The Student Room Group

is it actually really hard to get straight a stars at gcse?

I'm just about to start year 11 and my predicted grades are all a's and a stars so if i study a lot is it possible to get 11 a stars????
Its not as difficult as you think it might be.
Of course its possible :smile: you don't have to study loads to get them as well.
Just gotta be smart on how you work.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sahara198913
I'm just about to start year 11 and my predicted grades are all a's and a stars so if i study a lot is it possible to get 11 a stars????

I missed a year of school during my GCSE years because I was critically ill, didn't start revision until a week before my exams and got all A*s so no, it's not hard.
It's not easy, but it's definitely possible!

I got 9A*s, a few more hours of work in some of my weaker subjects and I could've got 12 :')
Original post by sahara198913

It definitely is possible, it's just that it's easier [to get an A*] in some subjects, than others. For example, a language would be a lot harder to nail than say, a humanities subject such as Geography, RS or History. (because, in a language, there is a lot more to it than just knowledge and technique)
Reply 5
Don't think so. I have pretty poor GCSEs by TSR standards lol, but that's largely because I didn't do many and didn't do sufficient work for several subjects. The ones I put a little bit of effort in I got high a*s in. So if you really want straight a*s, obviously put some effort into every subject; since you are predicted such grades you likely have the ability to not work too hard and do well anyway.
There's a few different factors involved, as I see it.

It's possible to get all A*s or many A*s. It's a contribution of your own hard work (internal factor) and things like low grade boundaries (external factor).
Reply 7
Original post by _gcx
It definitely is possible, it's just that it's easier [to get an A*] in some subjects, than others. For example, a language would be a lot harder to nail than say, a humanities subject such as Geography, RS or History. (because, in a language, there is a lot more to it than just knowledge and technique)

oh thats good since the only language i take is the one I'm fluent in! and i take humanities and economics! thanks!
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Don't think so. I have pretty poor GCSEs by TSR standards lol, but that's largely because I didn't do many and didn't do sufficient work for several subjects. The ones I put a little bit of effort in I got high a*s in. So if you really want straight a*s, obviously put some effort into every subject; since you are predicted such grades you likely have the ability to not work too hard and do well anyway.

7A*s and 2As? I would say that's quite exceptional, even by TSR standards.
Reply 9
Original post by Samii123
7A*s and 2As? I would say that's quite exceptional, even by TSR standards.

I was being a bit tongue in cheek, but there are certainly loads of people with better
Reply 10
Not difficult, my mate got straight A* grades even though all he did was play football manager all day of study leave. But in general, GCSE's aren't ridiculously easy, but they certainly aren't difficult. Just listen in class and you're good

Quick Reply

Latest