The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
I've pretty much forgotten how STEP marking works and what the questions were, but. :tongue:

4/5
6/7
6-8
3-5

Thanks, whether this is overly generous or not you've bagged me a couple easier sleeps at night . I had another dumb dream last night where I checked my marks and somehow I got a decent 1 on III but I ended up with a 2 somehow on II. It felt so real tho cus i even had to log on with my correct candidate number.
Reply 2721
Original post by EnglishMuon
somehow I got a decent 1 on III but I ended up with a 2 somehow on II.

You dreamt about me mate #nohomo
Original post by Zacken
You dreamt about me mate #nohomo

haha well I hope not for multiple reasons XD
I registered this afternoon. I am beginning to feel a bit nervous now...
Original post by 16Characters....
I registered this afternoon. I am beginning to feel a bit nervous now...

Yeah me too. Mostly cus it means so much, but still not enjoying the wait. How are u spending ur time?
Original post by EnglishMuon
Yeah me too. Mostly cus it means so much, but still not enjoying the wait. How are u spending ur time?

I've spent the summer programming. How about you?
I've spent the summer programming. How about you?

Wot programmes you been watching.
I watched prison break earlier in last month but thats it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2727
I swear, everybody has been more productive this summer than I have been. I guess that's why I'm the one getting rejected. :rofl:
Original post by physicsmaths
Wot programmes you been watching.
I watched prison break earlier in last month but thats it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Been watching tutorials for the C programming language.
Original post by Zacken
I swear, everybody has been more productive this summer than I have been. I guess that's why I'm the one getting rejected. :rofl:

ok

C? Damn, cool fam. Are you gonna learn C++ after that? My first language is C++, and I always get nostalgic feelings when I see some C/C++ code, haha.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Why C?

C is for OGs. But I get what you mean. I, myself, prefer Python/Java since they are newer than C/C++ and thus easier to write with.

Oh kl.
ive been programming my Ps4 controller by turning it on and playing for 6 hours then eating and then olaying for another 6 hrs. G unit represent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh kl.
ive been programming my Ps4 controller by turning it on and playing for 6 hours then eating and then olaying for another 6 hrs. G unit represent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did something similar by downloading an emulator on my phone and playing a **** load of Pokemon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Insight314
C? Damn, cool fam. Are you gonna learn C++ after that? My first language is C++, and I always get nostalgic feelings when I see some C/C++ code, haha.

Original post by Mathemagicien
Why C?

C++ was my first language actually. I came back to programming this summer, having been distracted by STEP this year. I needed to review the more advanced stuff I had known before this year, but I happened upon the Warwick website and found that in later years they use C. This got me thinking about C so I decided to have a look at it.

Oh kl.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep that's one good way to spend the summer.
Can I register now?
Can I register now?

Go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

wish me luck fam
wish me luck fam

Everybody gets one bro, you probs wanna save it for the 17th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drandy76
Everybody gets one bro, you probs wanna save it for the 17th