The Student Room Group

year 8

should someone start revising for gcse even though they are in yr 8? this is for my brotha x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
way too early imo
Its way to early.
Original post by milikahyounas
should someone start revising for gcse even though they are in yr 8? this is for my brotha x

No, the night before every exam will suffice.
No, he has another year before he even starts learning the content.

Far, far, far, far, far etc. too early.
I dunno, I started learning my GCSE's from Y6 so...
Wait? People revise for GCSEs??
Reply 7
Original post by milikahyounas

That's far too early! He probably hasn't even started covering the GCSE content yet so it wouldn't be worth while.
Absolutely. 5 hours a night, MINIMUM.
It's a bit on the early side. Things change with them, so he could end up learning all of this content for the course content to change. I started learning the content year 9 for triple science, maths, and a couple of other subjects. The rest weren't even started until year 10. That being said, if he's eager to start learning ahead then that's great and should be encouraged. If he can handle the extra workload, then there shouldn't be an issue. He might be able to get his teachers to support him by marking the odd piece of work, and he can study and revise online. He needs to be determined though, because that's a lot of years of GCSE revision if he starts in year 8 and it'll get incredibly repetitive and annoying to do
Original post by RDKGames
I dunno, I started learning my GCSE's from Y6 so...

are you being serious or just try to show how much of a nerd you are?
Original post by Hashtosh302
are you being serious or just try to show how much of a nerd you are?

Of course I'm not ****ing serious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RDKGames
Of course I'm not ****ing serious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh alright, funny joke
How do you start revising a syllabus you don't know yet?:s-smilie:
No of course not. Year 8 is the year to have fun (you need to make the most of the less stressful years of school). If he starts revising in Year 8 then he will probably look back on it and regret that he didn't mess around have fun like kids should at that age.
Reply 15
Absolutely no need. Year 7, 8 and 9 are the fun years, enjoy it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Year 8 is my fav year of school so far. Don't let exam stress ruin it and just have fun.
He's too late-he'll get Us in everything! Should have started revision in reception

Quick Reply

Latest