The Student Room Group

Is transgendered toilets our future?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BRONZEMEDAL1
Is this not a moral crisis we see ahead of ourselves?

Does anybody on student room have any reservations, would you go out to protest at parliament if this became our reality?

No. It would be progressive.
Original post by abc:)
Personally I have no problem with this at all. All women welcome in any loos I might visit, no matter what your gender was at birth! I'm more busy sitting on the loo than noticing if someone is transgender.

I also like the idea of unisex toilets, as some people don't identify as just one or the other and don't like making a huge personal decision just because they need to pee.

However, although I think there should be more unisex toilets, I think these should be alongside gendered toilets, as some people (myself included) prefer to have some privacy from the other sex in toilets.

if a man zipped up as he was leaving the cubicle, your daughter sees this, you wouldn't mind? Would you allow your future daughter into the toilets alone? I highly doubt it.
Original post by Platopus
No. It would be progressive.

Where does Progress stop?
Where does it end?
Reply 43
Original post by SmallTownGirl
I have protested that toilets are unnecessarily gendered and should all be gender-neutral.

Hmmm... see my post above, I fully support people using the toilet which matches what they feel is their gender, as well as there being more unisex toilets, but personally although I've used both I do prefer to use women's toilets, so I wouldn't want to see all gendered toilets removed in favour of gender neutral ones. Is this what you mean?
Where does Progress stop?
Where does it end?

Hopefully, it won't end until discrimination has been eliminated.
Reply 45
if a man zipped up as he was leaving the cubicle, your daughter sees this, you wouldn't mind? Would you allow your future daughter into the toilets alone? I highly doubt it.

Er.... most people zip up inside the cubicle, regardless of gender. I'd find it a bit odd seeing anybody zip up outside the cubicle.
If they have to have gender neutral toilets make sure there is a male and female one that is for biological males/females
They would have to incorporate that into some statute because that would be very expensive, it was a palaver with disabled toilets being incorporated everywhere and ramps for access, I'm not dissing disabilities, I'm saying it's a massive effort.

It would be a massive effort, and a waste of money.

They should honestly pull themselves together. Its not a big deal.

Does anybody on student room have any reservations, would you go out to protest at parliament if this became our reality?

If 'Chris ' were male and transgender (became female) 'Chris' should be allowed to use female toilets. Thats my opinion :smile: people should be more accepting.
Just go in whatever gender's toilet you consider yourself to be. In France female cleaners will mop round the urinal while you're using it without giving a ****.
Pedos are a growing trend. Keep up with the trends, my friend. I'm being a socially responsible person for caring about the kids and vulnerable members of our society, we will regret it, heed this warning. We'd be reading the Daily Mail thinking WTF.

No it isn't it's just started getting reported now. The church has been doing it for centuries.
There are quite a few gender neutral toilets in london clubs. I think it should be implemented in pubs and other 18+ places.

I personally do not like the idea of a grown man in a cubicle next to lets say my future daughter. Idk it doesnt feel right to me. I'd always be worried to let her go on her own. I don't mean to generalise all men here i do apologise.

I would never have a problem with transgender people. I think we should have womens, mens and neutral toilets (neutral just to help cover the spectrum, and womens and mens because they are most common). But if transgender people want to use the other toilets then i think thats also perfectly acceptable.
Wouldn't it be a better idea to allow transgendered people (if not able or comfortable enough to use M or F) to use the disabled toilets. Both groups a relative minority compared to the users of the other toilets.

Also, excuse my ignorance, but if you are transgender, changed or not the only indication of the sex you do not identify with is your private part, which no one would know about. From what i believe (i live remote UK) transgender people, changed or not, tend to dress to the gender they identify and feel comfortable with. So using mainstream toilets how are others to know that they say for instance are using the female loos but have a penis? So there would be no objection? Plus a lot of people wouldn't have a problem (myself included) sharing a bathroom with a transgender person

What i do have a problem with is sharing it with men. We see how some (not all men) behave in public spaces towards certain women (catcalling, groping), god forbid i ever be in a public toilet alone with that kind of man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

.... go back to your cave
Original post by LillyB14
Wouldn't it be a better idea to allow transgendered people (if not able or comfortable enough to use M or F) to use the disabled toilets. Both groups a relative minority compared to the users of the other toilets.

The issue, as played out in American politics and the wider press, is not transgender people being caught with no where to go, but with ignorant bigots kicking up a fuss about the fact that transgender women (born men) are using women's facilities and are therefore just perverts in skirts looking to molest women in the act. As it were.

This is naturally complete rubbish. I note that more and more, public conveniences in the UK are becoming unisex and rightly so. There is no issue with it and neither should there be.
I don't get why we don't just have unisex toilets.
There are already gender neutral toilets. The disabled ones.

This is not an issue.what a waste of time and money it would be.

Plus, women take forever to go. It would be a nightmare.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MeYou2Night
There are already gender neutral toilets. The disabled ones.

Those are for disabled people.
I'm all for LGBT rights. however, as a teenage girl, would no way feel safe sharing a toilet with adult men. I also believe this could increase sex crimes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PQ
Those are for disabled people.

Yeah I know...and they're gender neutral so. transgenders can go there or wait until they get home if they're so undecided what gender they are. If they've changed to a man go in the men's and vice versa. This is not an issue. It's the PC brigade kicking up a fuss again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending