I also just don't want to know..
Original post by DesignPredator
I'm the other way around, I dropped about 4 in the first section and 2 in astro.

That's impressive - you should definitely be in line for 120 then! I'm hoping for 120 on unit 4 and maybe 114-116 on unit 5? My ISA was terrible so I pray for those boundaries to drop a little which may give me a chance of A*.
I want to get it over with but I also just don't want to know..

Reminds me of this :rofl:

Bored of summer already? :tongue: there's gotta be something new you can do.
That's impressive - you should definitely be in line for 120 then! I'm hoping for 120 on unit 4 and maybe 114-116 on unit 5? My ISA was terrible so I pray for those boundaries to drop a little which may give me a chance of A*.

They were weird papers tbh so GBs will go down, it's just the EMPA that I am a bit weary about as I'm not sure if I got the correct results.
I wanna see the grade boundaries :'(
Original post by Serine Soul
I wanna see the grade boundaries :'(

Ugh same :frown:
Reply 3993
It would be nice if UCAS let you search by entry requirements, especially for clearing options!!!
The only site I know which lets you do that is which but they don't do clearing lists.
Original post by antigone-
Ugh same :frown:

Wish my parents were senior examiners

Lol I actually had a dream once that my mum had my C4 maths paper and let me look through it (but not change anything)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aph
It would be nice if UCAS let you search by entry requirements, especially for clearing options!!!
The only site I know which lets you do that is which but they don't do clearing lists.

Definitely! It's so frustrating, will be worse on results day :frown:
If you think about it one year today was last year's results day and look how fast the time went. It's crazy. We've only got 1% of a year to wait until this year's results day ^^
The amount of times people have asked the same question on here is actually painful
Hi, I've just done my AS exams this year in Maths, Physics, Chemistry, and Computer Science. I feel like I've did well in the latter three, but I've probably got a B in Maths or scraped an A. If I were to get a B in Maths this year, how screwed am I for next year? I'm hoping to do Physics at uni where pretty much everywhere decent requires an A in A-level maths :fatcontroller:
Reply 3999
Original post by antigone-
Definitely! It's so frustrating, will be worse on results day :frown:

Yeah :redface: even though I've got a list of where I think I'll apply too I don't know because I want to do a joint degree and not a single subject I could be up the creek without a paddle if I fail come results day.
Original post by target21859
If you think about it one year today was last year's results day and look how fast the time went. It's crazy. We've only got 1% of a year to wait until this year's results day ^^
the older you get the faster time goes bye.

Quick Reply

Latest