The Student Room Group

Cultivating relationships: the initial impression/stammering

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Diphthong
Do you think therefore that a potential 'incompatibility' of worldviews can jeopardise a relationship or even prevent one from developing?

Your a minority in UK, Germany, France, USA (majority of states), Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Spain. No one wants a traditional dominanting male in a relationship.
Reply 21
Original post by ckfeister
Your a minority in UK, Germany, France, USA (majority of states), Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Spain. No one wants a traditional dominanting male in a relationship.

And you can see how well a lot of these countries are currently doing.. Sometimes traditionalism has its place, either way though, it does not matter as people with opposed political views can still enter a relationship.
Original post by ckfeister

Of all the qualities that I do not possess, dominance is one. Or at least, I am not domineering. I think you misunderstand my intentions... it is not my place to forcibly insert my convictions into discourse of any sort where they may be inflammatory. I suppose the bottom line is that traditionalism does not, invariably, equal dominance.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Consider body language, tonality, clarity, and strength of voice. These are more make or break than a slight stammer :borat:

Thank you. The severity of the stammer does depend on some variables but I do of course always try to maintain some sort of standard in those areas!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending