Scroll to see replies

And btw with 3A*s you can still become a lawyer

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll only get one but that's maths but I know that's good so idm :smile:
You'll probably do better than you think, what are you expecting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ExoIceCream99
I'll only get one but that's maths but I know that's good so idm :smile:

I want to be a lawyer as well, as someone with family friends in the profession they have said as long as your English Language is an A then you should be fine, along with high grades in other essay based subjects.
Original post by sahil19
I want to be a lawyer as well, as someone with family friends in the profession they have said as long as your English Language is an A then you should be fine, along with high grades in other essay based subjects.

Ah okay makes sense, but you need an A 100% in English language?
Ah okay makes sense, but you need an A 100% in English language?

Well it's a good start to get an A in English. Also if you want to go into the corporate side of law then maths at a minimum of an A in expected. For example many Russell Group Uni's expect an A minimum in English and a B minimum in maths. My top 3 priorities are an A* in history and an A in both maths and English.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AdeptDz
You'll probably do better than you think, what are you expecting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths : A*
English Language: B
Business: A or B. Not sure
Statistics: A, maybe A* idk
Media: C, maybe a B if lucky.
French: D as I only did 70%, no speaking at all. So C if I'm super lucky.
ICT: D because some coursework was incomplete but the exam went well so maybe a C.
Biology: B or A if lucky
Physics: I'm not sure, between A-C Mark
Geography: A or maybe if I'm luckier than Joey Essex A*
Chemistry: C if I'm lucky. C1 was great. C2 and c3 I was so bad.
I got an A in all my science coursework for triple science (which is 25% of each science)
I'm actually so scared for results day because I missed so much school and I just want 1 A just to feel that I achieved something despite my illness. I can't wait until college even if it will be hard :P
Original post by sahil19
Well it's a good start to get an A in English. Also if you want to go into the corporate side of law then maths at a minimum of an A in expected. For example many Russell Group Uni's expect an A minimum in English and a B minimum in maths. My top 3 priorities are an A* in history and an A in both maths and English.

They do say history goes well with being a lawyer.

I'm okay with an A in maths.
Oh and B/C in English literature.
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
I'm actually so scared for results day because I missed so much school and I just want 1 A just to feel that I achieved something despite my illness. I can't wait until college even if it will be hard :P

College will be hard but more exciting. What you studying?
They do say history goes well with being a lawyer.

I'm okay with an A in maths.

What A-levels are you taking?
Maths : A*
English Language: B
Business: A or B. Not sure
Statistics: A, maybe A* idk
Media: C, maybe a B if lucky.
French: D as I only did 70%, no speaking at all. So C if I'm super lucky.
ICT: D because some coursework was incomplete but the exam went well so maybe a C.
Biology: B or A if lucky
Physics: I'm not sure, between A-C Mark
Geography: A or maybe if I'm luckier than Joey Essex A*
Chemistry: C if I'm lucky. C1 was great. C2 and c3 I was so bad.
I got an A in all my science coursework for triple science (which is 25% of each science)

Those sound good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sahil19
What A-levels are you taking?

Maths Business Economics and Sociology, I've looked into university courses and decided these were the best for several career routes I could choose.
College will be hard but more exciting. What you studying?

I'm pretty practical and creative so: Media Studies, Fine arts and Drama.

Yourself?
Original post by AdeptDz
Those sound good

Posted from TSR Mobile

They'll do, I'm more bothered by A level grades.
Maths Business Economics and Sociology, I've looked into university courses and decided these were the best for several career routes I could choose.

Ah fair play!
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
I'm pretty practical and creative so: Media Studies, Fine arts and Drama.

Yourself?

I'm the opposite, I'm academic, I was so bad at media and art but I'm great at drama. I choose maths, business, economics and sociology,
Does it annoy anyone else that BTEC's weigh as much as A-levels when they're nowhere near as much work..
I'm moving house in 6 days and I wish there was a thread for my new school, my new school had no induction day... So I'm a loner 😭

Latest