The Student Room Group

Does your uni charge for you having visitors?

Poll

Should uni charge for overnight visitors?

I've just got my contract pack for uni and it say visitors are only allowed to stay on a weekend which is fine but staying over night (Friday/Saturday nights only) costs £10 a night. Does your uni charge? Why? :angry:
I've never heard of the uni charging...and even if they did how could they possibly monitor it?
Reply 2
Original post by Jackieox
I've never heard of the uni charging...and even if they did how could they possibly monitor it?

They have security staff I think and if you are caught not paying for visitors you 'may be evicted' but not sure how the security works yet I've not been to the accommodation before :frown:
That makes no sense. You're the one paying for accomodation already, you should be allowed to have whoever you want over
Reply 4
Original post by wickedisgood
That makes no sense. You're the one paying for accomodation already, you should be allowed to have whoever you want over

Yeah, I'm not living their for free :frown:
Reply 5
Totally unenforcable, ignore it.
never heard of this before, three of us slept in my friends room at Uni of Nottingham - had no issue. Then again there is no live security, just a keycard gate
Reply 7
Btw I am going to send the poll to accomodation feedback when it has enough votes :biggrin:
Original post by Nat__
I've just got my contract pack for uni and it say visitors are only allowed to stay on a weekend which is fine but staying over night (Friday/Saturday nights only) costs £10 a night. Does your uni charge? Why? :angry:

Nope, mine didn't. They said guests should only stay for 3 nights at a time and we should let our resident tutors know, but in reality there was no one around to enforce the rules. Even at my friends hall which had a proper 24 hour reception I just had to sign in, not pay.
Original post by Nat__
Btw I am going to send the poll to accomodation feedback when it has enough votes :biggrin:

don't bother, they won't care

just do what you want guest wise, the only time the university will intervene is if they're getting lots of complaints from your flatmates - so just don't let your guest be noisy, steal food etc
Reply 10
Imagine a ONS sloping out in the morning, then getting stopped by security for their debts...
Reply 11
Original post by knope
Imagine a ONS sloping out in the morning, then getting stopped by security for their debts...

I don't think they'd visit again 😂
Children under the age of 12, prospective students, Bodleian Card holders, and Oxford graduates carrying their alumni card are all admitted free of charge. The entrance fee for other tourists is £3. If areas of the College are closed to visitors during the school year, the College may waive the cost.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending