The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bananapeeler
meditation is key, the whole reason you're thinking at night is because you distracted yourself with vines and other random stuff all day so you didn't have time to reflect on your own life

For me that's the whole reason why I don't think at night :lol: but fairs, I guess I do my 'reflecting' during the day whilst walking to work. :hide: how important it is.. I dunno. If it comes to the point where you're just 'reflecting' by reliving bad experiences or worrying about results then that's probably not good anyway.
If I get AAA at AS what do you think my teachers will most likely predict me for A2?
Original post by SeanFM
For me that's the whole reason why I don't think at night :lol: but fairs, I guess I do my 'reflecting' during the day whilst walking to work. :hide: how important it is.. I dunno. If it comes to the point where you're just 'reflecting' by reliving bad experiences or worrying about results then that's probably not good anyway.

It's more calming and refreshing than focused reflection (for me), I usually meditate for 10-15 minutes just to relax - then I take a walk and think through anything I feel I should. Just meant I wasnt preoccupied about random stuff when I go to bed but thats just me.
Original post by OGFakiie
If I get AAA at AS what do you think my teachers will most likely predict me for A2?

Depends on the Marks i think.
In my school if you very close to 90 or above you get predicted the A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Depends on the Marks i think.
In my school if you very close to 90 or above you get predicted the A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

safe

Depends on the school and teachers as well as marks. I got 192/200 in my AS Sociology and was only predicted an A (which I needed 2 mid Cs to get) because my school was new and didn't want to look bad by predicting higher than the student got...though the A and B in my other subjects will shock them when it's a C and D :tongue:

In my school how they did it was if your UMS % in AS was over 90% they would predict you an A* if it wasn't they'd predict you an A
Original post by Pinkberry_y
In my school how they did it was if your UMS % in AS was over 90% they would predict you an A* if it wasn't they'd predict you an A

If only my school were that intuitive loool our teachers defo just made it up as they went along xD
Reply 4268
Original post by heyit'sme
Hey guys it's me :redface:, basically i know you guys are doing A levels, i'm doing GCSE and getting mine on the 25th. I wanted to ask for your opinion on how you guys will feel if this was GCSE results day - what would your thoughts be compared to getting your A level results. I heard there's somewhat of a jump from the two and would appreciate any replies that i get. thnx.

For me, GCSE results wasn't too bad tbh, I got a little freaked out but honestly I was never in much doubt that I'd got the grades I needed for sixth form (especially as I'd taken maths in november and already had one A* under my belt).

AS results last year was worse (although with the changes I doubt this will be as bad for students in the coming years) as a) I'd decided I'd done badly in everything and b) I knew these results would affect my uni applications and like my entire future.. I ended up totally freaked out and a teacher ended up having to open the envelope for me (hilarious in hindsight as this teacher knew I'd got 4As)

This year, I'm honestly pretty chill. I messed up one exam pretty badly but, having done well in coursework, I'd need a U in it to miss my insurance offer (ABB), my other two subjects went okay so I'm a good 99.9% sure that there are only two ways results day can go for me - firm and insurance (although insurance is probably more likely). I'm happy with both unis and confident that I won't be in clearing, which has taken a lot of pressure off me tbh

However looking at some of the replies on this thread, I'm definitely one of the lucky ones and most people are decidedly not "pretty chill" about result day aha
Original post by coolgamer
Hey kings might be lenient with abb if they are in clearing. I know a friend that got in for chem with abb and she needed aab.
How do you know ppll got into qmul with ccd did it happen last year?? Qmul is my firm and i think i got a D

Hey, yeah my friend got in I think her offer was ABB for Biochem but she got CCD and the D was in Chemistry lol so I really don't know, you stand good chances for QMUL! What is the course you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by patricio_miguel
I honestly feel like I have no Plan B ...

If I f' up - I'll just have to reapply...ain't my ass going Birmingham 😭😭😭

Anyone else reapplying i.e. regrets their insurance choice?

I don't regret my insurance choice, but I've become so used to the idea of going to my firm and so happy about it that my insurance, even though I like it, kinda sucks.
Original post by milutin767
Hey, yeah my friend got in I think her offer was ABB for Biochem but she got CCD and the D was in Chemistry lol so I really don't know, you stand good chances for QMUL! What is the course you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow so they really accepted her with a d in chem this was last year right?
Neuroscience i need abb but feel i got a d for chem 😭
About 3 days ago, my firm sent me an email about accommodation plans and I'm wondering if that's a good sign of me getting in considering they already have my grades and surely wouldn't need to send anything to me if they rejected me. I guess it wouldn't hurt to be optimistic (and then get crushed after :colonhash: )

What do you guys think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4273
Original post by milutin767

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely that's a troll. 5 grades down and missing in a key subject... Unless her entire family died in a car crash just before exams I can't imagine mitigating circumstances that servere
Anyone who did AS's in these subjects? If so predicted grade boundaries anyone?

Edexcel Maths(C1,C2,S1)
C1 - A - 60
C2 - A - 63
S1 - 58
OCR A Physics (Breadth/Depth)
Breadth - A - 50
Depth - A - 55
AQA Computer Science
Paper 1 - Not sure
Paper 2 Not sure
Reply 4275
Original post by Leechayy
About 3 days ago, my firm sent me an email about accommodation plans and I'm wondering if that's a good sign of me getting in considering they already have my grades and surely wouldn't need to send anything to me if they rejected me. I guess it wouldn't hurt to be optimistic (and then get crushed after :colonhash: )

What do you guys think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 days ago??? So Thursday? If so they didn't have your grades then and it means nothing.
Original post by Leechayy

What do you guys think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

These are usually generic emails sent to everyone holding an offer at the university at this point, yes the universities have your grades but there will be a lot of people who are close to the grades required but just missed out and they need to decide whether to accept them or not.

I got tonnes of generic emails like this during this time, and everyone got them, even one person I know who got rejected. It could be a good sign but try not to get your hopes up to much about it.
Anyone know when the grade boundaries come out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Natalierm2707
These are usually generic emails sent to everyone holding an offer at the university at this point, yes the universities have your grades but there will be a lot of people who are close to the grades required but just missed out and they need to decide whether to accept them or not.

I got tonnes of generic emails like this during this time, and everyone got them, even one person I know who got rejected. It could be a good sign but try not to get your hopes up to much about it.

That sounds about right tbh :tongue:
I'm just clinging onto any shed of hope right now

Posted from TSR Mobile
My college let me choose my own predicted grades. I don't know why lol
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest