The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PQ
You don't even know whether you've met your firm offer yet - never mind whether they'll take you with lower grades.

Only 8% of people end up at their insurance (mainly because most firms take applicants with 1/2/3+ dropped grades).

Ring tomorrow first thing and explain that you don't want a place and want to go into clearing if your firm reject you and ask what they need from you to make that happen.

Thanks a lot for the reassurance and advice. I'll ring them tomorrow
Reply 4401
Original post by Serine Soul
NatSci with A*A*A :redface:

Best of luck!

Thanks you too :smile:
@PQ

I'll be applying to uni this October for 2017 entry, and I was wondering about the entry requirements. Are the ones listed now on websites/prospectuses the final entry requirements, or can/will they still change like after results day or something?
Original post by fefssdf
I'm getting really scared now cause people are saying about unis taking ages to release you into clearing and so i could end up on a gap year now because of this so then i think maybe I'm better off just going to my insurance after all and i could always just drop out if it is that bad

You can still get offers from clearing courses whilst you're waiting to be released so that won't affecf it. It just won't be UCAS official. Just make sure you explain the situation to the uni and get their offer down in writing and they will hold on until you get released

Source: rang multiple unis who's clearing courses I'm interested in and they all said this
Original post by JMACM98
You can still get offers from clearing courses whilst you're waiting to be released so that won't affecf it. It just won't be UCAS official. Just make sure you explain the situation to the uni and get their offer down in writing and they will hold on until you get released

Source: rang multiple unis who's clearing courses I'm interested in and they all said this

UCAS forbid universities from talking to applicants who are placed elsewhere.

Obviously it happens but there's a good chance (especially on results day) that universities will refuse to commit to anything for an applicant that isn't officially in clearing.
Original post by PQ

Obviously it happens but there's a good chance (especially on results day) that universities will refuse to commit to anything for an applicant that isn't officially in clearing.

Yep this seems to be one of those UCAS myths about clearing but st the end of the day you can't get an offer unless you have a clearing number and the uni isn't exactly gonna wait days to let you have your place ? That would just be waste of time on their part. They just want to fill up their spaces ASAP
Indian music is helping me through these stressful times :redface:
For A2 Students, anyone else choose a firm and insurance with near identical grades and regretting it now lmaooo
Original post by PQ

Just curious - but what does happen if a university contacts you before Thursday with a "congratulations/welcome" email before results are released? I saw a post along these lines earlier and it got me wondering if this could cause the uni some problems.
Does anyone know how long it takes for Universities to release you into clearing if you reject them? And could I call like now to tell them I no longer wish to be on the course?
Original post by PQ

Yeah, they wouldn't make an official one by technicality, but all the unis ive spoken to have said they will happy hold an offer until an applicant is released and they can enter it into UCAS. I thought the same as you but I've been told different from the source :frown: now I'm scared
Original post by Hamzy45
For A2 Students, anyone else choose a firm and insurance with near identical grades and regretting it now lmaooo

Firm AAA
Insurance A*AB/AAA

Regretting it cause now I don't even wanna go to my insurance
Original post by AqsaMx
Does anyone know how long it takes for Universities to release you into clearing if you reject them? And could I call like now to tell them I no longer wish to be on the course?

I just asked this uni and it could take weeks for them to sort it out accordingly to people on here . I'm gonna call up my insurance tomorrow and ask to be rejected so I guess I'll find out whether they're gonna sort it out before Thursday or not :/
Reply 4413
Original post by Hamzy45

Firm: ABB
insurance: AAB

Don't regret it (they were my lowest offers anyway :lol:
I actually forgot my insurance offer because it's much lower compared to my firm, lemme check
My course is no longer in clearing at my firm uni
And now my backup course has also been removed..
On top of that, I don't have an insurance because I got my offer through ucas extra
Really don't know what to do for my Plan B
Original post by 98matt
Does anyone know what time the WJEC grade boundaries are released?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year it was midnight on the 17th (ie 16th night) at the same time as edexcel
Original post by Aph
Firm: ABB
insurance: AAB

Don't regret it (they were my lowest offers anyway :lol:

Course for your firm and where?
Reply 4418
I actually forgot my insurance offer because it's much lower compared to my firm, lemme check

What subject?

Bet it's BBB because of MAP - that's what mine was back in the day - 2 grades lower than the usual offer hehehe

Quick Reply

Latest