The Student Room Group

Do not no what to do! cheated on my long term relationship... shall i break up?

So... I have been with my boyfriend for nearly 3 years now. I was 14 when I first got with him and had only kissed one boy before him. He has had sex with other girls before our relationship as he is older than me.

He treats me amazing and I do love him so so much, he will do absolutely anything for me and all he wants to do is to make me happy.

Recently, I can't be bothered with him, I can't be bothered kissing him and when we have sex, we just have sex, we don't make love (haha). I was out the other week and seen an old friend and we have always had a little spark but nothing serious. Which, I think, my boyfriend does know and doesn't like him for it.

We ended up going home together and I ended up kissing him. We have been texting ever since and I have been to his a few times and we have now had sex. I love kissing him and I'm so attracted to him.

However... If you put them both in front of me and I had to pick, I would pick my boyfriend, he is my best friend and I can see us spending the rest of my life with him.

But why do I keep wanting to see the other boy?

I don't know what to do, I am so confused!

PLEASE HELP

**Also, when I got with him, he was out all the time and so fun, all he wanted to do was party... now all I want to do is go out and party but he is being so boring and never wants to go out. We are the type of people that could go out together and have so much fun but he seems to have a fed up attitude**
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by 253lwpm98

Recently, I can't be bothered with him, I can't be bothered kissing him and when we have sex, we just have sex, we don't make love (haha).

However... If you put them both in front of me and I had to pick, I would pick my boyfriend, he is my best friend and I can see us spending the rest of my life with him.

Totally makes sense.

Break up with your boyfriend, for HIS sake.
How do people have such complicated love lives when I can't even get a guy to look at me?
Original post by Serine Soul
How do people have such complicated love lives when I can't even get a guy to look at me?

Same
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
Totally makes sense.

Break up with your boyfriend, for HIS sake.

If I broke up with him I feel like he wouldn't know what to do. I am truly his world
He sounds like my boyfriend, a good guy. I would never cheat on my boyfriend but if I did I'd be honest.

If you don't love him and can't be bothered with him, then break up.

Don't choose either of the boys. Have some single time. Decide your feelings.
Reply 6
If I broke up with him I feel like he wouldn't know what to do. I am truly his world

So? You clearly don't care about him that much for you to cheat on him. Do you think your boyfriend will be happy that you ****ed another guy behind his back? Of course you probably won't tell him, but then you'll only be lying to yourself.

Ask yourself, who are you trying to kid here?
So... I have been with my boyfriend for nearly 3 years now. I was 14 when I first got with him and had only kissed one boy before him. He has had sex with other girls before our relationship as he is older than me.

He treats me amazing and I do love him so so much, he will do absolutely anything for me and all he wants to do is to make me happy.

Recently, I can't be bothered with him, I can't be bothered kissing him and when we have sex, we just have sex, we don't make love (haha). I was out the other week and seen an old friend and we have always had a little spark but nothing serious. Which, I think, my boyfriend does know and doesn't like him for it.

We ended up going home together and I ended up kissing him. We have been texting ever since and I have been to his a few times and we have now had sex. I love kissing him and I'm so attracted to him.

PLEASE HELP

You're obviously having problems in your relationship.. confess, explain what's been making you actually satisfied with this boy, say i'm sorry, then leave. You obviously don't have enough respect.

"Truly his world" lol.

He'll live.

He will.
anyone who cheats is absolute scum, break up with him and let him find someone who deserves him.

Yeah if you broke up with him, told him the truth and explained yourself, perhaps the blow would be softer than finding out later that you cheated on him. It isn't fair to string along a guy who cares for you if you can't reciprocate the feeling.
Lol, I'm sorry I can't take this seriously. Should you break up with him? Really? If this was you it happened to, how would you feel! Cheating is never ok whether you're a guy or girl. You should have broken up with him first before going off with someone else.

When I would hear young teens who have just finished their GCSEs or A levels speaking about having such complicated relationships issues, I always would think why put yourself through that or in this situation so early. You have your whole life ahead of you and more to experience. Watch when you get to university and you meet new people ahaha. Instead focus on yourself, your career and get your money. Who has time for drama when you haven't even established yourself career wise and in other aspects being so young. Get to know yourself and avoid cheating in the future. In the next ten years, these relationships most likely will be memories.
You're young. There's no rush...

PLEASE HELP

**Also, when I got with him, he was out all the time and so fun, all he wanted to do was party... now all I want to do is go out and party but he is being so boring and never wants to go out. We are the type of people that could go out together and have so much fun but he seems to have a fed up attitude**

You might love him as a friend but you arent in love with him.

You call him boring.
You cnat be bothered with him.
You dont think twice about having sex with someone else

Let him go and find someone else who he can be happy with , love and trust. That isnt you.

You cna then go and find someone more compatible with you. Your relationship as far as you are concerned has run its course.

Its a bit strange you cnat see the significance of cheating on someone and what it says about your relationship.
(edited 7 years ago)
you should. it's unfair to lead him on if you don't like him.

plus if you're looking at other guys, you clearly don't like him anymore so what's the point on holding on? maybe you think he'll struggle after the break up but honestly? he'll get over it and move on to someone who will love him completely. please do him this favour and break up with him.
Not being funny, but you were texting the other boy and ksised him and then shagged him, like err, you don't love your bf, whoooooor
Tell him what you did and he'll do it for you.

Also, you don't cheat on someone you "love".
(edited 7 years ago)

PLEASE HELP

How old is he btw?
Reply 18
18, he's only 18 months older than me
Original post by Serine Soul

story. of. my. life.

Quick Reply

Latest