The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by francis_e_c
The same as me for a level choices, except maths! What are you planning on doing after? :smile:

Twins! I think I'm wanting to do a medicine or biomedical science degree, what about you?
Are you doing RS too, if so do you know what exam board and which religions you are doing next year? :smile:
Ah, I see. But if you do satisfy the requirements will you take it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know. I guess I'll talk to my mum about it.

Now I'm looking it up...gah what have you done to me?😂 But thank you
Original post by jazz_xox_
Twins! I think I'm wanting to do a medicine or biomedical science degree, what about you?
Are you doing RS too, if so do you know what exam board and which religions you are doing next year? :smile:

I wanted to do medicine, but completely switched to law and swapped maths for history!

OCR. My school calls it Philosophy & Ethics, but on paper it is RS. For the third component, I think we study Christianity. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ExoIceCream99
I don't know. I guess I'll talk to my mum about it.

Now I'm looking it up...gah what have you done to me?😂 But thank you

Well, it's better to be cautiously optimistic than completely pessimistic. 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wanted to do medicine, but completely switched to law and swapped maths for history!

OCR. My school calls it Philosophy & Ethics, but on paper it is RS. For the third component, I think we study Christianity. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah sounds good! Law sounds interesting but I never took history further than year 9 and didn't enjoy it so much. Yes I'm doing OCR too- Christianity and Judaism. I've looked for find the specification but haven't found it, but someone on here told me that it is a new specification for us anyway. :smile:
Ah sounds good! Law sounds interesting but I never took history further than year 9 and didn't enjoy it so much. Yes I'm doing OCR too- Christianity and Judaism. I've looked for find the specification but haven't found it, but someone on here told me that it is a new specification for us anyway. :smile:

Yeah the new specification only has like one component where you study a religion in depth. I'm most looking forward to the Philosophy of Religion aspect. Gotta love some Analogy of the Cave. 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah the new specification only has like one component where you study a religion in depth. I'm most looking forward to the Philosophy of Religion aspect. Gotta love some Analogy of the Cave. 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh yes, me too! I loved RS at GCSE too, so I'm expecting to like it at a-level. What GCSE results are you expecting?
Ahh yes, me too! I loved RS at GCSE too, so I'm expecting to like it at a-level. What GCSE results are you expecting?

I hated it at GCSE. It wasn't detailed enough. Plus I'm in atheist LOL. I'm expecting an A* in it. It was too easy, and that's without any revision, bar key words - not that I'm bragging.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wanna talk too but at midnight if anyone is still here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 989
Omg strolling out from school is really good plan. I'm going to do same thing✌🏽️ If I got good grades then I'm going back to school and if I didn't I'm gonna go home. God I'm so nervous 😥😥😥
I hated it at GCSE. It wasn't detailed enough. Plus I'm in atheist LOL. I'm expecting an A* in it. It was too easy, and that's without any revision, bar key words - not that I'm bragging.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahah I guess it would be different for an atheist too! I get what you mean about the lack of detail but I liked the topics. Yeah I'm expecting A* too hopefully, but I did think that some of the 12 markers were quite odd without much discussion areas.
Why midnight you need sleep?

I struggle to sleep, I don't sleep usually till like 6am

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz
I struggle to sleep, I don't sleep usually till like 6am

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phone usuage at night increases insomnia.
Phone usuage at night increases insomnia.

Hmm I use my phone every night, oh well.. I find the time useful instead of sleeping I'm doing research usually so it's beneficial and to be honest it doesn't affect me any how, well not that I notice anyway
Even on exam days I had like 4hours sleep.. But everyone different

Plus if I do become an IB sometimes work finishes at 2am so it's good practice I guess Lol, I don't know

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guess but too little sleep is dangerous at our age. My half brothers the same as you or he used to be really bad not so bad now.
I guess but too little sleep is dangerous at our age. My half brothers the same as you or he used to be really bad not so bad now.

Yeh I heard, but I cbb to change ; sleeping early is boring. Hopefully nothing bad happens to me. I've been getting 6-7 hours sleep on the holidays so that's a decent amount cuz I wake up at like 12-2 pm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone, I've been watching this thread for a while and as results day is getting closer I thought it was about time to officially join it

What you think you've got:
(See below)

Predicted grades:
11A* 1A (NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN - my school highly over predicted my grades purely based on CATS tests 🙄)

What you've actually got:
*TBA*

How are you feeling about results day?
Ok, I'm not sure what to expect.

How are you going to open your results?
Either with my friends or with my mum in her car.

What A levels are you doing?
Maths, Government and Politics, Biology and Economics (I hope to do Law at uni).

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)
Na. But I'll probably watch a ton of videos of people opening their results.
(edited 7 years ago)

midnight is when the real banter on this thread starts

got like five different people on countdown duty (sahil's always first) and then even more people commenting on how close results day is

no one's gonna be sleeping the night before lmao
Original post by lonyeka
Hey everyone, I've been watching this thread for a while and as results day is getting closer I thought it was about time to officially join it

What you think you've got:
(See below)

Predicted grades:
11A* 1A (NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN - my school highly over predicted my grades purely based on CATS tests 🙄)

What you've actually got:
*TBA*

How are you feeling about results day?
Ok, I'm not sure what to expect.

How are you going to open your results?
Either with my friends or with my mum in her car.

What A levels are you doing?
Maths, Government and Politics, Biology and Economics (I hope to do Law at uni).

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)
Na. But I'll probably watch a ton of videos of people opening their results.

😂Welcome, good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile