The Student Room Group

I decided against free university education in Germany, now pay 9k a year, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by searaga
Awful, I'll go back as soon as possible to germany to finish my master in economics, and then stay in germany

If you do your Masters right after your Bachelors you really haven't understood how these degrees are designed. But few people in Germany have...
Original post by searaga
Studying Economics at UEA in Norwich

Seeing that tuition is capped at the same amount everywhere, why are you going to such a crap uni in the middle of nowhere?
Reply 22
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
yh good luck :smile:

In the following short essay I shall argue that the following three names: CAP-ALDI,
The WhoDoc and Pearliee are most suitable in naming a dinosaur of the species "Tyrannosaurus rex"
The first name "CAP-ALDI" is amazing for the following reasons:
For someone who likes Doctor Who and Aldi it combines both of these into a powerful double name which does not allow people to doubt the almighty of its owner. However the possiblity still remains that two names will not emphasize enough the individual reference of each part, which could lead to a misunderstanding in the initial comparison.
The second name is a direct reference to Doctor Who, and especially predesigned for those who do not approve the first name for the reason that they prefer asda over aldi. On the contrary, someone who is fond of Aldi might still prefer the first name.
Pearliee as the last name, is a wonderful name assuming the T-Rex is a female exemplar, (since you did not specify the gender of the T-Rex, I assume that this is also allowed). A direct reference to the newest companion of Doctor Who this name is beautiful for the double e on its end, which creates a harmonic melodic sound. It is easy to pronounce, and a beautiful reference to the word "Pearl".
Someone who does not like pearls might hate the name.
Reply 23
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Sure, because student life in bloody Norwich is soooo much more vibrant than in Berlin, Hamburg, Frankfurt, or Munich!

I have been to all these places, visitied the universities, they are amazing for students who do not mind not having societies, or a campus community..
Reply 24
If you do your Masters right after your Bachelors you really haven't understood how these degrees are designed. But few people in Germany have...

Dude, you are just being annoying now, it seems like you have no idea how a Masters is designed in Germany.., so please do not comment anymore..
Reply 25
Seeing that tuition is capped at the same amount everywhere, why are you going to such a crap uni in the middle of nowhere?

I had my personal reasons for going there..., you call it crap, what are you studying and where??
Original post by searaga
title^

So you're basically like the rest of us except you turned down something that most people don't get. K. Probably for the best anyway considering how the female German population are getting raped and harassed whilst their police tries to cover it up (only when it's done by the migrants). It's basically a free pass over there right now.
What are you hoping to be once you have finished university?
Reply 28
Original post by JoshDawg
So you're basically like the rest of us except you turned down something that most people don't get. K. Probably for the best anyway considering how the female German population are getting raped and harassed whilst their police tries to cover it up (only when it's done by the migrants). It's basically a free pass over there right now.

You talk utter rubbish.
Reply 29
Original post by 99_Problems
What are you hoping to be once you have finished university?

I plan on going into Finance/Consulting, still deciding
Original post by searaga
I had my personal reasons for going there..., you call it crap, what are you studying and where??

Long done with studying. Check my signature.
I live in Finland and am hoping to do the same :redface: how did your parents react to the financial aspect of you studying in the UK? Or didn't they care as long as you pay it yourself etc?
So you're basically like the rest of us except you turned down something that most people don't get. K.

Yep, something you lot will never get. Also, are you looking forward to being unemployed after graduating because your shite economy will be in yet another recession?

Probably for the best anyway considering how the female German population are getting raped and harassed whilst their police tries to cover it up (only when it's done by the migrants). It's basically a free pass over there right now.

Sure, the entire female population... there hasn't been ONE documented case of rape my refugees. And at least we are doing the RIGHT thing and helping people fleeing from war and violence. How many refugees are YOU lot taking in? Yeah, right. P-O-S.
Original post by searaga
title^

You're a ****ing nutter.

Who has 27k to throw away?!?!

German universities are great too!

SS
Reply 34
Long done with studying. Check my signature.

Frankfurt Goethe University, wow,
very funny how you take the right to call a university crap, even though in an earlier thread you said: "
See, I did my most recent degree at one of the worst-ranked universities in the UK with absolutely no prestige. But I picked the right course, with the right units, the right course director, and I kicked ass at it. My Bachelor's, my previous work experience and some other factors might have helped, but I am already more successful now than you -and some Oxbridge graduates- will ever be.

University 'prestige' is a moderately effective crutch people need who don't have much else going for them. "

Are you not too old for TSR?
Reply 35
Original post by Supersaps
You're a ****ing nutter.

Who has 27k to throw away?!?!

German universities are great too!

SS

They are, I agree, you can argue about 27k, I believe that it is not too hard to repay, if you do well at university, especially after a masters.
Reply 36
Original post by StationToStation
I live in Finland and am hoping to do the same :redface: how did your parents react to the financial aspect of you studying in the UK? Or didn't they care as long as you pay it yourself etc?

Their reaction wasn't amazing. They accepted it, but of course I feel some sort of pressure to perform well in order to get a good job and repay the loan, but I believe that this pressure is what keeps me motivated and is what I needed myself.
Original post by searaga
Frankfurt Goethe University, wow,
very funny how you take the right to call a university crap, even though in an earlier thread you said: "
See, I did my most recent degree at one of the worst-ranked universities in the UK with absolutely no prestige. But I picked the right course, with the right units, the right course director, and I kicked ass at it. My Bachelor's, my previous work experience and some other factors might have helped, but I am already more successful now than you -and some Oxbridge graduates- will ever be.

University 'prestige' is a moderately effective crutch people need who don't have much else going for them. "

If you go to a university lacking prestige it should be at least in the center of a bustling metropolis - not in a shithole like Norwich. That's my point.

Also: nice stalking there.

Original post by searaga

Are you not too old for TSR?

Nah, never too old to tell naive kiddies how they're hurting their career.
Reply 38
If you go to a university lacking prestige it should be at least in the center of a bustling metropolis - not in a shithole like Norwich. That's my point.

Also: nice stalking there.

Nah, never too old to tell naive kiddies how they're hurting their career.

Please go.
Are you going to the LCR returners? I am :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest