The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

roehampton society list

http://www.roehamptonstudent.com/student-life/societies

Ok so here is a list i found of societies. Does anyone else think there is a bit of lack in variety? I'm hoping the list isn't the full one.

Like I don't see a sport society or anything. Then again maybe sport teams aren't listed as societies etc.

I don't see any kind of combat sport (boxing/mma etc) society... I'm guessing there is but again it's just listed as a sport or something.
Reply 1
I think more girls go to Roehampton than boys, so that might be why? But maybe they just haven't listed some? If not, why don't you make your own society?
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 2
http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/Sport-Roehampton/Sports-Activities/

Roehampton Sports clubs :smile: I assume they're the same as societies
Reply 3
@welcome Yeah thanks that is what i was hoping for! Ellsy i was thinking the same thing... I wonder how many guys want to make a mens society:biggrin:... kidding but yeah i mean. The female to male ratio is like 3:1 or something... atleast it was like from 2014-15.
Reply 4
I was confused only because i know some universitys list sports as socieities e.g sailing.
Reply 5
Original post by Student167
I was confused only because i know some universitys list sports as socieities e.g sailing.

Yeah, I could be wrong though. There might be some more starting up this year too!
Reply 6
Original post by Welkom
Yeah, I could be wrong though. There might be some more starting up this year too!

That is from their official website so i doubt you are. I'm assuming societies are ones purely made by students... sports etc are not on the list.
Sports aren't run by the same group as Societies. Societies are through the RSU and overseen by a Societies intern, my friend is this year's intern. Sports are overseen by Sport Roehampton. Both are student-led though, run by elected committees from the previous year's members or athletes.

There may be more starting this year. They'll be at the Fresher Fayre on the Friday of Freshers Week. I think we have a British Sign Language one starting and I don't think it's listed yet. And you can always start your own. Lacrosse started mid-way through last year.
Reply 8
Original post by gjjmcmahon
Sports aren't run by the same group as Societies. Societies are through the RSU and overseen by a Societies intern, my friend is this year's intern. Sports are overseen by Sport Roehampton. Both are student-led though, run by elected committees from the previous year's members or athletes.

There may be more starting this year. They'll be at the Fresher Fayre on the Friday of Freshers Week. I think we have a British Sign Language one starting and I don't think it's listed yet. And you can always start your own. Lacrosse started mid-way through last year.

gjjmcmahon is correct, also I believe the RSU are going to revamp the Societies page for the upcoming academic year, so keep your eyes peeled! The info on the current page about presidents etc are slightly outdated, but honestly I wouldn't worry about that since there's still a month until uni begins, and you'll have plenty of time to join societies and sports clubs!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending