The Student Room Group

A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Scroll to see replies

Every time I see this thread or any to do with results my heart starts racing!
Original post by zayn008
Yep! Did you do The 2008 crisis or just the monetary policy question? I Felt like a right G when I spoke about VAT rates being slashed, don't think many people spoke about fiscal except automatic stabilisers, I briefly mentioned quantitative easing but didn't even get to explain what it was :frown: so don't feel too left out! I can't remember but I'm pretty sure I spoke about the budget deficit and government bonds… If I didn't I'm screwed. I was quite pleased with Theme 2, the things I wasn't prepared for didn't come up so I'm all to blame if it goes bad, I'll be happy with a B considering I taught the syllabus to myself. If you spoke about interest rates, deficit and maybe even linked them to unemployment/inflation you'd get a good mark! Hardest thing in the whole paper was getting the application marks, the extract had nothing at all to do with 2008 except inflation, I can't remember the other questions but I remember the extract was useless to them lol

I also did that paper and completely ****ed up the 20 markers on both papers and the 15 marker on paper one. I came out of the exam hall after paper 2 feeling so happy with myself because I picked the 2008 crisis and explained what QE was and talked about interest rates etc, however for whatever reason I thought the crisis was caused by high inflation and I had written the complete opposite to what I needed to write. Hopefully I picked up some diagram marks and explanation marks for the different methods. I feel like I actually did really well for the first part of the paper tbh. Relieved this is new spec, economics is something I really really reslly want to continue doing, by far my fav subject. Let me know how results day goes for you guys.
Results

Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A

Further Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A

C1 - 87 (lol)
C2 - 100
M1 - 100
FP1 - 97
S1 - 70 (was expecting 90?)
M2 - 74 (Screwed up on the timing with this one, awfully frustrating)

Comments and reactions
I am terrified

after - bit disappointed with UMS average (88%) but still going to apply :smile:

Future ambitions
Engineering at Cambridge :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Predicted

Biology: U

Geography: E

Maths: D

Physics: U

Terrified and scared. I screwed up this year so I kinda know these grades are probably right...

Achieved

Biology: B

Geography: A

Maths: B

Physics: C

(edited 7 years ago)
Results

Maths: Predicted B / Achieved B

Physics: Predicted A / Achieved D

English: Predicted A / Achieved A

Comments and reactions
Lol. Physics was a cock-up and a half. But it's the reformed Physics so I don't have to take notice of this grade! I sit the same exams next year in Physics so I'm all good. Maths and English have pleased me immensely and I hope that now I can go on to achieve AAAaa with the As in Comp Sci, Maths, and Physics, and the as in Further Maths and English (I already have one of those two as!)

Future ambitions
Oxford University. I'm yet to do my Computer Science A2 exam as that's a 2-year thing. Maths at Oxford. Failing that, Loughborough, York, Exeter, or (Heaven forbid) Lincoln. Later then to work at my current company, Software Europe, continuing to be their developer.
(edited 7 years ago)
Results

Maths: Predicted B / Achieved B (3 UMS off an A :angry:)

Physics: Predicted A / Achieved A

Chemistry: Predicted A / Achieved A

Computer Science: Predicted B / Achieved A

Comments and reactions
Pretty much every Physics course needs an A in Maths... definitely going to try a lot harder in Maths. Got a bit too complacent. Happy with the other three results though ofcourse.

Future ambitions
Physics at St Andrews is the number 1 goal. I'm guaranteed offers from York and Edinburgh (I'll explain if needs be) so I'll be applying there too. Also gonna apply to Nottingham. Not sure about my 5th choice, but it might be Oxford or Imperial as a just seeing if I could get in kinda thing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Results

Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A

Further Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A

Physics: Predicted A / Achieved B

Chemistry: Predicted C / Achieved C

Comments and reactions
Hoping Chemistry doesn't become a D, glad to drop it.
Post results
Not so bad considering the sciences are linear. Still kind of sad for physics.

Future ambitions
Applying to physics and maths w/physics courses.
(edited 7 years ago)
(reserving for results day)

Results
English Lit: Predicted A / Achieved B
Sociology: Predicted A / Achieved A
Biology: Predicted B / Achieved A
History: Predicted A / Achieved C

Comments and reactions
I'm....really really really disappointed. B in my best subject, the one i want to do at uni, and a C in the subject I wanted to keep! Sociology is great, not surprised because i thought the exams went amazingly. But I got an A in Biology which is SUCH a shock - i only dropped 5 marks across both breadth and depth!!! HOW??? Anyway, now i don't know whether to drop Bio (what i was gonna drop originally) or history, ahhh

Future ambitions
English Literature and Creative Writing at Warwick Uni is my number 1 goal!
(edited 7 years ago)
Results
Chemistry: Predicted B / Achieved A
Biology: Predicted B / Achieved A
Psychology: Predicted B / Achieved A
Spanish: Predicted A / Achieved A

Comments and reactions
I can't believe it! Looks like my blood, sweat, tears and the blisters on my fingers were worth it :smile:

Future ambitions
With these results possibly medicine in the UK! Or even a science degree like biology or psychology at Oxbridge!
(edited 7 years ago)
i got an A in A level biology however, i am more concerned about the grade in As than the A2( because i know i messed up in the A2 variant 1).
can anyone tell me what are the possible grades to get in the As and A2 in order to get an A? ( example: does a b in As and an A in A2 qualify for an A)

any helpful answer would be very appreciated
thanks in advance.
Considering that these are new specs, shouldn't the boundaries be low to balanced?
Reserved forever
Original post by Niyi Aderounmu
Considering that these are new specs, shouldn't the boundaries be low to balanced?

We hope ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Results

French: Predicted B / Achieved C

Geography: Predicted B / Achieved D

Travel and Tourism: Predicted A / Achieved B

Economics: Predicted B / Achieved D

Comments and reactions
- I'm happy with my Travel and Tourism grade and I did better than expected in Geography
- Disappointed with French because I thought I did really well, and I've dropped Economics because I thought it went well but apparently not :frown:
- I'm really worried now:frown:

Future ambitions
Translation (and Interpreting) in French and Spanish
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34
Fine Art: predicted A*/achieved A*
Maths: predicted B/achieved B
Physics: predicted B/achieved A
History: predicted B/achieved A

BRING IT ON A2 💅🏻
(edited 7 years ago)
One moment I'm like "nah there's nothing I can do all will be okay stay calm" then an hour later I'm hysterically crying/screaming in the kitchen petrified about applying in September due to bad results lololol
Original post by DarkEnergy
Results

Maths: Predicted B / Achieved ?

Physics: Predicted A / Achieved ?

Chemistry: Predicted A / Achieved ?

Computer Science: Predicted B / Achieved ?

Comments and reactions
TBD

Future ambitions
Physics at St Andrews is the number 1 goal. I'm guaranteed offers from York and Edinburgh (I'll explain if needs be) so I'll be applying there too. Also gonna apply to Nottingham. Not sure about my 5th choice, but it might be Oxford or Imperial as a just seeing if I could get in kinda thing.

Why are you guarnteed offers?
Original post by espicton98
Why are you guarnteed offers?

For York, its because I did the "Next Step York" summer school. (details)

For Edinburgh, its because I'm from a postcode with low progression to HE and go to a college where A-level attainment is below the national average. (details)
Original post by DarkEnergy
For York, its because I did the "Next Step York" summer school. (details)

For Edinburgh, its because I'm from a postcode with low progression to HE and go to a college where A-level attainment is below the national average. (details)

ah I see, I did the Cambridge summer school but unfortunately the same principle doesn't apply there, wish it did lol. Good on you though! both excellent university's!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Results

Chemistry: Predicted B / Achieved ?

Maths: Predicted A / Achieved ?

Physics: Predicted A / Achieved ?

Economics: Predicted / Achieved ?

Comments and reactions
Pre-results: no idea by this point, but I just want results to come already (As of Monday evening, I doubt I'll agree with that comment on Wednesday night)

Post-results: TBD

Future ambitions
MSci in Physics, hoping to then go and do post-grad somewhere. Currently fallen in love with Southampton Uni, and also the chance to perhaps do MSci with particle physics :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest