The Student Room Group

Can I request to see my UCAS reference?

So I've already applied via UCAS for this September and have firm & conditional offers etc. I was just wondering if it's possible to read what my referee actually said about me to the Uni's via UCAS? I read online that I am technically allowed to under Data Protection Law (?) but how do you go about doing that? Not for anything important- I'm just curious lol
Original post by WannaBMedStudent
So I've already applied via UCAS for this September and have firm & conditional offers etc. I was just wondering if it's possible to read what my referee actually said about me to the Uni's via UCAS? I read online that I am technically allowed to under Data Protection Law (?) but how do you go about doing that? Not for anything important- I'm just curious lol

Yes, you can ask UCAS to show it to you. It used to cost £10 but I think it's gone up.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Yes, you can ask UCAS to show it to you. It used to cost £10 but I think it's gone up.

Thanks! Do I have to do this on UCAS Track?
Of course you can, just ask your teacher if you can see it. In my school before sending it off, our teachers would show us their references. Even after they've sent it off though, they can still show you. No need to pay any money to UCAS, just ask your teacher :smile:
Original post by WannaBMedStudent
Thanks! Do I have to do this on UCAS Track?

Don't think it's on there. Call them up.
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Of course you can, just ask your teacher if you can see it. In my school before sending it off, our teachers would show us their references. Even after they've sent it off though, they can still show you. No need to pay any money to UCAS, just ask your teacher :smile:

Thanks! Emailed her to find out :smile:
Original post by Pinkberry_y

Good point. I assumed that OP wasn't in the position of being able to do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending