Chemistry: Predicted A / Achieved A
Mathematics: Predicted B / Achieved B
Drama and Theatre Studies: Predicted C / Achieved C

Firm Offer if Received

University of Liverpool - Chemistry (BSc) - ABB

Insurance Offer if Received

Loughborough University - Chemistry (MChem) - BBB

Comments/Reactions

(10/08/16) - Definitely won't get the grades to get into either uni considering Drama. Though i'm hoping they overlook Drama as it's nothing to do with Chemistry.

(17/08/16) - Just looked at the grade boundaries.... oh dear. definitely ready to go into clearing tomorrow RIP me.

(18/08/16) 7:30am- I GOT INTO LIVERPOOL, I'M BUZZING! (still dont know my results though)

(18/08/16) 9:30am- GOT MY PREDICTED GRADES, BUZZING MATE
(edited 7 years ago)
Got
B biology
B physics
C maths in 2011 on same syllabus (08 beginning and we took winter exams)

Should have
A/B biology
A physics
Chemistry AS A (> 270 therefore A* predicted)
Maths B

Will be looking at Loughborough for clearing on the 18th.
And with A2 repeats next year should hopefully get AAAB at least (B in maths but potentially highest A*A*A*A) in which case I'll apply for a different courses...)
Results

English: Predicted A* / Achieved ?
Religious Studies: Predicted A* / Achieved ?
French: Predicted A / Achieved ?

Firm Offer if Received

Durham University - Law - A*AA

Newcastle University - Law - AAA

Comments/Reactions

I am PETRIFIED. I will be absolutely devastated if I don't do as well as I'm hoping as I worked so so hard this year, far harder than at GCSE or AS, and yet some of my exams were awful :frown:
Original post by Sacred Ground
Results:
Geography: Predicted A* (think I'll get an A) / Achieved: ?
Chemistry: Predicted: A / Achieved: ?
Biology: Predicted: A / Achieved: ?

Firm:
Newcastle university - medicine (AAA)

Insurance:
Loughborough university - human biology (ABB)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Newcastle :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by rayquaza17
Newcastle :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I've just stalked your profile (not even ashamed) and noticed you're attending Newcastle university - how is it?! I'm from Newcastle anyway so I know what the city is like :smile:
I've just stalked your profile (not even ashamed) and noticed you're attending Newcastle university - how is it?! I'm from Newcastle anyway so I know what the city is like :smile:

I've just graduated and I'm actually from Northumberland! The uni is great. I loved my time there!
Hi just looking for some advice. I have applied to Plymouth (my firm) to do Early Childhood studies. I need 280 points with a minimum of 160 from two A levels which would be two C's. I already have a Distinction* in my btec which is 140 points.I have seen it in clearing and don't think it is a very competitive course but am worried about the two a levels being C's, how likely is it to be to accepted with at worst two D's which would be 40 points off? Thank uuuu and gd luck eveyone!!!!! :smile:
Results
Not official predictions, but my own.

Maths: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Biology: Predicted A* / Achieved A
Chemistry: Predicted A / Achieved A

Comments/reactions

Bit disappointed tbh, no chance of Cambridge now :angry:. I think it was AQA 6T and it's ridiculous grade boundaries (82% for a B?) that let me down.
(edited 7 years ago)
Everyday my angst increases.. Really want to hide away in a cave where no one can find me 😭
Reply 29
Results

Psychology : Predicted B / Achieved B
Biology: Predicted A / Achieved A
History: Predicted A / Achieved A

Firm Offer if Received

University of Leeds - History - AAA

Queen Mary's University London - History - ABB

Comments/Reactions

Considering how my exams went I'll be amazed if I get AAA... not sure if I'm so keen on going to my insurance anymore so may take a gap year if I miss the grades.

I got AAB instead of AAA but leeds accepted me anyways!! Buzzing <3
(edited 7 years ago)
Results
OCR (not MEI) Further Maths: Predicted A* / Achieved ?
AQA Physics A: Predicted A* / Achieved ?
OCR Chemistry A: Predicted A* / Achieved ?
AQA Computing: Predicted A* / Achieved ?
(A* in Maths achieved in year 12)

Firm Offer if Received
UCL - Computer Science - AA

Not Applicable

Comments/Reactions
100% sure of making the offer because due to my AS results this requires only about 60% in two of Chemistry, Physics, Computing. Pretty sure of getting A* in FM, Physics and Chemistry but Computing is a toss-up. We'll see.
Reply 31
Results
Mathematics: Predicted A* / Achieved ?
Further Mathematics: Predicted A* / Achieved ?
French: Predicted A* / Achieved ?
Physics: Predicted A / Achieved ?

Firm Offer if Received
The University of Warwick - Mathematics (G103) - A*A*A*

The University of Durham - Mathematics (G103) - A*AA

Comments/Reactions
Really scared I didn't get the A* in Further Maths. I had 1 bad day that screwed it all up. I couldn't even add numbers correctly on my calculator I was so tired xD lol. French I'm fairly confident with although my paper was a bit of a mess. Maths I'm guaranteed an A* as I got 198 across C3 and C4 so no worries there ^^ Physics could be an A* (I'm hoping) but will most likely be an A or a B. Last year I put in a lot of work for physics but this year I didn't even do half of the past papers and didn't do much revision so let's see if that works. Probably not. I just hate physics so much. Only 5 days and a few hours to go omg. The time has gone so quickly but time is now slowing down. I feel it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Results
Philosophy: Personal prediction B / Achieved A* (99% UMS)
History: Personal prediction A / Achieved A* (92% UMS)
English: Personal prediction A / Achieved A* (100% UMS)

Firm Offer if Received:
Cambridge - Philosophy - A*AA

Insurance Offer if Received:
Durham - Philosophy - AAA

Comments/Reactions
I was so surprised by the Philosophy because I thought I had flunked the exam. I don't understand it at all. But, I'm delighted and feeling somewhat shell shocked.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by target21859
Results

Firm Offer if Received
The University of Warwick- Mathematics (G103) - A*A*A*

Comments/Reactions
Really scared I didn't get the A* in Further Maths. I had 1 bad day that screwed it all up. I couldn't even add numbers correctly on my calculator I was so tired xD lol. French I'm fairly confident with although my paper was a bit of a mess. Maths I'm guaranteed an A* as I got 198 across C3 and C4 so no worries there ^^ Physics could be an A* (I'm hoping) but will most likely be an A or a B. Last year I put in a lot of work for physics but this year I didn't even do half of the past papers and didn't do much revision so let's see if that works. Probably not. I just hate physics so much. Only 5 days and a few hours to go omg. The time has gone so quickly but time is now slowing down. I feel it.

You have an A*A*A* offer? That's nasty! Hope you meet it :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by target21859
Results

Firm Offer if Received
The University of Warwick- Mathematics (G103) - A*A*A*

Comments/Reactions

I thought it was A*AA if you take both maths and further maths? The Warwick website is so confusing about this. :redface:
Reply 35
You have an A*A*A* offer? That's nasty! Hope you meet it :smile:

No step that's why and thanks! Hope you get what you want ^^
Reply 36
Original post by Ayman!
I thought it was A*AA if you take both maths and further maths? The Warwick website is so confusing about this. :redface:

If you get a 1 in STEP yes.
I just logged into my school online account and there's a "A-level exam results". I nearly had a heart attack because I thought my reslts were out early, but when I clicked on it there was only the names of my subjects with a blank space next to them.
Results

History of Art: Personal prediction A* / Achieved A*
Religious Studies: Personal prediction A / Achieved A*
English Literature: Personal prediction C / Achieved B :woo:

Firm Offer if Received

Edinburgh - History of Art - ABB

Leicester - History of Art - Unconditional

Comments/Reactions

Royally *****ing myself :colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by laylarose
Results

History of Art: Personal prediction A* / Achieved ?
Religious Studies: Personal prediction A / Achieved ?
English Literature: Personal prediction C / Achieved ?

Firm Offer if Received

Edinburgh - History of Art - ABB

Leicester - History of Art - Unconditional

Comments/Reactions

Royally *****ing myself :colonhash:

Just curious - where exactly does a history of Art degree lead you?

Quick Reply

Latest