The Student Room Group

Muslims please help!

Nothing's going right in my life, I'm just so confused. I don't know what to do. I used to be good at studies, I used to be in the top ten and now I'm at the bottom. I've become depressed because of this and people are rude to me because they think I'm stupid. I don't have any real friends either. I've become very self-conscious and I think people make fun of me. I think Allah is angry with me, what do I do?

Scroll to see replies

Be patient
Keep working towards jannah
Leave the rest to Allah

By the way read Surah Baqurah verse 184
Very beautiful
Original post by agentblank000
Nothing's going right in my life, I'm just so confused. I don't know what to do. I used to be good at studies, I used to be in the top ten and now I'm at the bottom. I've become depressed because of this and people are rude to me because they think I'm stupid. I don't have any real friends either. I've become very self-conscious and I think people make fun of me. I think Allah is angry with me, what do I do?

Stay patient. Be positive.
Reply 3
I think a psychologist would help you way more than a random muslim ( or a random TSR user ) .
Reply 4
Salam
We could discuss this over PM if you want, I'm available to talk :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some people get depressed for no reason unfortunately. Even the most pious person could become depressed. Don't blame yourself or actions. Pray if you feel like it helps and seek medical help if you are able to.
You may find your situation improves if you stop assuming you are being punished by your deity and instead go out and do something about it hun ^^
Check some motivational videos on youtube especially some motivational videos about Islam.
God could be angry with all of us and we would never truly know because difficulty that we face can always be a test.

Also remember that Muslims and Non-muslims can help you alike. Never think Muslims will only help and also keep in bare in mind there are very bad people out there who are Muslim by name whereas there is beautiful Jewish and Christian people that would help you more than many Muslims out there.

Despite we are all humans and we make mistakes and we may be people of different religious faiths, it is better for us all to remember our similarities and that we believe in a higher power.

That being said my friend, spend sometime reflecting, speaking with your God. If you are muslim you would know the blessings of praying late into the night. It's more simple than you think and a short nap before 3am, you can wake up and pray the night and morning prayer.

I want you to understand, whatever you are going through, it was mean't to come to you at this time, to build a stronger version of yourself. Also remember, you are never stupid. Knowledge, intellect and wealth can be given to people by God just as it can be taken within seconds.

Take the time these few days, reflect upon yourself, ask for forgiveness, build on your future, put some targets up and always have faith.
Never lose hope, for your lord is the most merciful.
Original post by nagamorris
Check some motivational videos on youtube especially some motivational videos about Islam.
God could be angry with all of us and we would never truly know because difficulty that we face can always be a test.

Also remember that Muslims and Non-muslims can help you alike. Never think Muslims will only help and also keep in bare in mind there are very bad people out there who are Muslim by name whereas there is beautiful Jewish and Christian people that would help you more than many Muslims out there.

Despite we are all humans and we make mistakes and we may be people of different religious faiths, it is better for us all to remember our similarities and that we believe in a higher power.

That being said my friend, spend sometime reflecting, speaking with your God. If you are muslim you would know the blessings of praying late into the night. It's more simple than you think and a short nap before 3am, you can wake up and pray the night and morning prayer.

I want you to understand, whatever you are going through, it was mean't to come to you at this time, to build a stronger version of yourself. Also remember, you are never stupid. Knowledge, intellect and wealth can be given to people by God just as it can be taken within seconds.

Take the time these few days, reflect upon yourself, ask for forgiveness, build on your future, put some targets up and always have faith.
Never lose hope, for your lord is the most merciful.

Thank you so much, I'll definitely take your advice. You're right about Christians and Jews being helpful too. I only mentioned Muslims because if someone could quote a hadith/ surah/ dua that would help.
Original post by trollface54
Be patient
Leave the rest to Allah

Very beautiful

Thank you
Original post by agentblank000
Thank you so much, I'll definitely take your advice. You're right about Christians and Jews being helpful too. I only mentioned Muslims because if someone could quote a hadith/ surah/ dua that would help.

