The Student Room Group

Unexpected sqa results

Hi, i was wondering if i could still get into strathclyde uni to study biochemistry if i recieved two Cs in my highers when i was predicted As in both. I feel really disappointed in myself as i was not expected them at all. I recieved a B in both Higher English and Higher Business also. I want to do AH English at the caledonian hub and biology at AH but i do not know if i will be allowed as it depends on how many people are applying to do the same.

What do i do? I am also planning to crash Higher History and Geography and resit Higher Chemistry. Is this a good choice?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I am going into 6th year and also have nat 5 maths at a B
Reply 2
Original post by Mohsue123
Hi, i was wondering if i could still get into strathclyde uni to study biochemistry if i recieved two Cs in my highers when i was predicted As in both. I feel really disappioned in myself as i was nit expected them at all. I recieved a B in both Higher English and Higher Business also. I want to do AH English at the caledonian hub and biology at AH but i do not know if i will be allowed as it depends on how many people are applying to do the same.

What do i do? I am also planning to crash Higher History and Geography and resit Higher Chemistry. Is this a good choice?

Have you considered remarks? If you had done really well through out the year for biology and chemistry and you were predicted an A you could always consider that.
I can't advise you sadly on what you should take as its quite a difficult situation. However, you could find out if you are close to a B for your sciences and get a remark
Reply 3
If you're crashing two new highers and resitting one I'd forgo one of your two AHs, specifically, English - considering the degree you want to study. (I don't know anyone who took a whole set of 5 subjects in 6th year, and unis never really give out conditions on AHs anyways so you'd probs find yourself shunting it to the side in order to meet your offer)
Reply 4
Original post by JM_1998
If you're crashing two new highers and resitting one I'd forgo one of your two AHs, specifically, English - considering the degree you want to study. (I don't know anyone who took a whole set of 5 subjects in 6th year, and unis never really give out conditions on AHs anyways so you'd probs find yourself shunting it to the side in order to meet your offer)

Ok, thank you for your advice😊😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending