The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AdeptDz
Banking is very competitive it isn't really a fall back option unless its like middle office or back office (less pay, better offers)

Posted from TSR Mobile

By back up I mean a back up degree not a back up job after a law degree aha
Early twenties. But she is now at 37 going to get into law as they want experienced women now
Original post by ExoIceCream99
My step mum wanted to do it but had kids too early.

You want to do law because your mum wanted to? I mean, that's fine - but I'm pretty sure saying that at an interview would be suicide lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sahil19
My brother is a trader at Merill Lynch BoA, he's essentially stated that in the banking world it's not what you know, it's who you know. By backup I mean if I decide to do another degree in a year's time, which is highly unlikely but nothing is set in stone.

Ah, I see. I'm with you on that though; I wanted to be a doctor for over a year, and then changed my mind very quickly. Nothing is ever set in stone.
Original post by francis_e_c
You want to do law because your mum wanted to? I mean, that's fine - but I'm pretty sure saying that at an interview would be suicide lol

I wouldn't say that at an interview I'm not dumb 😂😂😂
Original post by extraordinaire
Wow congrats! Are these your iGCSE grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No No my full GCSEs.
I didn't do IGCSEs.
I only use it to give assured hope to others, not as a bragging right.
I wouldn't say that at an interview I'm not dumb 😂😂😂

I still don't get it. So you don't want to do law? Is there pressure for you to do so? - if so, don't do it. Seriously.
I still don't get it. So you don't want to do law? Is there pressure for you to do so? - if so, don't do it. Seriously.

No it's not the only reason but the reason I started thinking about law was because my step mum was telling me about it so I looked into it.

I also loved Phoenix Wright I mean technically it's my dad's last name so it's my family name...

I also love CSI but i hate dissections in biology and ironically biology is my best science. So I can't do that but I can work with criminals and cases as much as they do.
At an interview id make up some ******** like I've always wanted to help society in something I'm good at or I was inspired by lawyers and ****.
No it's not the only reason but the reason I started thinking about law was because my step mum was telling me about it so I looked into it.

I also loved Phoenix Wright I mean technically it's my dad's last name so it's my family name...

I also love CSI but i hate dissections in biology and ironically biology is my best science. So I can't do that but I can work with criminals and cases as much as they do.

OH. That makes more sense. Wait, why can't you do it? If you're more passionate about it? I don't watch CSI but I assume you're referring to forensic science or a detective/policeman/woman? Does it involve a lot of dissection?

I LOVE biology!
At an interview id make up some ******** like I've always wanted to help society in something I'm good at or I was inspired by lawyers and ****.

I'd probably talk about why I want to study law as an academic subject, whilst trying to avoid cliched thoughts ("Law is all around us" etc).
OH. That makes more sense. Wait, why can't you do it? If you're more passionate about it? I don't watch CSI but I assume you're referring to forensic science or a detective/policeman/woman? Does it involve a lot of dissection?

I LOVE biology!

Same but I'm not taking it for A level, I'd need it if I wanted to do forensics even in a basic uni
I'd probably talk about why I want to study law as an academic subject, whilst trying to avoid cliched thoughts ("Law is all around us" etc).

There is ******** that I'm making up and then there's cliches. I'm imaganative.

Also for forensics I'll need a good grade in Chemistry and I suck at chemistry :frown:
Same but I'm not taking it for A level, I'd need it if I wanted to do forensics even in a basic uni

Why aren't you taking it, then? I mean, if you wanted, you can always swap on results day.
What you think you've got:
a mix of As and A*s, maybe a B

Predicted grades:
7A* 5A
What you've actually got:

How are you feeling about results day?
Not too good, don't really know what to predict

How are you going to open your results?
at school, i have to enroll for sixth form at the same time :frown: don't want to open them around a lot of people though

What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)
biology, chemistry, maths and RS (AS only)

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)
Nope..
There is ******** that I'm making up and then there's cliches. I'm imaganative.

Also for forensics I'll need a good grade in Chemistry and I suck at chemistry :frown:

But if you're passionate about it, then you'll be motivated to work hard and thus get the grades. Not to sound derogatory, but isn't forensic science offered at universities that give out low offers anyway? I mean, you sound erudite to me, so I think it's doable! :smile:
Original post by jazz_xox_
What you think you've got:
a mix of As and A*s, maybe a B

Predicted grades:
7A* 5A
What you've actually got:

How are you feeling about results day?
Not too good, don't really know what to predict

How are you going to open your results?
at school, i have to enroll for sixth form at the same time :frown: don't want to open them around a lot of people though

What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)
biology, chemistry, maths and RS (AS only)

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)
Nope..

The same as me for a level choices, except maths! What are you planning on doing after? :smile:
Original post by nwmyname
No No my full GCSEs.
I didn't do IGCSEs.
I only use it to give assured hope to others, not as a bragging right.

Oh right. I didn't think you were bragging btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why aren't you taking it, then? I mean, if you wanted, you can always swap on results day.

Because I know I will struggle with it, even though I like science and am in set 1, I don't see myself taking it at A level. In my school to take biology you need A in Biology and 2 B's in the other sciences and I'll be lucky to even get a C in Chemistry.
Because I know I will struggle with it, even though I like science and am in set 1, I don't see myself taking it at A level. In my school to take biology you need A in Biology and 2 B's in the other sciences and I'll be lucky to even get a C in Chemistry.

Ah, I see. But if you do satisfy the requirements will you take it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest