The Student Room Group

The Official Premier League 2016/17 Lounge

Welcome to the Premier League Lounge for 2016/17

This is the place for all football fans to discuss their love for the most exciting league in the world for the season:excited:

Of course, there are team threads out there if you wish to talk within them, but this can act as a home for people that don't have the luxury of their own team thread or if you just wish to talk football with other fans - banter is permitted.

Feel free to debate issues, e.g. Payet vs. Ozil, or discuss matches that are happening on the weekend (although if you wish to create a match thread then by all means, go ahead) or even if you want to discuss MOTD. This thread is yours.

Places worth visiting -Team threads -

Table

BPL Table.PNG

Top Goalscorers

Cup Winners

Community Shield - Manchester United

FA Cup -

Capital One Cup -
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Predictions

This is the place where you can see all your crazy predictions. Think that Kane is going to finish top goalscorer or Pogba is going to dramatically flop? Just @ me and I shall add you into the list! Then you can come back and look how you did at the end of the season :colone:

PugDevil - Manchester United to win the league. Ibrahimovic to outscore Kane.
(edited 7 years ago)
PL top scorers:

1. Ibra
2. Martial
3. Rashford
Reply 3
Original post by Dirtybit
PL top scorers:

1. Ibra
2. Martial
3. Rashford

Bold... do you want that added to the predictions? :colone:
Original post by Dirtybit
PL top scorers:

1. Ibra
2. Martial
3. Rashford

4. Rooney
That Hull team is shocking. Will be amazed if they get 20 points.
So then, anybody else lose their bets because of these draw results? :colonhash:

Bets aside, can't wait for the season ahead.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by sr90
That Hull team is shocking. Will be amazed if they get 20 points.

Leicester were a big letdown today :angry:

Original post by _Morsey_
So then, anybody else lose their bets because of these draw results?

Bets aside, can't wait for the season ahead.

Every time I've bet, I've always lost :lol: I've seen friends get so much from it!
Reply 8
What's everyone's opinions on the first few games? Not exactly a goal fest and City got lucky :colonhash:
Many teams will suffer from the post-summer tournament blowback - different players are training at varying levels (those who returned early July to those few weeks after) so it will be a slow burner start to the season.

MOTD should be good viewing, purely to see if Gary Linekar really does the WHOLE episode only in his pants. I think they'll have him do the opening or last segment..
Reply 10
Original post by Aky786UK
Many teams will suffer from the post-summer tournament blowback - different players are training at varying levels (those who returned early July to those few weeks after) so it will be a slow burner start to the season.

MOTD should be good viewing, purely to see if Gary Linekar really does the WHOLE episode only in his pants. I think they'll have him do the opening or last segment..

Yeah I completely agree. Tomorrow has some nice matches mind you, I reckon Liverpooland Arsenal will be a good one.

Haha I think he will do the opening too
Great thread! Gives us fans of rubbish teams a place to complain about our rubbish teams.
Original post by TheMagicRat
Great thread! Gives us fans of rubbish teams a place to complain about our rubbish teams.

I thought that's what the Arsenal thread was for.
Reply 13
Original post by Manchester United
I thought that's what the Arsenal thread was for.

Nicely done :tongue:

And what 'rubbish team' do you support? :wink:
Original post by PugDevil
And what 'rubbish team' do you support? :wink:

West Brom
That's probably the best opening day game i've ever seen
Reply 16
West Brom

Least you can keep a clean sheet - I'm tempted to pop a WBA defender in my FPL :tongue:

Original post by sr90
That's probably the best opening day game i've ever seen

Agreed, although I was listening to it on BBC sport :lol: Can't wait for MOTD! This season is only going to get better :biggrin:
I can't be the only one who's found this 4 hour Man U love-in on Sky to be completely surreal - almost like living in Orwell's 1984 under the totalitarian Manchester United. Not one mention of Southampton for most of it! All sorts of strangeness too: from Kamara's utterly bizarre commentary of Man U's passing drills to Jeff Stelling's cringeworthy segment on childhood 'posters'.

And do we really need six of them to tell us what's going on? :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Glad I ignored the build-up, the whole 1hr and 30mins of it but take Kamara out of his Soccer Saturday surroundings and he comes across as a joke. Didn't add to the show neither did the big pundit team and even Stelling/Riley duo was flat, too forced in the banter discussions and latter only seemed to have moments to explain the possession stats and the cut aways to interviews..

Need to re-define it more simpler I reckon..
Friday Night Football because Rachel Riley.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Latest