The Student Room Group

Gentleman a curse ?

Do Gentlemen get more trust issues when it comes to relationships, because they're friends with everyone and easily get girls attention?

May be a bold statement/question but just wondering, because my boyfriend is someone like that and is helpful and well mannered and he is known as "everyone's friend" but not sure if that can effect the relationship as girls will want him because his perfect, and the difference between how he treats them and me is not that clear, because he gives attention to those that need his help.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Do Gentlemen get more trust issues when it comes to relationships, because they're friends with everyone and easily get girls attention?

May be a bold statement/question but just wondering, because my boyfriend is someone like that and is helpful and well mannered and he is known as "everyone's friend" but not sure if that can effect the relationship as girls will want him because his perfect, and the difference between how he treats them and me is not that clear, because he gives attention to those that need his help.

They more caring, and will NEVER cheat.
Reply 2

This just reads like complete BS to me. What is your definition of a "gentleman"? Most people would interpret the kind of person you've just described as a beta male who is permanently stuck in the friend zone. Girls don't want a "perfect" man - they want someone who is flawed but knows how to keep their attention. There's a difference between being everybody's friend and actually being attractive to girls/playing them/holding their attention. A real man isn't afraid to tell other people to **** off and/or make a few enemies as long as he has his own values to stand by. Being helpful and well-mannered to a girl doesn't get a guy anywhere - so if you're concerned about having to compete with other girls for his attention, you have nothing to worry about. I don't know why you even find someone like that attractive in the first place.
Original post by asif007
This just reads like complete BS to me. What is your definition of a "gentleman"? Most people would interpret the kind of person you've just described as a beta male who is permanently stuck in the friend zone. Girls don't want a "perfect" man - they want someone who is flawed but knows how to keep their attention. There's a difference between being everybody's friend and actually being attractive to girls/playing them/holding their attention. A real man isn't afraid to tell other people to **** off and/or make a few enemies as long as he has his own values to stand by. Being helpful and well-mannered to a girl doesn't get a guy anywhere - so if you're concerned about having to compete with other girls for his attention, you have nothing to worry about. I don't know why you even find someone like that attractive in the first place.

Most people don't care about the alpha/beta BS so I don't know where you would get that impression.
I don't know why you think that most women are masochists but that's not the way it usually goes
Reply 4
Original post by venetiaan
Most people don't care about the alpha/beta BS so I don't know where you would get that impression.
I don't know why you think that most women are masochists but that's not the way it usually goes

Actually, the older you get, the more you'll realise the bro life and alpha/beta theory actually works and is all 100% true. You're probably still at a stage in your life where you think being nice to a girl gets you into a relationship and helps your relationship work: it doesn't. Everybody finds out the truth eventually when they get to uni and beyond. You can deny it all you want, you're only lying to yourself.

First paragraph would be a no, inless you can give some reasonable explanation.

Dont know what you mean in the 2nd paragpahp, but will go for no.
Original post by asif007
Actually, the older you get, the more you'll realise the bro life and alpha/beta theory actually works and is all 100% true. You're probably still at a stage in your life where you think being nice to a girl gets you into a relationship and helps your relationship work: it doesn't. Everybody finds out the truth eventually when they get to uni and beyond. You can deny it all you want, you're only lying to yourself.

I'm pretty sure that I know what I like. I have never been attracted to anyone who treats me like ****. If anyone started saying **** like that I'd probably start backing away instead of being attracted to them.
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
First paragraph would be a no, inless you can give some reasonable explanation.

Dont know what you mean in the 2nd paragpahp, but will go for no.

It's pretty much like going out of his way because he cares and holds friendship highly and is interested in making new friends and they just happen to be female friends. But, when that correlates to a relationship with someone and that, it will evoke jealous and uncertainty to if what he's doing is because she's special or just like everyone else...
Reply 8
Original post by ckfeister
They more caring, and will NEVER cheat.

I know but kinda hard if they like to go out of their way for friends and also don't know that it can be translated as affection or interest for other girls.
It's pretty much like going out of his way because he cares and holds friendship highly and is interested in making new friends and they just happen to be female friends. But, when that correlates to a relationship with someone and that, it will evoke jealous and uncertainty to if what he's doing is because she's special or just like everyone else...

Read it multuple times and still dont understand what you are trying to say.

Do men have trust issues?

Some do and some dont.

Are they worse in a relationship? Well obviously that involves a different level, but I cnat see why it should make a difference. they are either a trusting person or they are not. Nothing to do with being male.
Original post by 999tigger
Read it multuple times and still dont understand what you are trying to say.

Do men have trust issues?

Some do and some dont.

Are they worse in a relationship? Well obviously that involves a different level, but I cnat see why it should make a difference. they are either a trusting person or they are not. Nothing to do with being male.

Fair enough, I'm just questioning whether the blur/attention they give to everyone specifically women compared to their girlfriends will cause an issue? And whether it is/is not a common thing/ struggle for Gentleman... aka nice guys if to put it bluntly
Fair enough, I'm just questioning whether the blur/attention they give to everyone specifically women compared to their girlfriends will cause an issue? And whether it is/is not a common thing/ struggle for Gentleman... aka nice guys if to put it bluntly

Cause an issue for whom? the gf?

Not sure why its got anything to do with the bf. Why would he have trust issues with the gf? Its hard to see what you are going on about. Are you using the right words?
Reply 12
Original post by asif007

Hahaha, "the older you get" = "when they get to uni and beyond." Sorry, it's still basically high school. When you've been in the big wide world for 10 years and up, you can come back and discuss your "bro life" theories (hint: you won't).
Original post by asif007

you literally described the 14-year-old me and then me at 16 and beyond
so yes this is the reality the only bit you miss was about wealth, assets and earning potential but you hit it on the head otherwise
Original post by Sorani
Hahaha, "the older you get" = "when they get to uni and beyond." Sorry, it's still basically high school. When you've been in the big wide world for 10 years and up, you can come back and discuss your "bro life" theories (hint: you won't).

Haha, so you can see the future now? I promise you I'll be living by the bro code for the rest of my life - which means hustling and ****ing as many girls as I can get. As I say on here a lot: these hoes ain't loyal, they rotate.
Original post by asif007
Haha, so you can see the future now? I promise you I'll be living by the bro code for the rest of my life - which means hustling and ****ing as many girls as I can get. As I say on here a lot: these hoes ain't loyal, they rotate.

Good for you. Ever thought that not everyone wants to be ****ing around their whole lives?
You can live your life any way you want to but it doesn't mean that you're better than other people.
You have to accept that if you are going to be in a relationship with someone who is attractive, sociable and ambitious then other people will want to be with them, will try and steal them from you and will flirt with them. That says nothing about your partners behaviour, that's all you should be interested in, dont cause tension in the relationship over it. Many people can't handle it, and prefer a relationship with someone much more average who they don't worry will leave them.
Good for you. Ever thought that not everyone wants to be ****ing around their whole lives?
You can live your life any way you want to but it doesn't mean that you're better than other people.

Actually I think it does. A real man is self-sufficient and doesn't need a woman for anything other than sex. I pity all those betas who scramble around desperate for relationships and only determine their self-worth by what others think of them. I on the other hand am proud to call myself a bro - all I'm concerned about is making gains and ****ing *******. Bros 4 lyf :biggrin:
Original post by asif007
Actually I think it does. A real man is self-sufficient and doesn't need a woman for anything other than sex. I pity all those betas who scramble around desperate for relationships and only determine their self-worth by what others think of them. I on the other hand am proud to call myself a bro - all I'm concerned about is making gains and ****ing *******. Bros 4 lyf :biggrin:

Can you not accept that not everyone thinks they way you do?! You might only care about ****ing but not everyone does. Someone mighg be dreaming of having a family and someone else of being a ****ing austronaut. The fact that you only care about ****ing and money does nit make you better.
Hitler thought that killing Jews was the right thing to do. He really believed in it. That diesn't make him right however.

Edit: there is also no definition for a " real man". Its all in your mind.
(edited 7 years ago)
Can you not accept that not everyone thinks they way you do?! You might only care about ****ing but not everyone does. Someone mighg be dreaming of having a family and someone else of being a ****ing austronaut. The fact that you only care about ****ing and money does nit make you better.
Hitler thought that killing Jews was the right thing to do. He really believed in it. That diesn't make him right however.

Edit: there is also no definition for a " real man". Its all in your mind.

Each to their own. But you're getting a bit worked up comparing me to Hitler, don't you think? Lol :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending