The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

what grades is 280 UCAS points/tariff points?
Original post by Aph
because now they have results they don't belive that they will have spaces?

but they had so many courses on clearing?? Could it be that they are processing results over the weekend and will it update the clearing list later on?
Guys all clearing spaces will change on results day anyway so just wait until then, no point fussing now
Original post by enyav
exactly how i feel. All the previous years are childs play compared to that abhorrent excuse for an exam. I'm so worried but tbh AQA French boundaries never change enough to accommodate the difficulty of the exam and reflect student's abilities, so i'm not optimistic. What have you applied for/ where? :smile:

Exactly! I felt so confident after doing mocks and now I have no clue! French at Southampton, you??
Original post by yoli1998
what grades is 280 UCAS points/tariff points?

BCC / ABD / ACC or A*A* ofc
Reply 4025
Original post by antigone-
Guys all clearing spaces will change on results day anyway so just wait until then, no point fussing now

Yeah, but if something has been in clearing up until this point and then isn't it kinda suggests that there might not be spaces.
Original post by Aph
Yeah, but if something has been in clearing up until this point and then isn't it kinda suggests that there might not be spaces.

Yep I kinda inferred that... lol, but nothing is concrete at this stage, it all depends on results day. People may still choose to reject Kings on the day, leaving spaces.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4027
Original post by antigone-
Yep I kinda inferred that... lol, but nothing is concrete at this stage, it all depends on results day. People may still choose to reject Kings on the day, leaving spaces.

Yeah I get that. Obviously nothing is garunteed at all but it's fairly likely.
Im likely to get A*A*BB at the very minimum. Most likely A*A*AB in which case I have missed my insurancd and firm.
What can i do in clearing for maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Im likely to get A*A*BB at the very minimum. Most likely A*A*AB in which case I have missed my insurancd and firm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In what subjects and what were your firm/insurance?
Original post by Gorillion
In what subjects and what were your firm/insurance?

Maths FM Physics and Further additional maths.
Firm Cambridge iffer 4A*s S,1 step II n III
Insurance Imperial A*A*AA
I also have Distinction AEA and most likely a minimum of 1,1,1 in step.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

For straight Maths: Exeter, Lancaster, Leeds, Newcastle, Southampton, Surrey, Sussex, and York. If you get rejected from both your choices, and these institutions are not up to your standard, I'd just do a gap year if I were you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4032
Original post by coucouChar1997
Exactly! I felt so confident after doing mocks and now I have no clue! French at Southampton, you??

Ah cool, and the offer I have is for English Lit at Exeter but I actually want to do politics with a year abroad in a francophone country ideally :smile: It's complicated loool. I have absolutely no idea - I answered the questions I knew and guessed the ones I didn't, I was happy with all the past papers, but the exam was nothing like that, so I have absolutely no idea whether I'll even get into my insurance at this point, let alone my firm!!
Hopefully it's not as bad as we all thought :smile:
Original post by DarkEnergy
For straight Maths: Exeter, Lancaster, Leeds, Newcastle, Surrey, Sussex, and York. If you get rejected from both your choices, and these institutions are not up to your standard, I'd just do a gap year if I were you.

Already on my gap year.
Thats why my canbridge offer is so high.
What about olaces like bath, kcl??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Already on my gap year.
Thats why my canbridge offer is so high.
What about places like bath, kcl??

You can search for courses in clearing here: http://search.ucas.com/
Bath and King's aren't in clearing for any course, although this may obviously change come results day.
Maths FM Physics and Further additional maths.
Firm Cambridge iffer 4A*s S,1 step II n III
Insurance Imperial A*A*AA
I also have Distinction AEA and most likely a minimum of 1,1,1 in step.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You think you got the B in physics or AFM? Maybe contact Imperial right in the morning of results and tell them your STEP results and they might consider.

Not really sure anything up to your level will be in clearing.
Original post by DarkEnergy
You can search for courses in clearing here: http://search.ucas.com/
Bath and King's aren't in clearing for any course, although this may obviously change come results day.

Damn I am really screwed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gorillion
You think you got the B in physics or AFM? Maybe contact Imperial right in the morning of results and tell them your STEP results and they might consider.

Not really sure anything up to your level will be in clearing.

AFM.
Im pretty sre i got 100s in mechanics 3/4 and like low A in M5. But i didnt bother learning S4,D2 and D1 so i really messed up even though ive met the A* condition but I think i missed the 480/600 condition due to doing really bad in all the easy modules cause i didnt bother.
Yh I did email Imperial and they have said they will take this into account so just hoping for the best. They all got step a few weeks back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn I am really screwed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll sneak you in at Kings bruh dw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by unfathomablee
Does anyone know why kings college have removed all the courses in clearing from the UCAS list?

They'll be reassessing what should go in before results day.

Check the listings on Monday night - that's the list that gets sent to the telegraph for printing in the paper so that should be 80% right. There will always be a few changes between then and results day (as firm decisions come through to insurance universities) both additions and removals.

Quick Reply

Latest