The Student Room Group

AS Math prep summer homework

edit: Never mind, I have the answer!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Marshall Taylor
edit: Never mind, I have the answer!

Summer homework :hide: just posting to apolgise on behalf of humanity.
Original post by SeanFM
Summer homework :hide: just posting to apolgise on behalf of humanity.

I have 2 booklets of philosophy, 2 econ essays to write and 10 pages of maths to complete + come up with my EPQ question... It's cruel of them to call it the summer holidays, right?
I have 2 booklets of philosophy, 2 econ essays to write and 10 pages of maths to complete + come up with my EPQ question... It's cruel of them to call it the summer holidays, right?

That should be illegal :s-smilie: I guess they're expecting good things from their students :s-smilie:
Original post by SeanFM
That should be illegal :s-smilie: I guess they're expecting good things from their students :s-smilie:

It has a paragraph on the bottom called 'expectations' and I'll write it below.

"
-You will be expected to have this work done for the first week back.
-The work represents the standard of text that you must be able to cope with in order to access the course successfully & so you need to know
-Completing this work is directly relevant to what you will study next year & will give you a head start to an intense year
-You will be required to show the prep work to your teacher at the start of the year"

I have highlighted in bold the most sinister parts. I guess that my sixth form isn't rated Outstanding by Ofsted for no reason...

"
-The work represents the standard of text that you must be able to cope with in order to access the course successfully & so you need to know
-Completing this work is directly relevant to what you will study next year & will give you a head start to an intense year
-You will be required to show the prep work to your teacher at the start of the year"

I have highlighted in bold the most sinister parts. I guess that my sixth form isn't rated Outstanding by Ofsted for no reason...

>intense year

Since when is A-Level maths intense?

inb4 sweating while completing the square

"

:hide: that's crazy. I hope it is just to scare you into doing some work and that it's not how much you have to do to be able to cope. :s-smilie:
Original post by RDKGames
>intense year

Since when is A-Level maths intense?

inb4 sweating while completing the square

That was on one of the 30 page booklets from Philosophy, some 100AD transcribed text... :frown:

Original post by SeanFM
:hide: that's crazy. I hope it is just to scare you into doing some work and that it's not how much you have to do to be able to cope. :s-smilie:

They're basically warning everyone to study super hard or go home, because they are super strict with high grades - but at the end of the day, it's for the greater good so I have no objections.

Quick Reply

Latest