Its no biggie.
You will find the correctly referenced hadiths etc when you watch the islamic videos on youtube.
surround yourself with positive people and don't give up
Reply 12
Don't get depressed about it. Ask for forgiveness for anything you have done wrong and intend to not do bad and be good, and Allah promises to forgive you for anything and everything instantly. Allah says in the Qur'an "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

And The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Allah, Blessed and Exalted is He, says, ‘O son of Adam, as long as you call on Me, I shall forgive you of what you have done, and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if your sins were to reach up to the clouds in the sky, and then you were to ask for My forgiveness, I would forgive you and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if you were to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the Earth, and then you were to meet Me after death, not worshipping anything besides Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as the Earth.’

Allah teaches us that He wants to show mercy to all of us, so keep learning about Allah's love and mercy and be happy. If you think Allah is angry with you, then remember that Allah is the Most Loving, Merciful and Compassionate and you can make sure He's happy with you instantly by asking for forgiveness and trying to do good. Allah tells us to never lose hope in His infinite mercy.

The fact you are worried shows that you really care about pleasing Allah, and Allah will love you for that already

Finally, just because things aren't going your way doesn't mean Allah is angry with you. Many of the Prophets (peace be upon them) went through periods where everything was against them, and Allah helped them to go on and acheive great things and become the best people ever. Don't worry if people make fun of you because many people are nasty and wrong, but Allah will eventually give you what you deserve when the time is right.

This may just be a test for you (which you will be rewarded for if you keep doing good), and it says in the Qur'an 'Surely with difficulty comes ease' so by Allah's will, things will become even better than they used to be.

Be good, stay patient and positive!
(edited 7 years ago)
Thank you that last quote is very powerful. In fact it is from surah Nashr I recommend u all to read it.

Fa inna ma al yusri yusrah
Inna ma al yusri yusrah

With every difficulty their comes ease
Certainly with every difficulty their comes ease
Praying wont help, seek a doctor or a psychologist
If your depressed, get help.
Original post by Tubs98
Don't get depressed about it. Ask for forgiveness for anything you have done wrong and intend to not do bad and be good, and Allah promises to forgive you for anything and everything instantly. Allah says in the Qur'an "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

And The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Allah, Blessed and Exalted is He, says, ‘O son of Adam, as long as you call on Me, I shall forgive you of what you have done, and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if your sins were to reach up to the clouds in the sky, and then you were to ask for My forgiveness, I would forgive you and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if you were to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the Earth, and then you were to meet Me after death, not worshipping anything besides Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as the Earth.’

Allah teaches us that He wants to show mercy to all of us, so keep learning about Allah's love and mercy and be happy. If you think Allah is angry with you, then remember that Allah is the Most Loving, Merciful and Compassionate and you can make sure He's happy with you instantly by asking for forgiveness and trying to do good. Allah tells us to never lose hope in His infinite mercy.

The fact you are worried shows that you really care about pleasing Allah, and Allah will love you for that already

Finally, just because things aren't going your way doesn't mean Allah is angry with you. Many of the Prophets (peace be upon them) went through periods where everything was against them, and Allah helped them to go on and acheive great things and become the best people ever. Don't worry if people make fun of you because many people are nasty and wrong, but Allah will eventually give you what you deserve when the time is right.

This may just be a test for you (which you will be rewarded for if you keep doing good), and it says in the Qur'an 'Surely with difficulty comes ease' so by Allah's will, things will become even better than they used to be.

Be good, stay patient and positive!

Thank you so so much, you have no idea how much this helped
Reply 17
Original post by trollface54
Be patient
Leave the rest to Allah

Very beautiful

image.png
How is fasting gonna help?
Reply 18
Surah Noor nice it cheered me up and Surah Rahman
Sorry OGGUS it was verse 186 of Surah Baqurah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending