The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PQ
Karma rewarded me. Saw (and caught with my first ball) by first Jynx

(I know people who moan they're common but I live in the suburbs- only seen them on the tracker but not in person)

:party:

You should go to Essex, they've got Jynxs absolutely everywhere
2 more eggs hatched

A Paras and a Pidgey

Suspect the game is deliberately taking the piss now.
Original post by PQ
2 more eggs hatched

A Paras and a Pidgey

Suspect the game is deliberately taking the piss now.

Pidgeys are actually good exp for evolving so, don't knock em.
Just stack up on pidgey candy and activate a lucky egg.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1263
Original post by Scienceisgood
Pidgeys are actually good exp for evolving so, don't knock em.
Just stack up on pidgey candy and activate a lucky egg.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, this. Catch every Pidgey. Weedle and Caterpie as they only require 12 candy to evolve

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, am I the only one who's experienced a sharp decrease in the number of drowzees around?
Haven't caught one in around 4-5 days...

Unfortunately I saw a Laparas silhouette on my Nearby Pokemon list but, it was like 4am... =(
Original post by UWS
Yep, this. Catch every Pidgey. Weedle and Caterpie as they only require 12 candy to evolve

Posted from TSR Mobile

Caterpies are really rare for me... barely find em.
Get weedles galore though...

Although, am going to start on my 2k eggs soon in hopes of getting some decent level caterpies.
Missed out on a 800CP scyther today...
Wasted like 20 pokeballs trying to catch it. =(

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1267
My first good Pokemon from an egg!! It's such a tank and it knows EQ so all those Jolteon and Flareon noobs get swept away.

I clear every gym with this guy since it's only weak to fighting types but it knows Zen Headbutt so it has fighting types covered

Original post by UWS
My first good Pokemon from an egg!! It's such a tank and it knows EQ so all those Jolteon and Flareon noobs get swept away.

I clear every gym with this guy since it's only weak to fighting types but it knows Zen Headbutt so it has fighting types covered

Nice. *Good amount of candies too.👍
got a 40 cp paras from a 5k egg, then a 400cp bulbasaur from a 2k egg. i think niantic is trying to make it up to me
Just caught a WILD SNORLAX!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2RV_v9V9EA
Guys, found this in my living room yesterday afternoon! =D

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471087866.232052.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a Lapras while I was overseas was chuffed with that but then had a few rage inducing moments too. ??? Pidgeot, tried to catch it, did the two ball wobble thing and then my game crashed and wouldn't open. Was hoping when I could get on it would show I caught it but then when I checked there was nothing.

Other one was while we were in a car and a ****ing Syther popped up and I tried to catch it and had 3 damn chances at it too but all broke free then got way too far past it and disconnected error from the battle :sad:
Ok guys, am building up a stack of coins now and was wondering what the best thing to spend them on was. I was thinking the bag storage to increase my storage for pokeballs meaning more exp but, need a decent strategy here because i don't know how far you can increase your storage before you hit your limit. =l
Original post by Scienceisgood
Ok guys, am building up a stack of coins now and was wondering what the best thing to spend them on was. I was thinking the bag storage to increase my storage for pokeballs meaning more exp but, need a decent strategy here because i don't know how far you can increase your storage before you hit your limit. =l

I'm saving up (slowly- I don't have the time to place/take over more than one gym a day so my coins are creeping up slowly) for a bag upgrade and then I think probably either a bunch of lures or incubator after that.
My 100th Pokemon:

Also caught enough candies do evolve Nidorino to Nidoking. 😄*
When trading comes out.....imgiving away my pokemon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GothicShield
When trading comes out.....imgiving away my pokemon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dibs on first pick
What levels do you get you're first 3 lucky eggs at?

What is the maximum speed you can travel at with the Pokemon egg distance still being counted?
It works occasionally on the bus for me.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
What levels do you get you're first 3 lucky eggs at?

What is the maximum speed you can travel at with the Pokemon egg distance still being counted?
It works occasionally on the bus for me.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/19/12227650/pokemon-go-level-rewards

Level 9, level 10 and level 15.

Hatched a Bulbasaur today with CP 517 :biggrin: Will be evolving it sometime next week so hoping it should be a decent level Ivysaur too!

Quick Reply