The Student Room Group

BBC refuses to remake the classic World War II comedy 'Allo 'Allo because bosses fear

The BBC has ruled out remaking the famous World War II sitcom 'Allo 'Allo because bosses were nervous the Nazis in the show would offend viewers.It comes as the broadcaster gave the green light for other classic programmes to be remade, including comedy series Are You Being Served? and prison sitcom Porridge. But the BBC were worried that some of the characters, such as Gestapo officer Herr Flick, would cause animosity, reports The Sun.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3738610/BBC-refuses-remake-classic-World-War-II-comedy-Allo-Allo-bosses-fear-Nazis-OFFEND-viewers.html#ixzz4HEjRgt6E

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3738610/BBC-refuses-remake-classic-World-War-II-comedy-Allo-Allo-bosses-fear-Nazis-OFFEND-viewers.html

LOOOOOOL Who would be offended by this and why?

Scroll to see replies

The BBC, ran by cucks, for cucks.
Reply 2
Original post by Mathemagicien
"omg do u think ww2 was like a joke or something??? the nazis did terrible things do u even no what they did they murdered people dont mention them and dont show pictures of them omgggggg now i need to retreat to my safe space #prayForMe"

gg Britain

hahahahahahahaha omg this is so funny

Bongs are a degenerated nation. But do not worry Bongs you are still behind Sweden,Germany and France.
Unnamed source and the BBC have denied it anyway, so no proof.

Why on earth would you wnat to remake it anyway?
Do you know? I am sick to the back teeth of political ****ing correctness permeating every aspect of our lives.
As a Nazi I am offended by depictions of mein Fuhrer and his companions.
Reply 6
It wasn't that funny anyway, so even of its true it's no loss.

One or two half decent jokes... That it then repeated every episode. No ta.
Reply 7
Original post by The_Opinion
The BBC, ran by cucks, for cucks.

There's a difference between being a cuck and being spineless

Original post by Drewski
It wasn't that funny anyway, so even of its true it's no loss.

One or two half decent jokes... That it then repeated every episode. No ta.

Did you have a bad moaning?
You know the incomprehensible anger and derision at the Brexit vote we saw... well thats exactly what it will be like when the BBC hits the wall in the next decade i absolutely cannot wait
Reply 9
Original post by RobML
Did you have a bad moaning?

Yep, that's the one.
Its an unverified claim and actively denied by the BBC, yet here you are accepting its true.
Original post by Mathemagicien
"omg do u think ww2 was like a joke or something??? the nazis did terrible things do u even no what they did they murdered people dont mention them and dont show pictures of them omgggggg now i need to retreat to my safe space #prayForMe"

gg Britain

I detect sarcoidosis.
eh none of those series needs a remake anyway.

Dad's army didn't need a remake, yes minister didn't need a remake. Classic comedy series' don't need remakes.
Original post by 999tigger
Unnamed source and the BBC have denied it anyway, so no proof.

Why on earth would you wnat to remake it anyway?

timidity about commissioning new comedy would be my guess...bring on new comedy talent is one of the things the BBC has done that I think we'll miss if it bites the dirt.

once upon a time ITV made another 3 series of this stuff...

after the BBC had produced the first series of blackadder
Original post by Joinedup
timidity about commissioning new comedy would be my guess...bring on new comedy talent is one of the things the BBC has done that I think we'll miss if it bites the dirt.

once upon a time ITV made another 3 series of this stuff...

after the BBC had produced the first series of blackadder

Dont think so as the BBC do make new stuff. Hollywood is uch worse for reboots.

My point was why remake that series? It was of its time, what would a remake add?
Same with Porridge it was perfect as it was.
Original post by 999tigger
Dont think so as the BBC do make new stuff. Hollywood is uch worse for reboots.

My point was why remake that series? It was of its time, what would a remake add?
Same with Porridge it was perfect as it was.

Well I doubt it'll be commissioning anything new while it's redoing these old shows cos the comedy department will only be able to spend it's budget once. Making a decison to reboot old shows means they're expending resources doing that instead of bringing on new stuff.

don't really know why they're choosing these shows - maybe they're thinking of selling them to foreign channels :unsure:
Original post by Joinedup
Well I doubt it'll be commissioning anything new while it's redoing these old shows cos the comedy department will only be able to spend it's budget once. Making a decison to reboot old shows means they're expending resources doing that instead of bringing on new stuff.

don't really know why they're choosing these shows - maybe they're thinking of selling them to foreign channels :unsure:

They havent commissioned it. Its just some spurious unverified newspaper article.
Why would you want to remake it ? Doesn't really make any sense... If anything we need something like The Thick of It to return.
Nazis may offend people.

Plot twist of 2016??
PC brigade back at it again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending