The Student Room Group

Short, fat and stuck

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieSmall
You'd lose weight eating just chocolate if you were under your TDEE, but it obviously wouldn't be healthy. But as I clearly said 3 posts ago "obviously in terms of health a varied healthy diet is important". So I'm really not sure why you are arguing against me. Are you just arguing for argument sake?

They're not doing the maths for the added food you're are eating on top of dietchef....that was my point. How many times do I have to say this? It's like talking to a brick wall.

If I'm only eating moderate amounts of low fat yogurt and grapes and broccoli then I don't Need to count. I would if I ate significantly more than what they gave me but I don't. My god it's like you're obsessed with calories. Get a grip, it's not healthy.
Original post by Anonymous
If I'm only eating moderate amounts of low fat yogurt and grapes and broccoli then I don't Need to count. I would if I ate significantly more than what they gave me but I don't. My god it's like you're obsessed with calories. Get a grip, it's not healthy.

How do you know what level of nutrition you are getting?
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
Polite or not, you don't listen. Apparently it doesn't work wonders.

So I have learnt in this thread.

OP seems to get very angry and start insulting people if they dare offer some constructive criticism.

Done with this thread now.

Looking forward to her next "I'm so fat woe is me" thread where she again refuses to take any advice, understand how weight works and again complain about "not being able to lose weight". While she frequently puts words into peoples mouths and purposefully misconstrues responses to her so she doesn't have to take any accountability for her actions.

With all due respect. How do you know you're eating moderate amounts? Considering the weight you have managed to get to and having "not been able" to lose weight in the past from "healthy eating" it's clear you have a skewed idea of how much food is moderate.
Original post by 999tigger
How do you know what level of nutrition you are getting?

She doesn't. Simple as that. Which is why she dances around these questions and insults people who question her or give advice.

Bye OP. Enjoy life.
Original post by jblackmoustache
You don't need cardio to lose fat. I carb cycle and hit weights and lost weight. Too much cardio is bad imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course you don't have to do cardio, but it helps massively. Everyone should do some form of cardio most days for health and fitness reasons if nothing,
She doesn't. Simple as that. Which is why she dances around these questions and insults people who question her or give advice.

Bye OP. Enjoy life.

Oh its the OP.

All i cna see is pay a lot for expensive microwave meals, dont bother about nutrition or learning about weight loss. havent seen anything about exercise .

If it works for her , then let her get on with it. Makes you wonder why she would need to start a thread about being stuck if she has all the answers.

OP seems to get very angry and start insulting people if they dare offer some constructive criticism.

Looking forward to her next "I'm so fat woe is me" thread where she again refuses to take any advice, understand how weight works and again complain about "not being able to lose weight". While she frequently puts words into peoples mouths and purposefully misconstrues responses to her so she doesn't have to take any accountability for her actions.

Yeah. I don't have any respect for people who don't listen, especially when they ask for advice.

You'd also be heavily deficient in most essential amino acids, fat soluble vitamins etc etc. The fact is if you're trying to lose weight counting calories and macro-nutrients is a great way of achieving consistent fat loss.

May I add ... you have no chill :rofl: but defo speak the truth! :clap2:
Original post by SSmall
With all due respect. How do you know you're eating moderate amounts? Considering the weight you have managed to get to and having "not been able" to lose weight in the past from "healthy eating" it's clear you have a skewed idea of how much food is moderate.

*sigh* you said yourself that the most caloric dietchef meals added together only make up around 975 calories a day, if thats true then theres plenty of room to add whatever veggie I want without having to count very bean.

I fee sorry for people on tsr. What a sad lot you are.
Original post by Supersaps
If she put some of those words into her own mouth rather than chocolate cake, she might make some progress.

Reported.

Such a sad loser...
Original post by TheNeutralizer
You'd also be heavily deficient in most essential amino acids, fat soluble vitamins etc etc. The fact is if you're trying to lose weight counting calories and macro-nutrients is a great way of achieving consistent fat loss.

:facepalm: I meant in addition to the dietchef meals...

To be fair to Sophie, it really is about being 'obsessed with calories' - you have to know what you're putting in your body to know if your actions are having any effect. I've been on my diet for two weeks so far and my reduction of calories to 1400 per day has not only helped me lose some weight already, but has actually meant I've lost cravings for food that I had before and I actually feel a whole lot healthier. Counting the calories is vital, especially if you're going down the route of diet only weight loss - to add, I will be adding exercise to this once weight loss stalls from diet alone.
I've already lost a few grams so.. Clearly it does work

Of what; muscle-tissue? Adiposity? Water? Bodily waste?

A few grams lies entirely within the margin of error for inherent fluctuations in body-mass, so in no way attests to the efficacy—or otherwise—of your dietary regimen; not that the very practice of weighing oneself frequently enough to discern such minute physical changes would tend to signify less than total ignorance on this topic in any event.

When you re-visit the scales tomorrow morning to find that you've "gained three grams overnight", don't expect anyone here to save you from your own fecklessness.
(edited 7 years ago)
Why the hell are you acting like you know it all and completely disregarding everyone's advice? You're fat and probably haven't ever lose weight, you don't know ****. Firstly being in a caloric deficit does not mean you're unhealthy. Studies have shown people on deficits have stronger immune systems and live longer. Secondly diets aren't supposed to last your whole life, you diet for a month or 2 then go back to maintenece. Just make sure you get you microvitamins, a good way I used to do it was to steam about 400grams of mixed veggies and eat them. Not the prettiest or tastiest but definitely the easiest and time saving. Thirdly your body isn't so **** that it'll crumble if you only ate 1200 calories, in fact 1200 is probably more, you can go on a higher deficit the more fatter you are. Take the advice and do it although I suspect you won't seeing as all you do is argue with people who want to help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Profesh
Of what; muscle-tissue? Adiposity? Water? Bodily waste?

A few grams lies entirely within the margin of error for inherent fluctuations in body-mass, so in no way attests to the efficacy—or otherwise—of your dietary regimen; not that the very practice of weighing oneself frequently enough to discern such minute physical changes would tend to signify less than total ignorance on this topic in any event.

When you re-visit the scales tomorrow morning to find that you've "gained three grams overnight", don't expect anyone here to save you from your own fecklessness.

600g isn't just a margin of error. Its the first time I've lost any weight in months.
No need to be so nasty.
Original post by Dilzo999
Why the hell are you acting like you know it all and completely disregarding everyone's advice? You're fat and probably haven't ever lose weight, you don't know ****. Firstly being in a caloric deficit does not mean you're unhealthy. Studies have shown people on deficits have stronger immune systems and live longer. Secondly diets aren't supposed to last your whole life, you diet for a month or 2 then go back to maintenece. Just make sure you get you microvitamins, a good way I used to do it was to steam about 400grams of mixed veggies and eat them. Not the prettiest or tastiest but definitely the easiest and time saving. Thirdly your body isn't so **** that it'll crumble if you only ate 1200 calories, in fact 1200 is probably more, you can go on a higher deficit the more fatter you are. Take the advice and do it although I suspect you won't seeing as all you do is argue with people who want to help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is everyone on here acting like they're the supreme authority on weight loss? Most of you are probably a lot younger than me and don't know jack **** about how hard it can be to lose weight.
So ****ing rude.
Why is everyone on here acting like they're the supreme authority on weight loss? Most of you are probably a lot younger than me and don't know jack **** about how hard it can be to lose weight.
So ****ing rude.

Did I ever say it was going to be easy? Obviously losing weight is going to be hard but saying **** like "it's impossible to only eat 1200 calories" etc will definitely not help, if she was going to act like that then there was no point in making this thread in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be fair to Sophie, it really is about being 'obsessed with calories' - you have to know what you're putting in your body to know if your actions are having any effect. I've been on my diet for two weeks so far and my reduction of calories to 1400 per day has not only helped me lose some weight already, but has actually meant I've lost cravings for food that I had before and I actually feel a whole lot healthier. Counting the calories is vital, especially if you're going down the route of diet only weight loss - to add, I will be adding exercise to this once weight loss stalls from diet alone.

Well I just don't think it's a healthy mentality and plenty of people who start counting calories obsessively soon give up.

Quick Reply

Latest